Are taxis readily available on Bora Bora? Matira Beach?

YoPhilly

We're lucky enough to spend 2 nights at Bora Bora next month.  I've dreamed of swimming in that gorgeous lagoon water for decades, and I'm finally getting there.  On Day 1, we're taking the ship's excursion to a motu.  Day 2, we're planning to go to Matira Beach for most of the day....is it possible to get a taxi back and forth from the tender dock?  We'd rather not hassle with rental car.  Also, are there beach chairs rentals at Matira?  Thanks.

P.S. If you are going to mention snorkeling, let me elaborate.  I had booked a snorkel trip for Day 2, but my husband doesn't like to snorkel and can't spend hours in the sun....he'll head straight for shade on the beach.  I don't want him to be uncomfortable, plus I've done enough snorkeling in my life, so I'm canceling the tour.  All I ever wanted to do is swim in that water for hours - and I'll have my snorkel with me in case there's anything interesting from shore.  If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them. 😄

16 hours ago, oakridger said:

Many excursions to a motu include a snorkeling stop. (and to see rays and reef tip sharks) Does yours? 

I am interested in the taxi answers also, so I'll be watching to see the answer.

~Nancy

Our ship excursion to a motu doesn't include a snorkeling stop.

The excursion I'm canceling does include rays and sharks but does not visit a motu.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Taxi are available from the marina ... pre-schedule a pickup at Matira with the driver who takes you over to the beach. There is also the IC Moana across the street from the beach ... I'm sure you could go over there and ask the desk to request a taxi 😉

This is so helpful.....thanks!