Newbie To Princess……Questions

martyap

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, PATRLR said:

In the Princess Plus/Premier offers, can someone help me understand what the "Premium Deserts" typically are

they are the monstrosities no one needs unless one is trying to induce a diabetic coma. 🙂 

27 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Would these be something on menus in dining rooms, e.g. you can get the apple pie for free, but the super-duper hot fudge sundae is "premium" so need to pay?  Or are these in separate venues,

my understanding is that they are usually available at the International Cafe. But no - they are not a part of the MDR dining. Princess food is usually wonderful, so I wouldn't get Premier just for desserts and premium spirits.

They were introduced between our last Princess cruise and our next Princess cruise (both on Enchanted). We won't be needing them.

Yes to your question about Casual non-free dining options.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PATRLR said:

@skynight thank you for your response.  

Sounds like there are a few venues that fall somewhere between free and Specialty Dining.  If I don't have Plus or Premier, I'd have to pay to eat there.  Right?

Would these be something on menus in dining rooms, e.g. you can get the apple pie for free, but the super-duper hot fudge sundae is "premium" so need to pay?  Or are these in separate venues, sort of like Coco's on NCL which has milkshakes, sundaes and other premium treats for a charge?

Yes. Charge is $14.99 for those that have the standard fare. Sky Princess has Alfredo's Ocean Terrace and Vines ( i think). as casual dining locations. The site mentioned below has some menus. Note menus can change.

https://profcruise.com/new-princess-casual-dining-menus/

Here are some photos of the specialty desserts. Fairly certain that you can also get gelato at the gelato bar in the piazza as a specialty dessert. I have also seen some photos of cakes. With the plus fare you can get 2 per day. Premium fare it's unlimited. 

https://profcruise.com/princess-premium-dessert-menu-with-prices/

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

So do people who don’t have premium or plus still get dessert? Its just they don’t get a premiun dessert. Is regular dessert bad?

Regular dessert is fine. The premium desserts are stupid.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, latebuyer said:

So do people who don’t have premium or plus still get dessert? Its just they don’t get a premium dessert. Is regular dessert bad?

Yes. You have a choice of a nice selection of normal desserts, ice cream, cheese cake, cakes, and so on. Some are always available, some vary each day. Unless you are 10 doubtful you will enjoy the special desserts. Exception, gelato if available on your ship.