Age groups on P&O ships

sjp1974

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

The cheapest bottle of wine on Cunard is $34 which is £26 plus 15% service Charge!!    

When did you last cruise on Cunard, or have you ever cruised on Cunard. We came off QV on 6th Dec and we were paying less than that for red wine and white wine is usually slightly cheaper. I am afraid where you get your info from is incorrect.

Edited by majortom10

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

It may be but to be fair I would rather pay a bit more for a wine I enjoyed rather than drink one because it is cheap.

It isn't correct I can vouch for that from a cruise only 10 days ago. Unfortunately hearsay and "somebody told me" or "I have heard" is usually wrong.

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

The question probably should be when did P&O offer, if ever, a 50 page wine list?  I notice the Indian wines still on the Cunard list including one I had the pleasure of trying in the Glass House on Britannia in 2021.  Unfortunately come 2022 and the much reduced offerings even there it was sadly no longer available.  Even if I do not want to pay for it personally I welcome the vast choice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The question probably should be when did P&O offer, if ever, a 50 page wine list?  I notice the Indian wines still on the Cunard list including one I had the pleasure of trying in the Glass House on Britannia in 2021.  Unfortunately come 2022 and the much reduced offerings even there it was sadly no longer available.  Even if I do not want to pay for it personally I welcome the vast choice.

When did any cruise lines offer a 50 page list. I guess Cunard maybe the only ones with a significant amount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

When did any cruise lines offer a 50 page list. I guess Cunard maybe the only ones with a significant amount.

It was a genuine question.  I'm a fairly new arrival to P&O compared with many on here, only since 2009.  All my cruises prior to that were on Cunard so I've always taken the wine list as the norm so to speak.  I had thought that prior to the "modern" P&O perhaps they too had wine lists like the one posted.  

We sail on Celebrity next week and they claim in their blurb 300 wines although I've not seen the list as we aren't that into wine and on this occasion have the benefit of a free drinks package so will be drinking by the glass. It will be interesting.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't forget there is the gratuity surcharge, which is 18 or 20%.

Incorrect there is a service charge of 15% service charge on all drinks not 18% or 20% so you are wrong. Was on Cunard earlier this month and was purchasing bottles of red wine in the restaurant at a price lower than has been previously stated of $34 and that included the 15% service charge. Amazed how many people have opinions of prices etc on Cunard and have never set foot on a Cunard cruise and get it completely wrong with regards to prices and % service charge.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Incorrect there is a service charge of 15% service charge on all drinks not 18% or 20% so you are wrong. Was on Cunard earlier this month and was purchasing bottles of red wine in the restaurant at a price lower than has been previously stated of $34 and that included the 15% service charge. Amazed how many people have opinions of prices etc on Cunard and have never set foot on a Cunard cruise and get it completely wrong with regards to prices and % service charge.

The bin ends are always good value too.  We have had some superb wines that way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

How do you find out about those? Are they on the wine list or a separate leaflet? 

There's usually a list in the main menu but I always ask the sommelier and he/she produces tye correct page.  Generally they are at the back, never had a cruise on Cunard where there hasn't been any.

• Thanks 1