Milkshakes!

overlake7

Just now, hrhdhd said:

I had a vanilla one on NS a couple of days ago and it had a strange taste. I might try a chocolate one.

Keep trying until they taste right. We're adding liquor to ours to sanitize them in case there are germs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

I had one on the Eurodam last month, chocolate, it tasted like Nestlé quick. 

Mine (chocolate) was white and the server tried to tell me it was chocolate. I told her it was vanilla and she came back with a cup of chocolate sauce so I could add "more". 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I think we will stick with the straight gelato. Not covered by beverage package, but no Quik flavors yet!

And a bargain - recent cruise on NS, 2 scoops (smallest they would do) cost me $2.36 and $2.60. No idea why the difference, but for $2.50ish, I thought gelato was a tasty bargain. Oh, I'm talking straight up gelato, not the shakes, oops.🫣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

And a bargain - recent cruise on NS, 2 scoops (smallest they would do) cost me $2.36 and $2.60. No idea why the difference, but for $2.50ish, I thought gelato was a tasty bargain. Oh, I'm talking straight up gelato, not the shakes, oops.🫣

The one (and only)  unqualified thumbs up I can give Pinnacle class ships - the Gelato Bar was superb, and the costs minimal compared to what this quality costs elsewhere. Wish that same quality product was available on other HAL ships.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 2:39 AM, POA1 said:

Keep trying until they taste right. We're adding liquor to ours to sanitize them in case there are germs.

A couple of shots of Baileys in a chocolate or vanilla shake would be good. 

• Like 1

I give credit where credit is due, but they don't have the milkshake thing down. Sorry, but I previously came from the dairy state and anything less than premium ice cream and whole milk doesn't cut it. I got one and could not drink it...tasted like fake syrup or powder. Yuk.

I don't understand how a milkshake could be so hard. When I was a child (in the 60s) any number of places made milkshakes and for the most part the multimixer was operated by teenagers scooping hard ice cream into a metal cup, adding syrup and milk a mixing it up. The thick luscious mixture was was poured in a glass, topped with whipped cream and a cherry. the extra in the metal mixer can came on the side. Milkshakes are not rocket science, the key is lots of ice cream and just enough milk to get it to mix. If booze is to be added it should be while it is being made. Make it a feature by the Lido bar, "The Milkshake Shack" complete with vintage Hamilton Beach of Multimixer machines and the metal mixing cups.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I think you're on to something. Or maybe just "The Shake Shack".

I used "Milkshake" on purpose, a "shake" is something dispensed from a machine, sometimes green, from a purveyor of so called food products famous for arches.😉

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I used "Milkshake" on purpose, a "shake" is something dispensed from a machine, sometimes green, from a purveyor of so called food products famous for arches.😉

But they're lactose-free because they contain no diary products. 😂

• Haha 1