Weird question

Funbobby68

2 minutes ago, Funbobby68 said:

Hey all merry Christmas 

I have a weird question , my wife always brings her hairdryer, staring the ones in the stateroom , at least on royal , don’t cut it for her , how are the one on marina , hoping to cut back on luggage weight 

@Funbobby68 I was just on the Riviera.  Sister ship to Marina.  My wife uses a Dyson Hairdryer.  The dryer on the ship was ok, but if my wife did not have her Dyson, it would have been a tough trip for me emotionally. Just saying. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Funbobby68 said:

Hey all merry Christmas 

I have a weird question , my wife always brings her hairdryer, staring the ones in the stateroom , at least on royal , don’t cut it for her , how are the one on marina , hoping to cut back on luggage weight 

After 40 nights on Riviera and Sirena since 12/2021, just finished 20 nights on Riveria 11/2023, my wife has had no complaints about the hair dryers in the cabins. She has reasonable expectations and is more concerned about the amount of space and weight she has in her luggage going thru airports than worrying about such a minor concern.

• Like 1

I use a Dyson at home.  I do not bring it with me when I cruise for the obvious reasons of weight.  Do I miss it? Yes.  I was on the Marina for 32 days in the Spring and found that the Hair Dryer that was supplied (brand new) was quite good.  

The one I had on the Vista in November was just “so-so”.  It would still not be a reason to bring my own.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I use a Dyson at home.  I do not bring it with me when I cruise for the obvious reasons of weight.  Do I miss it? Yes.  I was on the Marina for 32 days in the Spring and found that the Hair Dryer that was supplied (brand new) was quite good.  

The one I had on the Vista in November was just “so-so”.  It would still not be a reason to bring my own.

Ok thanks , my wife want to know if it has a defuser ?

9 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@Funbobby68 I was just on the Riviera.  Sister ship to Marina.  My wife uses a Dyson Hairdryer.  The dryer on the ship was ok, but if my wife did not have her Dyson, it would have been a tough trip for me emotionally. Just saying. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Explora journeys jave Dyson 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, Funbobby68 said:

Ok thanks , my wife want to know if it has a defuser ?

Usually there's a concentrator attachment with the hair dryer in the room, but we haven't seen diffusers. Good suggestion from AMHuntFerry to ask for one since at the very least these would be available in the salon.

I always pack a diffuser sock and it works well. It’s a foamy sock that fits onto every hair dryer I have tried and is almost as good as the proper diffuser I have at home. But it’s so easily packed and weighs next to nothing.  Look for “Hot Sock diffuser” on Amazon.

• Like 1

I've used the hair dryer in the ladies spa with good results. It starts out cool and warms up as you use it. The dryer in the room is sufficient for my thick hair but I personally refer the spa one but it's a pain to drag your clothing bag up. I often shower in the spa for it's spacious shower area. We were on the Insignia in December and they were offering L'Occitane products in the shower area.

• Like 1