EZ Air questions

SSAtlantic

On 12/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, muffydawg said:

If you book through EZ Air 8-10 months prior to departure and are not ticketed until 45 days prior to departure will the airlines allow you to select a seat?

I'll add our experience, which mirrors most of the answers you have already received.  We booked pretty far out and were able to do seat selections right away.  This is an international flight with a connection at a domestic airport.  The fare included Economy for the domestic leg and Premium for the overseas leg.  We were also able to upgrade the economy seats in the domestic leg directly with the airline.  

We have only used EZAir just this once.  So far so good.   We have another international cruise where the EZAir fares are not competitive.  But it is still pretty far out and we will keep watching.   

When we booked Air Canada through EZ Air we are ticketed within 3 days and we booked at least 8-10 months prior. Once ticketed you can select your seats. I’m assuming this all depends on the airline. 

OP here. Thank you to all who answered my questions. I did go ahead and book our flights with EZ air. I was able to select seats in United for both legs. However, while our return flight shows those seats gone on United site, our flight over shows our seats as still available. How long should I give this before calling and is it better to call EZ air or United directly?

TIA

28 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

OP here. Thank you to all who answered my questions. I did go ahead and book our flights with EZ air. I was able to select seats in United for both legs. However, while our return flight shows those seats gone on United site, our flight over shows our seats as still available. How long should I give this before calling and is it better to call EZ air or United directly?

TIA

Personally if EZ Air shows you have specific seats and United doesn't, I'd start with United and I wouldn't wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

TIA

Do you have a FF number and an on line account with United?  If yes, I suggest you log in, put in your flight record locator and select/confirm your seats.  

The ability to do this might be negatively impacted if all flights are not operated my United.  (Might be a code share operated by a Partner airline)

• 3 weeks later...

We will be flying in late July from Orlando to Barcelona for a cruise that ends in Athens.  I have booked flights through EZ air, but I want to make a change.  Best price when I booked was Delta from Orlando to Barcelona and United from Athens to Orlando.  Now I am trying to change through EZ air online so that we can fly the same airline both ways.  EZ air online seems to not allow me to do that.  Is there a work around.  Thanks

If you have to cancel without Princess Ins does the airline give you credit on airfare to use in two years?  My final payment is not until April 2024.  Trying to decide if I should insure my total trip or just the cruise portion.  The airfare is almost as much as the cruise.  

On 1/6/2024 at 6:13 PM, birdiebill said:

We will be flying in late July from Orlando to Barcelona for a cruise that ends in Athens.  I have booked flights through EZ air, but I want to make a change.  Best price when I booked was Delta from Orlando to Barcelona and United from Athens to Orlando.  Now I am trying to change through EZ air online so that we can fly the same airline both ways.  EZ air online seems to not allow me to do that.  Is there a work around.  Thanks

Are you trying to keep part of the existing reservation?  You should be able to price out a completely new ticket RT.

I agree with all of these comments.  We have always got the best deal through Ez air and sometimes fly into one of their cities and take a separate flight to get to the cruise departure city in order to visit a landlocked city not available on cruises.  We generally love ez air.  One word of caution, last summer we flew on Eurowings Discover which was listed as an offshoot of United.  It was not worth it,  we had to pay for a glass of wine on an international flight and the seats had no room.  I am 5 feet at best and I had about 2 inches of clearance between my knees and the seat in front of me.  When the person in front of me put their seatback, I could not get out to go to the washroom.  Only silver lining is because I had status on United, we did not have to pay for bags.  Never again.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked with EZ Air selecting flights round trip San Antonio TX to Heathrow London way in advance for our British Isles cruise embarking 8/31/24.

Last week I got an email from Princess advising me to select other flights as ours had been changed. Turned out Delta had completely dropped the San Antonio airport! So back to looking at multiple options and although the initial fare was cheaper with American Airlines they charge $75 per bag per flight so =$300 for us so went with British Airways. Dumb and dumber as 3 of the 4 flights are operated by American Airlines and also had to pay them an extra approximately $175 to select seats not in “3 in a row” aisle. Total cost was about $20 more with British Airways but avoided the baggage hassle.

I will keep watching EZ Air for any fare reductions until our payment is due late May. It is a hassle but kudos to Princess for notifying me asap.