Haven Bid Question

CindyS9163

$2500 for the Owners Suite. However the amount you bid is almost irrelevant. They will let you bid on rooms that aren’t even available plus they can reject all bids, even the highest, if they think they can sell them for more some other day. It’s pure dumb luck these days if you win or not. Ships are sailing at over 100% capacity 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CindyS9163 said:

What is the most you have bid for a Haven cabin and not received the upgrade ?

Very relative issue before that could be answered.

Possible pricing will vary dramatically based on # of days, ship, season and destination.

8 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

$2500 for the Owners Suite. However the amount you bid is almost irrelevant. They will let you bid on rooms that aren’t even available plus they can reject all bids, even the highest, if they think they can sell them for more some other day. It’s pure dumb luck these days if you win or not. Ships are sailing at over 100% capacity 

That's very true.  I sailed Encore when she was new and sold out.  We had a 2 bedroom suite.  The only other upgrade would have been an owners suite which were sold out a year before sailing.  However I kept getting upgrade offers. I kept asking myself....upgrade to where?   I suppose if someone does cancel at the last minute they will have people to sell that suite too.  But with only 2 Owners suites on board, it would unlikely.  I am sure with so many bids many of the suites sell over what an online price would have been just 6 months before the cruise.  IMHO its a waste of an effort. If I want a Haven cabin, I book it originally and don't spend time hoping I can get one with an upgrade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

That's very true.  I sailed Encore when she was new and sold out.  We had a 2 bedroom suite.  The only other upgrade would have been an owners suite which were sold out a year before sailing.  However I kept getting upgrade offers. I kept asking myself....upgrade to where?   I suppose if someone does cancel at the last minute they will have people to sell that suite too.  But with only 2 Owners suites on board, it would unlikely.  I am sure with so many bids many of the suites sell over what an online price would have been just 6 months before the cruise.  IMHO its a waste of an effort. If I want a Haven cabin, I book it originally and don't spend time hoping I can get one with an upgrade.

We are now doing the same . Right after the restart we won a haven bid from balcony for about $2200 total which saved us thousands off booking price. Since then we are now going in our 4th cruise in the Haven and simply purchase it now. This go around it’s the 2 bedroom haven suite in the Escape 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CindyS9163 said:

What is the most you have bid for a Haven cabin and not received the upgrade ?

On many cruises, the Haven is sold out pre-cruise. On big ships, there are over 1000 staterooms that could bid based upon eligibility. 

So,,, you are bidding hoping that some cancels a few days prior to departure due to some emergent problem. 

The probability of winning a Haven bid is very very very very small. Like near zero. So a max bid in every category does not guarantee a win. In fact, depending on the room you have booked, the min/max is different. For example, if I have a balcony and bidding on an owners suite, my min/max bid may be $1000/$3000. If I have a 2BR Haven booked, my min/max bid may be $150/$750. 

• Like 1