Just off the Equinox 12/10/2023

horseymike

I Will be as concise as possible.

Embarkation was efficient and pain less. No long waits , quickly onboard.

Crew was amazing , even when operating in a situation when they appeared to be short handed.

We ate in the MDR all but the last night ( the menu for that night was uninspiring).

The food was very good to excellent. The service was exceptional.

OVC was really good at breakfast , really good at lunch , just fair at dinner. ( minimal choices at dinner )

Cafe Al Baccio was inconsistent, the crew was always busy and trying hard, but the coffee was good at times and weak at others.

Morning of debarkation, one girl was making the coffee for all the orders , open at 6 am , long line, not pleasant.

Bar service was very good around the ship.

Entertainment was good , not great.

Music was very good most of the time.

Cabin steward was exceptional.

Debarkation from the ship was smooth, collecting our luggage was tedious, we were in group 5 , for whatever reason the luggage for this group was 

very late getting off the ship , most of the other groups already had their luggage unloaded. A bit perplexing.

Edited by horseymike
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

We got off the Equinox on the 30th. Yes turn down twice a day. The shows were topper I think it was called and elysium, plus a broadway songs show.  We had a boy band act, Neil Diamond impersonator, violinist. Our review is similar to op but we didn’t have great dining room service this time around.  Took 4 nights before I finally got a cocktail in MDR. I would say I wanted a cocktail when arriving and the guy would show up just before dessert.No drink package so I was paying.  Coffee was also a difficult thing it took 4 nights to get that figured out. They had no idea about cream for coffee. Finally got it and it was curdled. Eventually sorted out. Wine steward was great. Food was better than expected in MDR.  cabin steward was awesome. Great cruise overall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ESweets said:

Thanks you for your review! I love hearing some good reviews as we will be onboard 12/19. May I ask about the current entertainment/shows? 

see you on board!

OP or others, how is the condition of the ship. Been a while since drydock. In good shape or is there more wear and tear than normal

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

see you on board!

OP or others, how is the condition of the ship. Been a while since drydock. In good shape or is there more wear and tear than normal

Was on her for the Halloween cruise. Just normal wear and tear. Nothing that would affect your cruise.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ESweets said:

Thanks you for your review! I love hearing some good reviews as we will be onboard 12/19. May I ask about the current entertainment/shows? 

Ashlie Amber did a Whitney Houston tribute one night , Country songs another night.

A comedian , a magician , on different nights.

Elysium , Topper , Life  production shows on three different nights.

There was also a welcome aboard show with the production cast on the first night.

our personal favorite was a female solo violinist who did a high energy violin show with the Celebrity Orchestra.

Edited by horseymike
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

see you on board!

I think the overall condition of the ship was quite good. The maintenance team can be seen around the ship painting , working on different things,  ventilation system , food preparation equipment,  etc. 

They really stay on top of things from what is visible as a passenger in the public areas.

I heard the ship is doing a TA to Barcelona in April of 2024 , at which point it will undergo a 20 day dry dock.

Edited by horseymike

1 hour ago, diesel1973 said:

Was on her for the Halloween cruise. Just normal wear and tear. Nothing that would affect your cruise.

55 minutes ago, horseymike said:

I think the overall condition of the ship was quite good. The maintenance team can be seen around the ship painting , working on different things,  ventilation system , food preparation equipment,  etc. 

They really stay on top of things from what is visible as a passenger in the public areas.

I heard the ship is doing a TA to Barcelona in April of 2024 , at which point it will undergo a 20 day dry dock.

Thank you both for the replies.  Excellent feedback.  Much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maiaaya said:

Thanks for the review! We were on this ship in July and loved it. Going back in January and can’t wait! Who is the current cruise director?

The current cruise director is a young lady named Crystal.

She is fairly new with regard to the position, she brings a lot of enthusiasm her duties and is very approachable for the passengers. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you for the review!  We’ll be sailing her in 9 days.  Is there still twice a day room turndown?

Once it inevitably happens to the non-suites, there will be quite the uproar as half the people will say they're upset while the other half will say stop whining, we don't care about turndown

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Once it inevitably happens to the non-suites, there will be quite the uproar as half the people will say they're upset while the other half will say stop whining, we don't care about turndown

Edited by hasentreelake
wrong thread
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 8:36 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

see you on board!

Hey! See you on the ship! I’ll be the curly head with a couple kids and a big smile! Hope we bump into you 😊

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, horseymike said:

Ashlie Amber did a Whitney Houston tribute one night , Country songs another night.

A comedian , a magician , on different nights.

Elysium , Topper , Life  production shows on three different nights.

There was also a welcome aboard show with the production cast on the first night.

our personal favorite was a female solo violinist who did a high energy violin show with the Celebrity Orchestra.

Oh this is awesome! Thanks so much! It sounds like we’ll have plenty to see and do! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1