UDP, no longer multiple specialty rest in one night

danoconnl

Not that I've ever made it to multiple restaurants in one night, but there was the option.  Saw somewhere else and looking at the verbiage being used, it looks like it's one rest a night.

Anyone know if it's now one per night? 

Dan

I looked at the UDP for an up coming Wonder cruise Jan 2024.  The rules look the same on my recent one.  For restaurants with ala carte pricing, UDP guests may only use the credit once per day.  So, I could only use my UDP at Playmakers once per day. I did not see a rule that would stop one from going to Chops for lunch and, Izumi for sushi, then Wonderland for dinner the Playmakers for late night snack…I could not do it, but I don’t see a rule prohibiting it.

Does someone else see different rules on a different cruise?

Edited by Starry Eyes

18 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I looked at the UDP for an up coming Wonder cruise Jan 2024.  The rules look the same on my recent one.  For restaurants with ala carte pricing, UDP guests may only use the credit once per day.  So, I could only use my UDP at Playmakers once per day. I did not see a rule that would stop one from going to Chops for lunch and, Izumi for sushi, then Wonderland for dinner the Playmakers for late night snack…I could not do it, but I don’t see a rule prohibiting it.

Does someone else see different rules on a different cruise?

I believe using credit toward ala carte restaurants means once per day at any restaurants where you are given a $credit toward a meal. UDP focuses on dinner at specialty restaurants like Chops, Wonderand. 150 Central, Mason Jar, Hooked, Giovanni's.  On sea days you can also use UDP at lunch if any of those restaurants are open for lunch.

We've eaten brunch at Mason Jar and then dinner same day at Chops or 150, with only charge being for drinks with UDP. Anbd we've used credit at Playmakers with the credit and dinner at Wonderland;same thing, charges only for drinks and a bit of above credit at Playmakers. 

The Unlimited Dining Package allows guests to enjoy multiple specialty restaurants* every nights of their sailing for one low price. Guests will also be able to enjoy lunch at specialty dining restaurants on sea days. 

Beverages are not included, but guests can enjoy 40% off bottles of wine under $100, and 20% off bottles over $100.

Chef’s Table and culinary activities are excluded. 

The FAQ says this. But this unique wording is up for interpretation. Multiple plurals really mixes up one's minds.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

earlier this month, we had no problem going to multiple in one night on wonder. went to hooked for an early dinner, then to wonderland for a snack and dessert a few hours later after a show. and from mason jar for dinner down to playmakers for dessert...

2 dinners, a snack, and 2 desserts - in one night.  We're doomed.

• Like 1

I have used the UDP for lunch in a specialty restaurant, and then dinner in another restaurant in the same day. The a la carte restaurants are where the UDP is limited, where you are given an "allowance" toward the food.

• Like 1