Visions of Sugarplums - Live from Vision of Seas 12/22/23 to 12/30/23

Rubyfisch

I went to the Captain's Corner. I haven't been to one before, but I really enjoyed it.

Although a surprisingly large number of the questions were either about how the toilets work (which they repeatedly explained) or how much longer they are going to keep the Vision class ships in the fleet (which they repeatedly did not answer).

PXL_20231229_150308521.thumb.jpg.aa6b6458694aaa60c3f9d1daef235f47.jpg

• Like 2

Love the flag parade. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇵🇹

I haven't seen one for a long time. I think the last one might have been on Serenade back in 2017.

And we always enjoy Captain's Corner. Sometimes some very interesting questions are asked and there's always someone with a long, convoluted question that you know they're asking just to show off their own knowledge of whatever they're "asking" about. 😂

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Love the flag parade. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇵🇹

I haven't seen one for a long time. I think the last one might have been on Serenade back in 2017.

And we always enjoy Captain's Corner. Sometimes some very interesting questions are asked and there's always someone with a long, convoluted question that you know they're asking just to show off their own knowledge of whatever they're "asking" about. 😂

And the ones that think they speak for everyone onboard.  On Jewel in Oct/Nov, a woman actually asked after Halloween when the decorations were coming down because no one liked them and they needed to go.  She basically got shouted down by everyone else in the room telling her that no one but her had an issue lol.  The second leg of our b2b started on Oct 30 so they had decided to make it a Halloween cruise which meant the decor stayed up the entire cruise.  

• Like 3

I'm headed to Alexandria, VA, and I had originally booked an 8:40 train, but I was kind of stressing out about making it (and the cab situation is kind of sketchy at the port). I noticed that Royal was doing a shuttle to BWI, where there is an Amtrak station, so I did that. Disembarking was smooth and I'm in the shuttle now. I should easily make the 10:34 Acela to DC, and I'll grab a cab at Union Station.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I'm headed to Alexandria, VA, and I had originally booked an 8:40 train, but I was kind of stressing out about making it (and the cab situation is kind of sketchy at the port). I noticed that Royal was doing a shuttle to BWI, where there is an Amtrak station, so I did that. Disembarking was smooth and I'm in the shuttle now. I should easily make the 10:34 Acela to DC, and I'll grab a cab at Union Station.

Do you know if we would need to pre-book the shuttle to BWI?  Our flight isn’t until noon.  Thanks. 

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Do you know if we would need to pre-book the shuttle to BWI?  Our flight isn’t until noon.  Thanks. 

I booked it on the evening of day 7. I could have booked it earlier, but hadn't really thought about it before. It's probably cheaper for more than person to take a cab.

• Thanks 1