Shareholders obc 6/24

geovet

I have my shareholder OBC for my cruise at the end of next July already posted in my account for that cruise. I did my cruise this past October, my New Year’s cruise and next summer’s all at the same time in August. So like St. Greg said no reason to wait and do it now.

1 hour ago, geovet said:

Thanks

i just sent a request for my 9/24 and 1/25 also. Se what happens!

Worth a try. May depend on who processes it. I’ve had them approve mine beyond the current approval date sometimes. For 2024 I sent all of mine in when they approved it through July or whatever. They approved all of them except my August one. It was too early. But I like to do a bunch at once instead of waiting.

The board votes to extend the benefit each year, sometime in the spring.  You can apply for benefits as far in advance as you want, long as the sailings are within the currently approved time frame. 

The benefit is currently applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024.   You can apply now for all sailings through that date.   You will have to wait until after the next year's approval vote for sailings after that date.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

I downloaded the app last Sunday. I blanked out all of my holdings and account number, leaving only the Carnival shares. I left my name on it as well as the date of my Monthly statement. I took a photograph of it using the app and on Wednesday I got the Verification from Stockperks and then submitted my cruise info Wednesday and on Friday I got my $100 OBC.

Overall it was easy to do.  If I did midweek I believe they would process my verification quicker. Why, I think most people do it on weekends and they were overly busy.   By mid-week they are probably not as buried with request.  At least that’s my guess.
Edited by CruiseHealing
  • Like 1

so after July 2024 one can't get the shareholder benefit?  Does that mean just too early...or is Carnival discontinuing the benefit? We're on the Mardi Gras in October.  I "THINK' we got the benefit for our Jan. 2024 Pride cruise...I say think, cause it's like pulling teeth finding out exactly if we got it or not.  Nothing directly says...but we do see we have extra OBC overall.  Not impressed Carnival.  So far anyway.  

1 hour ago, LinRon3 said:

so after July 2024 one can't get the shareholder benefit?  Does that mean just too early...or is Carnival discontinuing the benefit? We're on the Mardi Gras in October.  I "THINK' we got the benefit for our Jan. 2024 Pride cruise...I say think, cause it's like pulling teeth finding out exactly if we got it or not.  Nothing directly says...but we do see we have extra OBC overall.  Not impressed Carnival.  So far anyway.  

It's too early. You can only get approval for cruises that fall in the approved term; it gets voted on each year and once approved, you can submit for the next years' 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Usually Carnival will send you an email confirming your OBC. The benefit will more than likely be renewed in spring for Cruises beginning after July 31st of 2024. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

All you need to do is go back and read the second paragraph of post #8 and you would know that the current time limit is July 31, 2024.  Cruises after this date have not yet been approved.

14 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

It's too early. You can only get approval for cruises that fall in the approved term; it gets voted on each year and once approved, you can submit for the next years' 

Thanks.  This is the info we needed [we assumed something like that].  Annual approval we haven't heard of before for RCI and Celebrity or NCLH [just on going].  Ha, with all the 'value' we've lost on Carnival since the Pandemic, I'd think they'd want to keep the motives for ownership 'alive'.  Hoping they can pay off all that debt and get back to pre pandemic.  I'm not selling...yet; mainly because of that shareholder benefit [just sayin'].  Yes Carnival...it's big incentive to own [well, at least 100 shares ha].  

• Like 1