Price drops before final payment? and wave season good deals?

latebuyer

What happens if the price drops before final payment? Would princess give you the drop? Would you get the obc if its offered? What about after final payment? Sorry i’m new to princess. People talk about the wave season jan and feb having deals too and i don’t know if thats true.

53 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

What happens if the price drops before final payment? Would princess give you the drop? Would you get the obc if its offered?

It never hurts to ask for a re-fare.  Some promotions are for new bookings only, which would entail cancelling and starting a new booking.  You have to read the terms of the promotion; sometimes a promotion will have OBC but will charge a higher fare.  

55 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

What about after final payment?

Out of luck.  I've read on here some have had success in asking for an upgrade to a higher category that's Drop 'n Go fare is in the ballpark of the original fare paid.  Never tried myself.

22 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Does anyone know for the cabin upgrades if you are able to go from mid aft inside to mid inside? I'm a bit confused how this upgrading works and my cruise consultant is awol.

If the price is the same. If not, you pay the difference.

Edited by startedwithamouse

5 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. Then i'm confused what the point is of these supposed room upgrades. I thought you were able to save money.

If you are sailing before final payment is made, and the cost is the same going from mid aft to middle, then that's an upgrade, as they are usually more money. 

In the past, once final payment had been made, and sales like this came up, Princess would usually be able to move you to a better cabin. This hasn't been the case in the last year or so. 

On 12/17/2023 at 10:25 PM, latebuyer said:

What happens if the price drops before final payment? Would princess give you the drop? Would you get the obc if its offered? What about after final payment? Sorry i’m new to princess. People talk about the wave season jan and feb having deals too and i don’t know if thats true.

I use a T/A & they have honored any fare reduction. That’s why I’m always checking the fare plus someone usually in the thread for my cruise will post something. 

Tom😀

6 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Does anyone know for the cabin upgrades if you are able to go from mid aft inside to mid inside? I'm a bit confused how this upgrading works and my cruise consultant is awol.

I went from mid-forward to mid-ship on the most recent sale (upgrade cabin within same category), but I did have to cancel and re-book, because I was told the new sale was for new bookings only.

I have never found a good deal during "Wave Season" and I have been cruising since 1986. Shoulder season and reposition cruises are where you find the deals. I just booked an 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise for May 2024. This is shoulder season and it's a reposition cruise. Shoulder season is the time just after a peak season ends and just before a peak season starts.  May is after spring break and just before school is out for the summer.