Two questions: PE to MIA transfer and FLL recommendations

2Long2NxtCrz

First, we arrive on X into Port Everglades. Our flight leaves out of MIA at 11:25am. I currently booked the cruise line's transfer, because it was heavily discounted over Black Friday. But now I'm wondering if we'd be better off just taking an Uber? We like doing self-carry off as it just saves so much time, so that's not an issue. What do you think? It's a Friday morning, so I suspect the traffic will be worse than on the weekend, but I'm not that familiar with the area.

Second, we're staying at an AirBnb in Las Olas, right off Las Olas Blvd, about a mile from the Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale (to give an idea of where we're staying). We won't have a car, so were looking for suggestions for things to do, particularly Sunday. We arrive by 11am on Saturday and our AirBnB has a lovely pool, which I'm assuming we'll use instead of the beach as it's March 9th, so spring break. Bad planning on my part, but it's for my birthday, so we're kind of stuck.

I'm hoping that the host at the AirBnB will let us drop our luggage off early since check-in isn't normally until 3pm. But that leaves us with a few hours.

I'd also love a suggestion for where to dine on Sunday night, which is my actual birthday. Thanks so much for your help!

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Celebrity sold you a transfer for that early a flight? I would take it...they are sort of guaranteeing you will make that flight. It is doable, but going to require moving with a purpose.

Well, to be fair, they sold us that transfer when our flight left at 1:40pm, but with flight changes, we're now leaving nearly two hours earlier. Since you reminded me of that, I thought I'd check and it did say "for flights after noon". So we miss that cutoff.

So, Uber, then? Or are there taxis already waiting? As long as we do self-carry, we're always off very quickly. But I hadn't realized about it being Friday. I don't think I can get AA to move us again, but 11:30am seems doable if we do it ourselves.

Regarding things to do on/near Las Olas:

Catch the water taxi (www.water taxi.com) at the Riverside Hotel stop.

Ride the free LauderdaleGo community shuttle to the beach (lots of restaurants and bars in addition to the beach).

Take the CarrieB (www.Carriebcruises) to see all the mansions and yachts along the New River and the Intracoastal Waterway.

The museum area is also along Las Olas.

Check out the official Fort Lauderdale tourism website for more information (www.visitLauderdale.com)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

Regarding things to do on/near Las Olas:

Catch the water taxi (www.water taxi.com) at the Riverside Hotel stop.

Ride the free LauderdaleGo community shuttle to the beach (lots of restaurants and bars in addition to the beach).

Take the CarrieB (www.Carriebcruises) to see all the mansions and yachts along the New River and the Intracoastal Waterway.

The museum area is also along Las Olas.

Check out the official Fort Lauderdale tourism website for more information (www.visitLauderdale.com)

Thank you! We did the CarrieB before and loved it. But we haven't done the water taxi. I also didn't know there was a free shuttle.

All very good information!