What is your favourite thing about a Princess ship?

space27

It used to be Alfredo's pizzerias, when they were free for everyone. The piazzas always feel more special on Princess than regular atriums on other ships, especially with the international cafe--I don't know of any other line that offers round-the-clock coffee and snack variety. Movies under the Stars also makes Princess unique, and although I don't watch the movies and are sick of the daytime concerts by now, I like that it tends to focus people away from staring creepily at whoever's in the main pool and pathetic people hogging deck chairs with their clips and other tricks, so they can spend their vacation doing the creepy, sad staring at others sitting around a pool. Of course, maybe it's actually worse to go on a vacation from spending most of one's home life staring at screens to sit on a Princess ship and stare at at even larger screen, especially if you're watching the same Shania Twain and Michael Buble concert for the eleventh time (on the Shania one I keep hoping that the horse she rides out on will dump or pee all over the stage). 

• Haha 1

My favorite thing is the nostalgic feeling that Princess has as the original "Love Boat" sails out of port blasting the Love boat theme.  Maybe because of the television show, being onboard a princess ship  feels like you are on a vintage cruise from the good old days.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

My favorite thing is the nostalgic feeling that Princess has as the original "Love Boat" sails out of port blasting the Love boat theme.  Maybe because of the television show, being onboard a princess ship  feels like you are on a vintage cruise from the good old days.

We head out on Jan 13th with two fresh new to cruising relatives.  I will get a picture of them when the horn blows! 😂

Also like the Discovery at Sea connection but seems hit or miss sometimes.  Would prefer some more nature, science or history talks! What I love about Alaska cruises but the Caribbean has such a diverse history from pirates, whales and sharks surprised it’s not there.  Seem to be pointing in a different direction now….

• Like 1

I like the walking track. I saw a lot of scenery why walking 7 times around the track to get in 1 mile. I like the mocha early in the morning (like 5 am) at the International Cafe watching the water out the windows.

Mostly I just like being on the water. I guess that is not Princess specific. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

I like the walking track. I saw a lot of scenery why walking 7 times around the track to get in 1 mile. I like the mocha early in the morning (like 5 am) at the International Cafe watching the water out the windows.

Mostly I just like being on the water. I guess that is not Princess specific. 

What ship or class of ship? IMO, the track on Celebritys E class ships can't be beat. 

2 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Sorry. I have only been on one ship Discovery Princess. Sounds like I would like those Celebrity ships.

The tracks on the Celebrity E class ships are very unique. The Celebrity S & M class ship tracks aren't comparable and more like the Princess ship tracks. 

3 hours ago, skents said:

One plus I have not seen listed:

A nice quite spot on deck, in the shade, on a sea day, with a good book.

Like a brainiac who loves technology, was using medallion app to find my wife, who likes a quite spot, in the shade, reading a book.  I was going nuts, walking up and down two levels and never seeing her but I was right “on the spot”.  Then on my last lap before I decided to give up, I heard her giggle.  She had pulled up a lounge chair under the stairs…nice and quiet, in the shade reading her book.  Seen me every time I walked past…never said a thing but the last time I heard that cackle!  I bet half the ship walked by her…

• Haha 3