MITSUGIRLY's ENCORE pictorial and extensive REVIEW

mitsugirly

On 1/11/2024 at 8:32 PM, CAC104 said:

Everything is so different than when I started cruising.  All the food was included and drinks were really inexpensive.   Room service was free and chocolates were on your pillow at night.

It's very different from the first few cruises I took back in the 80's as well. All the assigned dining and food in between meals consisted of hot dogs and hamburgers as a choice. 

18 hours ago, CAC104 said:

I really enjoyed reading this latest cruise review, it did not disappoint.  And, thank you for sending me the e mail with the info you had this review out on CC.

Aww thanks so much and no problem. Glad you found it. 

So happy to read about your adventures, Kim.

As always, one the BEST reviewers, BEST pictures, BEST descriptions.... and a  lovely family.🥰

I miss Kendra! And OMG Sakari is a young woman! I have loved following her journey since when she was just a little kiddo.

• Like 3

Hi, really enjoyed your review of your cruise, all the pictures and your adventures. We will be on the Encore in Oct for 21 days. in a balcony cabin. Can you please tell me if there are any drawers in the cabin to put your clothes in. This might seem to be a strange question but I have seen some youtube videos of a balcony cabin and didn't see any, only a few shelves and the closet.

Thanks so much

On 1/17/2024 at 9:25 AM, Arzeena said:

So happy to read about your adventures, Kim.

As always, one the BEST reviewers, BEST pictures, BEST descriptions.... and a  lovely family.🥰

I miss Kendra! And OMG Sakari is a young woman! I have loved following her journey since when she was just a little kiddo.

Awww shucks! Thanks so much! I appreciate it.  I told Kendra the other night "Everyone on Cruise Critic and my website saying they want Kendra to get back on a cruise"....her reply was "I want Kendra back on a cruise"  🤣  Spoken in true Kendra fashion!

Yep, Sakari has grown up. YIKES! 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 9:33 PM, Treasure said:

Hi, really enjoyed your review of your cruise, all the pictures and your adventures. We will be on the Encore in Oct for 21 days. in a balcony cabin. Can you please tell me if there are any drawers in the cabin to put your clothes in. This might seem to be a strange question but I have seen some youtube videos of a balcony cabin and didn't see any, only a few shelves and the closet.

Thanks so much

No drawers, just cabinets with shelves both in the closet and also on the end of the dresser table with the mirror. Also a space in the bedside night stands. 

19 hours ago, Treasure said:

Thank you! Going to miss the drawers but we will manage, after all we are on vacation!!😃

You are welcome and enjoy your vacation!

5 hours ago, Sadebud said:

@mitsugirly another GREAT review.  Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation with us.  I can't believe how big Sakari is now!!  Makes me feel old!  🙂 

Aww, thanks so much! I know, she's as big as me now. I really feel old. 

3 hours ago, mktmzm said:

Great Review!

Thanks!

Hi Kim just finished reading your review in one day! Had followed you years ago on CCL forum and was afraid you had stopped cruising and/or reviewing! I remember Sakari  in her mermaid tails and doing things at a young age that amazed all of us. Happy you’re still

around and Kendra and family are doing well. Enjoy planning your next adventure! 👍👏

As always, great review Kim!  Thanks for taking the time to do it. 

One question...in the Dominican Republic, I noticed that Sakari had her glasses on after you all started hiking and were away from the locker area.  What did she do with them while jumping and sliding?  DH wears glasses too, and we want to do the falls when we're back in the DR.  The one time we had it booked, we couldn't port due to winds.

On 1/26/2024 at 7:24 AM, Crusin Karen said:

Hi Kim just finished reading your review in one day! Had followed you years ago on CCL forum and was afraid you had stopped cruising and/or reviewing! I remember Sakari  in her mermaid tails and doing things at a young age that amazed all of us. Happy you’re still

around and Kendra and family are doing well. Enjoy planning your next adventure! 👍👏

Wow, you have dedication to read it all in 1 day. 😄  Nope, we just stopped during the pandemic and started doing land vacations instead. Our next vacation...coming right up in 62 days to the Mexican Riviera. 🙃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Happy0810 said:

As always, great review Kim!  Thanks for taking the time to do it. 

