Just off the Equinox 12/10/2023

horseymike

We board on the 18th of January.

I hope that they reinstated the old dining in the MDR.

Can't trust the menus that are listed on the app, considering they only have 6 nights worth.

It's our first time on Equinox and we are without a beverage package. 

We are Elite and have a bit of OBC.

The review is hopeful.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 8:45 AM, ISLANDFAN said:

image.png.f4fb405d8a568c4c505454ccff11bf91.png

2 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

Can't trust the menus that are listed on the app, considering they only have 6 nights worth.

The review is hopeful.

2 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

The review is hopeful.

I hope you have a great cruise .🚢

12 hours ago, Rjbobalou said:

Café al Bacio in the morning was the worst service on any of my 58 Celebrity cruises

I guess we were not alone that felt this way. In 10 days, never got my latte done correctly. 

In the morning we were getting it upstairs in OV.

We were on the same cruise. Nothing was outstanding for us in any areas except for friendly crew and our room steward Peter - exceptional.

MDR food was uninspiring, food served was not hot. Had to return few times. No more Moscato by the glass in Classic package.

WiFi was very spotty. Entertainment was hit or miss. We enjoyed few shows. Didn't like production shows 4 years ago, so we didn't go back to watch it again.

Embarkation and disembarkation were quick. 

Most definitely Celebrity is not what used to be even 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

We were on the same cruise. Nothing was outstanding for us in any areas except for friendly crew and our room steward Peter - exceptional.

MDR food was uninspiring, food served was not hot. Had to return few times. No more Moscato by the glass in Classic package.

Moscato is my favorite wine!  How much is a glass in the Premium pkg?  We have the Classic pkg., so I guess I will have to pay the difference plus tip!!!

2 hours ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

Moscato is my favorite wine!  How much is a glass in the Premium pkg?  We have the Classic pkg., so I guess I will have to pay the difference plus tip!!!

Moscato was not available by glass - bottle only. If I knew that, I would have brought my own on board. 

2 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Moscato was not available by glass - bottle only. If I knew that, I would have brought my own on board. 

Good to know...it's my wife's favorite too. We will be bring one on board for her, but I doubt she can make it last 10 days.

Our opinion of the same cruise, we were B2B boarded 21st Nov. and departed 10th Dec  :-

• Never seen so many scooters in all my life and the size of people.....oh!
  • The crew on the whole were very good.
  • OVC was a place to avoid, food quality poor.
  • Cafe al Bacio was Ok, not crowded most of the time.  Coffee never hot even when asked.
  • Entertainment ...... worst ever. 
  • Cruise Director ....loud and brash.
  • Disembarkation was a nightmare outside the Terminal with little organisation.
  • Classic bev..... down graded, wine choice almost non-existant.

Unfortunately we book a February 2024 cruise a year previous, not looking forward to it, so disappointing.

Definitely will be our last Celebrity Cruise, penny pinching to the extreme.

Sorry but I really have nothing good to say, we turned Elite plus during the first cruise so really can state that the decline of Celebrity is astonishing.   Maybe other Cruise Lines are following the same path.......

Edited by mickey89
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Our opinion of the same cruise, we were B2B boarded 21st Nov. and departed 10th Dec  :-

• Never seen so many scooters in all my life and the size of people.....oh!
  • The crew on the whole were very good.
  • OVC was a place to avoid, food quality poor.
  • Cafe al Bacio was Ok, not crowded most of the time.  Coffee never hot even when asked.
  • Entertainment ...... worst ever. 
  • Cruise Director ....loud and brash.
  • Disembarkation was a nightmare outside the Terminal with little organisation.
  • Classic bev..... down graded, wine choice almost non-existant.

Unfortunately we book a February 2024 cruise a year previous, not looking forward to it, so disappointing.

Definitely will be our last Celebrity Cruise, penny pinching to the extreme.

Sorry but I really have nothing good to say, we turned Elite plus during the first cruise so really can state that the decline of Celebrity is astonishing.   Maybe other Cruise Lines are following the same path.......

While your criticisms of the ship and sailing might be valid, opening your list of complaints with a mention of your fellow guests' mobility and weight makes me take the rest of what you say with a grain of salt.  

We were on the Equinox at the end of October, for us  the only weak spot was the food choices in the MDR, which seemingly has been corrected now. The buffet had more theme lunches and dinners , which made it enjoyable to go to without seeing the same stuff every day. Can't speak to wine choices, but never ran into any liquor choices being unavailable. Service was fantastic shipwide. 

Entertainment was par for the course for Celebrity. Lots of options all ok, but no performers who wowed us, 

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

First night asked for a glass of Moscato and was told only by the bottle. We had just got off the Summit 32 days before and got it by the glass. Contacted beverage manager and he told me he would check it out. Within 10 minutes Moscato was available by the glass. The bottle we purchased was removed from our account.

On 12/14/2023 at 9:30 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

What hours were the worst?  

Café al Bacio in the morning was the worst service on any of my 58 Celebrity cruises

18 hours ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

Why isn't Moscato by the glass not available? Moscato is within the same price per bottle comparing it to the other wines served by the glass. I questioned the Beverage Manager on our last cruise and she said they didn't sell or stock enough.  Very poor reasoning.

I’m sailing Jan 18th and it seems the ship is full for the most part last I saw. I’ve never sailed on a full ship. Does anyone know if this ship will seem crowded? I’ve heard others on larger capacity ships say it was full, but didn’t seem so. 
Thank you in advance for the response. 

On 12/14/2023 at 8:38 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

I love concise reviews with Q&A afterwards.  

We’ve only done E class ships (Edge twice) so far and 1st time on an older and smaller ship.

We board on Jan 8th for 10 nights and very excited.  Will be on SV on 11th deck.

Question - was the ship full and did it feel full or not?

The ship was pretty full , there were always plenty of people around, yet it did not feel overcrowded most of the time.The S class ships have many public areas where you can avoid crowds.

OVC. At certain times was packed - noon on a sea day. 
Yet there were some folks who tied up tables playing cards as other people struggled to find a place to sit down and eat. This was not an ongoing occurrence, but it did happen.

The line at Cafe Al Baccio on the morning of debarkation was extremely long, one girl behind the counter, major blunder by X.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I'm trying to remember, is there anywhere else on the ship to get a specialty coffee?  What I mean by that is anything more than black coffee, or with cream?

The bar at the right entrance to the OVC as you are facing aft on the ship makes specialty coffee drinks. Sometimes they were good , sometimes not to special. I really believe some of the bartender / baristas do a better job than others , it seems to be the luck 🍀 or bad luck of who you draw.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Yet there were some folks who tied up tables playing cards as other people struggled to find a place to sit down and eat. This was not an ongoing occurrence, but it did happen.

This should not be allowed during serving times. Some people think they own the ship since they paid for their cabin. SMH

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, asctony said:

This should not be allowed during serving times. Some people think they own the ship since they paid for their cabin. SMH

Common courtesy. Most people onboard were very polite, unfortunately, there are always a few who are not. There are several public areas around the ship where they could comfortably play cards besides the OVC during peak meal times.