NCL on my future sailing posts an excursion which small print says is not available?

Jetswdo

I am sailing at end of August on an Alaska cruise on the Bliss.  We booked this cruise, not for itinerary ( have been to Alaska 2 times already), but to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  I have always wanted to do the Allen Marine excursion out of Juneau. the one that a small boat lines up to the ship and then goes through glacier area up close, and was surprised to see it listed as an available excursion on my cruise date, Aug 24. I was surprised to see it listed because from what I understood, this excursion is only available from end of June until mid August.  So I was about to book it when I saw in the small print, that the operator does not do this excursion after mid August, just as I had heard.  So why would NCL list this as being available.  I'm afraid to book it because if I then get notified that this excursion is cancelled, then  the only other one that I was thinking of doing will probably have no booking available. I will call up Allen Marine tours to double check from their end, as well as NCL. any advise welcomed!  Thanks, Anita

Had this issue last year and booked the excursion, eventually got notice from NCL that it wasn't available. So don't count on it.

Normally there isn't a conflict with other excursions so consider booking both, you can easily cancel later.

Why they post it as available, I can only speculate. I'm definitely not impressed with their land based excursion department.

3 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I am sailing at end of August on an Alaska cruise on the Bliss.  We booked this cruise, not for itinerary ( have been to Alaska 2 times already), but to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  I have always wanted to do the Allen Marine excursion out of Juneau. the one that a small boat lines up to the ship and then goes through glacier area up close, and was surprised to see it listed as an available excursion on my cruise date, Aug 24. I was surprised to see it listed because from what I understood, this excursion is only available from end of June until mid August.  So I was about to book it when I saw in the small print, that the operator does not do this excursion after mid August, just as I had heard.  So why would NCL list this as being available.  I'm afraid to book it because if I then get notified that this excursion is cancelled, then  the only other one that I was thinking of doing will probably have no booking available. I will call up Allen Marine tours to double check from their end, as well as NCL. any advise welcomed!  Thanks, Anita

If you can book it then it is available. 

Can I actually book two excursions that overlap time wise?  If that is the case, I guess I can do that.as long as I get a prompt refund for the excursion being cancelled.  Do you remember how soon before your sailing date did NCL notify you that it was being cancelled?

23 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Can I actually book two excursions that overlap time wise?  If that is the case, I guess I can do that.as long as I get a prompt refund for the excursion being cancelled.  Do you remember how soon before your sailing date did NCL notify you that it was being cancelled?

The system shouldn't allow you to, but NCL's IT is famously not worth more than a dull pencil. I think your idea to contact the vendor themselves is the best one. 

27 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

If you book an excursion online, others that conflict timewise disappear from your available excursions shown. At least that was our experience this past summer.

23 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

No, you can't book overlapping excursions but from what I recall they wouldn't normally overlap, as the excursion seems to usually start about the same time as all aboard. 

I've tried to take this excursion twice now, haven't made it yet. The first time it was cancelled just a few hours before we were to go, too much ice. 

This sailing really is the worst itinerary for people really wanting to do Alaska-  Just to have something to do for the few hours in Juneau, I booked the Mendenhall with hatchery and gardens. The only thing with that is we have done Mendenhall twice, both doing the canoe thing and just walking around the trails. Have done Harv and Marv, etc.  So I just looked for the shortest simplest, cheapest thing to do.  So when I saw the Allen Marine excursion, got all excited.  I will call after the holidays, in a couple of weeks, Allen Marine directly-- Again, why NCL would print the advertisement which states that it is not available, but that is in small print, and I just knew to look for that--most unsuspecting people wouldn't see it.  So I won't change anything for now.  

Princess is so much easier with booking excursions- no mumbo jumbo.  The site won't allow any overlapping bookings.  I was just wondering how NCL handles that.  On ports that have plenty of time available, often I don't book through the cruise line.  But for tender ports which I hate, and for limited time to do what I want, it is just easier to book through the cruise line. So this cruise has short hours at the ports making it difficult to book anything outside of NCL directly.