Price Drop/OBC,Refund,or FCC???

CulverCityCruisers

If it is outside the120 days they will almost always adjust the price. If you are between the 120 and 90 day period we have had them give onboard credit or adjust the price. One cruise we had almost $2000 of non refundable OBC. We hit a storm, were not able to reach any of the ports and did not want a massage while the ship was rocking. We essentially ended up buying a lot of stuff in the gift shop and drinks for most of the passengers.

• Haha 1

I had a similar price drop due to a sale last December on a 23-day cruise collector shortly before final payment Windstar was going to reduce my fare to the new amount. But I asked my TA to check on the price if I upgraded to a balcony. It was still less than my original fare. So, I got an upgrade and a fare reduction.

I was pretty happy about it, especially since I was solo on that trip under a reduced solo supplement and they honored that wit the sale price. Then the price came back up after the sale ended.

1 hour ago, yeah!!! said:

We also have a Tahiti cruise with a big price drop.  We were 97 days out and they told us "since you are within 120 days they wouldn't be able to offer an onboard credit or FCC for the difference"

FYI, below is from the Windstar website:

Guests who purchase a cruise on Windstar will be eligible for reimbursement upon request if the fare published by Windstar for their specific departure and cabin class is reduced after they have made a booking and deposit, and if the request is received by Windstar at least 90 days prior to sailing. The reimbursement will be provided in the form of a shipboard credit, upgrade, fare reduction, or a future cruise credit. Windstar will determine the form of reimbursement, and the amount of reimbursement will be the difference between the fare actually paid by the guest and the published fare on WindstarCruises.com the day the request is received

37 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

Thank you for that information, I will follow up with my travel agent again.

Are you on the Star Breeze March 27th?  That's when we are.  Good luck with your TA, But if need be you may have to call Windstar and let them know your TA is not following Windstars contract.

My TA is back Thursday and we will have final word on our reduction and what they will offer.  Good luck and keep  us posted!!!  

HAppy Holidays!

10 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Are you on the Star Breeze March 27th?  That's when we are.  Good luck with your TA, But if need be you may have to call Windstar and let them know your TA is not following Windstars contract.

My TA is back Thursday and we will have final word on our reduction and what they will offer.  Good luck and keep  us posted!!!  

HAppy Holidays!

We are on the Star Breeze, March 28th.  I will keep you posted on what the T/A and Windstar do for us.

Thanks again!

My travel agent won't budget.  He claimed he called Windstar and they don't show the "less expensive price" that I have - even though I have an actual quote.   I am will contact Windstar again.  I do know the travel agent that offers this price has a "private sale" thru Windstar. 

More details to follow

9 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

My travel agent won't budget.  He claimed he called Windstar and they don't show the "less expensive price" that I have - even though I have an actual quote.   I am will contact Windstar again.  I do know the travel agent that offers this price has a "private sale" thru Windstar. 

More details to follow

If it is a larger travel agency, call the general number and ask to speak to the director of sales.  They are feeding you a bunch of BS.  Just look at the Windstar website and you can see the new "published" price.  If they wont help you are gonna have to really push.  Looking forward to what you find out

According to Windstar, they will match the "prevailing rate" which is not the "private sale" rate offered by the online travel agent.  The online travel agent has a private sale rate from Windstar which is not matchable, and or course, nothing in the Windstar Price Assurance Policy mentions "prevailing rate".

I would be curious to see how it works our for you.

When I check the rates on the Windstar website, the price shown for my cabin type is higher than what I paid.  The online travel agent has a much lower price, but Windstar won't budge on it as it is not the "prevailing rate".

4 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

When I check the rates on the Windstar website, the price shown for my cabin type is higher than what I paid.  The online travel agent has a much lower price, but Windstar won't budge on it as it is not the "prevailing rate".

That then is correct.  If your TA has a lower price online, then Windstar will not help you.  Usually all TA will work with you, but it might be time to find a different agency!!  Are you on the Breeze the end of March for the 11 day?

15 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

Also read your TA's fine print on the sailing.  It might indicate NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.  Only way around that is to cancel and re-book, but you would pay a 15% penalty (within the 120 days) and a $50 pp cancellation fee

On 12/26/2023 at 7:46 AM, CulverCityCruisers said:

That then is correct.  If your TA has a lower price online, then Windstar will not help you.  Usually all TA will work with you, but it might be time to find a different agency!!  Are you on the Breeze the end of March for the 11 day?

If I understand what Yeah wrote, the TA offering the lower price is a different TA, not his.

On 12/26/2023 at 7:24 AM, yeah!!! said:

More details to follow

Then, if the price difference is enough to you to be worth the hassle and you trust that the TA offering it is legit, your only option to get the drop would be to cancel your cruise and book with the other agent. That will mean you have to let go of your current cabin and take whatever one is available from the agent giving you the quote. Also, there may be a risk that the rate disappears between canceling and rebooking.

59 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

If I understand what Yeah wrote, the TA offering the lower price is a different TA, not his.

You are correct.  I found a different TA online tha had a lower price than my TA or Windstar.

53 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

You are correct.  I found a different TA online tha had a lower price than my TA or Windstar.

My understanding is that a private sale is given only to a particular TA.  Neither Windstar nor your other TA is able to match it.  The new TA probably has agreed to take a block of cabins and is having trouble unloading them.

Just wanted to update:😃

Our booking price dropped by $2,000 pp.  Windstar is honoring their commitment to pricing and offering us a combination of Reduction In Price, OBC and a FCC that totals $4,000 !  Before final payment they upgraded us from a Star Porthole to a full Ocean-view suite and are allowing us to keep the upgrade as well.

This is our first experience with Windstar and we are very happy with their policy and we look forward to the additional sailings with have them because they stand by their word!! 

• Like 3