Viking dock in Hong Kong?

millybess

8 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Kai Tak for us. you might get lucky.

Thanks much for this.  

Does that mean "Ocean" is better?  It's about 2km from our hotel, whereas Kai Tak is about 8 in a very roundabout way..

I've read some complaints about Kai Tak.  Apparently it used to be an airport runway?

Edited by millybess
auto correct

7 hours ago, millybess said:

Does Viking dock at the Kai Tak cruise terminal in Hong Kong?

The Viking ships do fit at Ocean Terminal, but which dock they use is at the discretion of the Harbourmaster. You can check the berthing schedule for both Ocean Terminal & Kai Tak online.

I much prefer Ocean Terminal, as it next to the Star Ferry Terminal for trips across to HK Island. It is also a short walk to the Kowloon waterfront, Nathan Road and a Metro Station.

• Like 2

Just booked Viking Orion for 2026, that starts in Hong Kong.  Trying to make things easier on ourselves, simply booked the pre cruise extension, 2 nights in Hong Kong. 

Since we are going to book our own flights (using up frequent flyer miles) this was the easy way to have Viking transfer service.  Now I don't have to worry about where the ship is docked.  😉 

9 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The Viking ships do fit at Ocean Terminal, but which dock they use is at the discretion of the Harbourmaster. You can check the berthing schedule for both Ocean Terminal & Kai Tak online.

I much prefer Ocean Terminal, as it next to the Star Ferry Terminal for trips across to HK Island. It is also a short walk to the Kowloon waterfront, Nathan Road and a Metro Station.

Thanks Andy.  After a little research, I have discovered the Orion is docking at Ocean Terminal. As you said, it is a preferred location.

Again, thank you for your notes.  They are so helpful and are written like a guidebook.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just booked Viking Orion for 2026, that starts in Hong Kong.  Trying to make things easier on ourselves, simply booked the pre cruise extension, 2 nights in Hong Kong. 

Since we are going to book our own flights (using up frequent flyer miles) this was the easy way to have Viking transfer service.  Now I don't have to worry about where the ship is docked.  😉 

We booked the same hotel Viking uses and also our own flights. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, millybess said:

We booked the same hotel Viking uses and also our own flights. 🙂

The Shang is a very good hotel, especially if you are on a Horizon floor, but if anyone else is arriving early, the Langham is also very good and within walking distance of the cruise terminal (via the shopping mall)

5 minutes ago, shipboy said:

The Shang is a very good hotel, especially if you are on a Horizon floor, but if anyone else is arriving early, the Langham is also very good and within walking distance of the cruise terminal (via the shopping mall)

Thanks. We joined the Horizon Club before we booked the room back in April. We reserved a Harbourview Suite and asked for a high floor, so I hope it’s nice. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, millybess said:

Thanks. We joined the Horizon Club before we booked the room back in April. We reserved a Harbourview Suite and asked for a high floor, so I hope it’s nice. 

It’s very nice, you won’t be disappointed 

• Thanks 1