Guests onboard

Techno123

Years ago we had friends meet us for lunch.  You needed to request paperwork to ensure ID of guests.  Guests needed to bring passports (this was in Europe) to verify identity.  There was a charge for lunch.   Fun memory:  Inadvertently, we sat for drinks at the space that would be used for trivia at the time...a rude participant screamed we were taking his team's place.  We immediately began to exit, when we heard other participants loudly inviting us to stay and play with them.   A lot more kind people than not.

Edited by Camillus112
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Poppy1966 said:

I had guests on overnight..boarded at 11am in one port and disembarked 4pm next day in the next port. Was on the Spirit in Tasmania…

Sure it wasn't the Spirit of Tasmania.😉

https://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/?ds_c=Retail+|+Brand+|+Mainland+Australia&ds_ag=SoT+Brand&ds_k=spirit+of+tasmania&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NWrBhD-ARIsAFCKwWvQCKjozo0Sh1fG1ME75fFaEDwof7hWnwfD3aGeov0orF2N_PXfBVAaAmdWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Haha 1

I wonder if they will allow previous customers,  with a confirmed booking, to visit a ship in port? 

We have one for next year and the Silver Dawn is popping in to our local port a  couple of months earlier. It would be nice to have a browse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I wonder if they will allow previous customers,  with a confirmed booking, to visit a ship in port? 

We have one for next year and the Silver Dawn is popping in to our local port a  couple of months earlier. It would be nice to have a browse.

We did just that when Silver Nova was in Virginia Beach last month. It was $60.00.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Wants you sail with SS once, you become a Venetian Society member with visitation privileges for a fee. 
  As an aside to having visitors, Seabourn allowed our son to come aboard in NYC, and share dinner and drinks with no charge. Also, filled out the same paperwork as required by SS .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Wants you sail with SS once, you become a Venetian Society member with visitation privileges for a fee. 
  As an aside to having visitors, Seabourn allowed our son to come aboard in NYC, and share dinner and drinks with no charge. Also, filled out the same paperwork as required by SS .

Yup ... that $60pp is a taking into account my previous cruises.

Noy paying that for a buffet lunch 🤭

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Yup ... that $60pp is a taking into account my previous cruises.

Noy paying that for a buffet lunch 🤭

Hmmm

WaldoJr (VS) (SWMBO had to work) came on board for debarkation from Sydney when DrWaldette and I sailed away.  

We had a lovely lunch in Atlantide including 3 plates of caviar, a 3 course meal each and some lovely wines,  They actually let him board before pax so he was already one Pommery in before we even got on the gangplank.  

Personally, I thought it good value.  

• Like 2

Way back before Covid, I had a guest onboard for a whole day visit which included lunch and drinks which I believe cost me $100 which was charged to my onboard account.

Altho' it was mid-cruise, I arranged it beforehand with a form from: specialservices@silversea.com

and my guest had to bring her passport for ID and for SS to hold during her visit to ensure she disembarked!

Dunno if that is how it's done now.

• Like 1

Pre- covid we used the same procedure as Jolly Jones pre-cruise to arrange to have  our cousins (parents and 3 school age children) on board (mid- cruise)in Donegal  for lunch and drinks. Then once onboard guest relations contacted us to arrange a table in the Restaurant, any special requests, etc. We had a lovely day. I think it was $60 pp.

• Thanks 1

The price is dependent on the visit type. eg Lunch was one price, dinner another (works if you have an overnight stop somewhere)

It will be on the form.  I would request prior.... can't hurt and the price would be the same IMHO..  If you've pre lodged it then you have more chance of it happening.  It was very popular in Sydney, so much so, that people who had made requests missed out.  

• Thanks 1