Public deck overlooking bow on Koningsdam?

AryMay

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Probably since there is an elevator. On some ships, there's no elevator to it, so the only way to access it is from the stairs at the Retreat area. Definitely room for a scooter as it's a large space.

Just note, it is very windy up there.

Is there no 'step-over' to make the door water-tight? 

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

K'dam definitely has the 14th deck, frequently referred to as the "secret" deck since it does not appear on many deck plans. There is a button for it if you're in the correct elevator.

I will post pictures later once I've made my way you there (currently sailing on K'dam).

I guess that explains all the cameras shown on this deck plan. Now that you know the secret, we will have to shoot you.  (Groan)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AryMay said:

While you are out on your mission, could you head to the front of deck 7 and see what the white spaces are on either side of this deck? Still trying to discover if there is a way to access a public area  overlooking the bow of the ship. 🙂

Deck 7.jpeg

It’s been discussed these are officer quarters.

7 does not have a publicly accessible deck forward overlooking the bow for passengers. You can barely see the bow from 14 forward.

I just reviewed video I took from standing on the bow during K-Dam scenic cruising passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. It is a crowded bow with no one standing forward on any other deck areas overlooking the bow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RuthC said:

Is there no 'step-over' to make the door water-tight? 

Hey Ruth - happy to report a scooter can readily traverse across threshold on 14 - there is a ramp. Also, no need to push the button, there's an eye allowing door to automatically open.

20231227_083859.thumb.jpg.e56043bda0de308d6773ec9a04a78f0f.jpg

20231227_083806.thumb.jpg.ba077fe4333a3ef038315cf8c89abc36.jpg

I didn't get a picture of it, but there are 2 sets of small steps leading to an elevated platform that are not accessible. Other than that, the rest is wide open.

Enjoy!!

20231227_092112.thumb.jpg.75fc42e2127cbdda42333ab397444106.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey Ruth - happy to report a scooter can readily traverse across threshold on 14 - there is a ramp. Also, no need to push the button, there's an eye allowing door to automatically open.

Thanks! That's good information! Very helpful. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The remaining R class have the best forward access. Deck 8 at either edge of the gym even provide views down the side of the ship. Deck 6 has the full width forward view. Also Deck 10 above Crow's Nest is open. 

20231227_163532.jpg

20231226_070909.jpg

20231219_142944.jpg

R class has a door from the thermal suite in the spa to an awesome little deck. (Great as a "cold air plunge" in those great New England/Montreal itins!)

Vista class has a beautiful forward deck in front of the gym.

Pinnacles... have...   ...lots of great restaurants.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone has posted views looking forward from Deck 14.  I don't think you can see the bow from there but there are some nice forward views.  These are from sister Rotterdam at the first lock on my Panama Canal cruise:''

ab.thumb.JPG.e94c70847921877f27e900e71ef9ff10.JPG

ad.thumb.JPG.02652869657b79e85aa36a6ccab52f6b.JPG

aa.thumb.JPG.bee10024da76727f2e426e538fc7eb52.JPG

ac.thumb.JPG.69b47c771d4a7e6c5c459c9ea5502810.JPG

This deck was also my preferred location to watch the sunrise on my eastern Nieuw Statendam transatlantic.

There is also a little porch on Deck 6 that is accessible at times but it is open to the weather and I think normally sealed with watertight doors although was open for the Panama Canal and might be open at some other times with scenic cruising if the wind is not too bad:

6porch.jpg

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I don't think anyone has posted views looking forward from Deck 14.  I don't think you can see the bow from there but there are some nice forward views.  These are from sister Rotterdam at the first lock on my Panama Canal cruise:''

ab.thumb.JPG.e94c70847921877f27e900e71ef9ff10.JPG

ad.thumb.JPG.02652869657b79e85aa36a6ccab52f6b.JPG

aa.thumb.JPG.bee10024da76727f2e426e538fc7eb52.JPG

ac.thumb.JPG.69b47c771d4a7e6c5c459c9ea5502810.JPG

This deck was also my preferred location to watch the sunrise on my eastern Nieuw Statendam transatlantic.

There is also a little porch on Deck 6 that is accessible at times but it is open to the weather and I think normally sealed with watertight doors although was open for the Panama Canal and might be open at some other times with scenic cruising if the wind is not too bad:

6porch.jpg

Roy

Oh wow I’ve never seen them open deck 6 forward hatches. Wonder if it’s a Panama Canal thing.

13 minutes ago, BigMattT said:

Oh wow I’ve never seen them open deck 6 forward hatches. Wonder if it’s a Panama Canal thing.

Don't know if it's just the Panama Canal but it would need to be a very calm day, something I can imagine happening in places like Glacier Bay.  Of course, Rotterdam is the only Pinnacle that can do Panama Canal cruises.

Roy

• Like 2