Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Did yall see the equator? I almost missed seeing it as it was so dark!😂

So does the water in the drain go counter-clockwise now? 😄 I swear, I used to believe that one.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

So does the water in the drain go counter-clockwise now? 😄 I swear, I used to believe that one.

Well with the vacuum   it’s hard to tell but I think when we were in Oz in the 1990s it did🤔

https://www.livescience.com/34225-does-water-in-a-drain-go-a-different-direction-in-the-southern-hemisphere.html

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

LCR today at 3:30 Pool Bar

IMG_9833.jpeg

Clay I’ve just learned online how to play this game, I’m in on our SA crossing next year 👍

p.s. the guy spelt centre as ‘center’, how strange 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shipboy said:

Clay I’ve just learned online how to play this game, I’m in on our SA crossing next year 👍

p.s. the guy spelt centre as ‘center’, how strange 😀

Great! See you in a year. 🤞

he must be from ‘merica like me😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Straycat444 said:

Hi, just found this forum.  We will join you in Sydney and cannot wait!  We went to Atlanta today and got some of our shots.  

Safe travels-see you in a few weeks!

I hope those of you who are frustrated about not being able to use the pool deck due to the oppressive heat will join us in expressing this concern to Sky’s management.  

We have sailed several times before and while they were not able to open the roof in high winds while underway they certainly could do so when the weather was as it has been since we left Hawai’i. 

I hate not being able to even walk through the space without breaking into a sweat. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I hope those of you who are frustrated about not being able to use the pool deck due to the oppressive heat will join us in expressing this concern to Sky’s management.  

We have sailed several times before and while they were not able to open the roof in high winds while underway they certainly could do so when the weather was as it has been since we left Hawai’i. 

I hate not being able to even walk through the space without breaking into a sweat. 

On our West Indies/Amazon cruise last year we avoided walking through it for the same reason.  We never ate at the Pool Grill because it was so hot.

• Like 1

I don't get it either.  Same on Neptune.  I have not seen it open yet.  Might have been and I just missed it.  On previous world cruises it opened and closed all the time as needed and lots of events on the pool deck.  Crossing the line this afternoon so will be very hot if not opened.

• Like 1

Clay - are those circular vents surrounding the interior pool just for ventilation, or can they turn on the AC to cool down the area?

BTW it will be 9 in Arden, NC and 17 in Durham, NC Sunday morning! 

Just now, Jim Avery said:

I don't get it either.  Same on Neptune.  I have not seen it open yet.  Might have been and I just missed it.  On previous world cruises it opened and closed all the time as needed and lots of events on the pool deck.  Crossing the line this afternoon so will be very hot if not opened.

They opened it midway through the crossing ceremony….to loud cheers but it’s been closed ever sense and each day it gets hotter and hotter. 

31 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

They opened it midway through the crossing ceremony….to loud cheers but it’s been closed ever sense and each day it gets hotter and hotter. 

Can’t they open the side windows? They did that on Jupiter

Just now, shipboy said:

Can’t they open the side windows? They did that on Jupiter

No side windows on the older ships. 😢. They were one of the tweaks made to the newer ships and work great!

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy Tahiti!

Saw your pix on Twitter and it brought back wonderful memories of our Feb. '20 cruise right before the world shut down. It's truly a magical place - the locals are awesome people.

Fun but wet day in Bora Bora!  We enjoyed the included boat cruise and had planned on going to the beach afterwards, but about halfway through the cruise the occasional sprinkle turned to rain and by the time we got to the dock it was a deluge. So after a walk through town, we headed back and got to the World Cafe just as they were lowering the blinds. But had lunch and then came back and hung our wet clothes and I worked on our boat entry. 

Will have to put this on the “come-back” list. The people seemed so friendly and would love to see more than the lagoon and the wet “downtown”. 

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 4

Yes, BoraBora would be a come back for us too, except we won’t be able too, I don’t imagine.  We had a wonderful glass bottom boat excursion, and then the included one where we danced with rays!  Beware, we had four bad storms/ sea days on our WC, the second most intense the night after leaving BoraBora!  Waves hitting he explorers lounge on deck 7!  

IMG_3205.thumb.jpeg.3462ca146cb7a48a5ada9841a45691ce.jpeg

IMG_3206.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 4

TV question for someone onboard: would it be possible to connect a HDMI cable to the TV and switch inputs? Would mean an accessible HDMI port on the TV itself, and the option to change the source on the TV remote.

Asking because somewhere on either on the roll calls or blogs someone wrote that there are no American Football games, and my wife loves to watch those. Not sure it's feasible given bandwidth limitations but we have been able to stream from our iPads to the TV sometimes when she's paid for a NFL app subscription. Also it would be a way to watch things we download prior to coming onboard or show things to people on the big screen. Not a big deal for us, just wondering if it's possible.

18 minutes ago, DogSaysStayHome said:

TV question for someone onboard: would it be possible to connect a HDMI cable to the TV and switch inputs? Would mean an accessible HDMI port on the TV itself, and the option to change the source on the TV remote.

Asking because somewhere on either on the roll calls or blogs someone wrote that there are no American Football games, and my wife loves to watch those. Not sure it's feasible given bandwidth limitations but we have been able to stream from our iPads to the TV sometimes when she's paid for a NFL app subscription. Also it would be a way to watch things we download prior to coming onboard or show things to people on the big screen. Not a big deal for us, just wondering if it's possible.

The TV's don't have any accessible ports to connect an external device. Regardless, Viking request that you don't stream programming, as it uses too much bandwidth.

They did show some of the US type football on our World Cruise, I recall reading they had the cup semi-finals and cup final showing in the Star Theatre.

7 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

The TV's don't have any accessible ports to connect an external device. Regardless, Viking request that you don't stream programming, as it uses too much bandwidth.

They did show some of the US type football on our World Cruise, I recall reading they had the cup semi-finals and cup final showing in the Star Theatre.

Thanks for the information. Kinda figured this might be the case regarding the accessible ports. Many hotels TV's can be used with external inputs, but I can understand not having that onboard. She might consider streaming the audio-only which is low bandwidth. 

• Like 1