One question...in the Dominican Republic, I noticed that Sakari had her glasses on after you all started hiking and were away from the locker area.  What did she do with them while jumping and sliding?  DH wears glasses too, and we want to do the falls when we're back in the DR.  The one time we had it booked, we couldn't port due to winds.

Hi and thanks!!!  

Yes, Sakari wore her glasses for hiking and then the tour guides took them and put them in their containers while she slid and jumped in the falls, then they gave them back when she needed them. No worries! (I really wish she'd learn to wear her contacts...she has yet to be able to get them in lol)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Wow, you have dedication to read it all in 1 day. 😄  Nope, we just stopped during the pandemic and started doing land vacations instead. Our next vacation...coming right up in 62 days to the Mexican Riviera. 🙃

Yea, just read you are going on panorama! 👏Welcome back to carnival!  Did 2 Mexican rivieras years ago but it was the old awful itin of Acapulco, zuitanajo (sp?!) and Ensenada. Yours is 👍👍Enjoy your planning! 

7 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Yea, just read you are going on panorama! 👏Welcome back to carnival!  Did 2 Mexican rivieras years ago but it was the old awful itin of Acapulco, zuitanajo (sp?!) and Ensenada. Yours is 👍👍Enjoy your planning! 

Thanks! I can't wait and wouldn't even mind doing the itinerary you mentioned as well. Any place new would be awesome at this point. 😄 

On 1/28/2024 at 5:05 PM, carolinagalcruise2011 said:

I just finished your review! It has been awhile & I cannot believe how much Sakari has grown! I’m looking into a cruise to Alaska myself in the next couple years so hopefully I will get to read a review if you guys decide to do a cruise there!🤗

I know right? She's almost the same height as me now!

Yep, we are planning to try to book one for this summer. I really want to experience Alaska! Maybe there will be a review before you go after all. 🙂 

Kim, great review!  I enjoy seeing your travels with your family.  When you were in the lazy river at the port in the Dominican Republic, was there any place to store bags?

On 1/31/2024 at 1:31 PM, pal1 said:

Kim, great review!  I enjoy seeing your travels with your family.  When you were in the lazy river at the port in the Dominican Republic, was there any place to store bags?

Hi and thanks!

I'm not sure if they have any lockers or not. We just left them by our chairs we claimed and didn't have any issues. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

wow fabulous review. I loved it. Sorry if this was already answered.... I noticed you did the waterfalls with a tour group. Do you know if it's possible to taxi there and do it without a tour group?  Any advice on pros/cons of this. We don't want to book through royal caribbean if we don't have to.  thanks in advance.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:32 AM, mitsugirly said:

I know right? She's almost the same height as me now!

Yep, we are planning to try to book one for this summer. I really want to experience Alaska! Maybe there will be a review before you go after all. 🙂 

I have only been on Caribbean cruises with NCL (4 total) and loved reading your reviews in the past.  Today I was researching for our first Alaskin cruise on Encore and low and behold found this review from you. Thanks once again for the great review. Hubby and I are very excited to cruise on Encore next year 🙂   

Well, Im late to the party here but great review as usual!

We were in Tortola in March. We went to Cane Garden Bay for the day. I could not BELIEVE those narrow STEEP roads! Our taxi (van) actually was spinning wheels going around a hairpin corner and up a steep incline at the same time.

We also went to St Thomas and our usual go to is Coki. We were actually seated right near the dive centers stand and watched Trisket working with a very obvious brand new diver. He was struggling even just putting in his face with the regulator on etc but just like you said, Trisket was so calm, patient and good with him. It took awhile but eventually he made it underwater! I am a snorkeler, not diver but did have a stingray swim right by my feet in about 2' of water there!

On 4/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, AandBmom said:

wow fabulous review. I loved it. Sorry if this was already answered.... I noticed you did the waterfalls with a tour group. Do you know if it's possible to taxi there and do it without a tour group?  Any advice on pros/cons of this. We don't want to book through royal caribbean if we don't have to.  thanks in advance.

I'm honestly not sure, but probably so. However, you have to have a tour guide AT the falls (or be with a group). We booked a private tour and still ended up with a group that was from the cruise ship (it was cheaper). You definitely don't have to book with the cruise line. Go with a private well known vendor.