Wi-Fi Question

trurocruiser

1 hour ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

BAD advice.  ALWAYS log out or you will use up all of your minute quickly.

nope. the advice was absolutely correct... and could actually save minutes ,not waste them..

the OP asked about switching from one device to another. and the advice given was correct.

if you are switching from one device to another, there is no need to log out of the first device. the second device will recognize you and ask if you want to log out of the first device. say yes and you'll be automagically logged into the second device and no longer connected to the first device. and, since NCL does not give credit for partially used minutes and charges you the full minute, signing in and out in this manner could actually save minutes, if your login occurs at just the right time.

once you're done using the internet, you should absolutely sign out, yes. 

but that's a different issue than what was being discussed above.

• Like 3

This is what we do to save $$ on our cell phone bill & use the WiFi on 2 different devices; since DW & I each have WiFi minutes (we do NOT upgrade to unlimited) we use ONE cell phone (mine) to connect to WiFi using MY minutes.  We turn her cell off completely ( we tell the kids to call us on MY phone in an emergency) & just use mine.  We connect the iPad to HER WiFi minutes.  This way we don't have to switch devices.

Just a suggestion.  Have a great cruise!

On 12/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, hallux said:

Yup - it's one device at a time.  Unlike some other cruise lines that flag your account to a particular device and ONLY that device can log in (I think I've read this somewhere, I don't recall which line it was).

MSC is the only line I can think of that does this.  

• Thanks 2