Summit vs. Connie

cricketts

12 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

As I understand it the cabins were modules. They pulled the old modules out and installed the new ones. They were prebuilt. The cabins are new not just renovated. Public spaces were renovated except Cafe Bacio. Wonder if they ran out of time. The buffet with islands is a great improvement. 

As for Constellation versus Summit I preferred the Constellation as built to the Summit as built. They didn’t build them cookie cutter. I was on both when they were fairly new. I was on the third sailing of the Summit. The Revolutionized Summit is definitely better than the Constellation which unfortunately is way overdue for its redo. As for booking one over the other to book there are other factors that I take into account. Itinerary is important to me. 

Perhaps celebrity plans to sell the old ships to make way for new ones.  Maybe the constellation will join the galaxy and horizon

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Perhaps celebrity plans to sell the old ships to make way for new ones.  Maybe the constellation will join the galaxy and horizon

I sure hope Celebrity does Not sell the older M class ships as they are my Favorites.

But like me they are getting closer to their expiration date.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I sure hope Celebrity does Not sell the older M class ships as they are my Favorites.

But like me they are getting closer to their expiration date.

I do not mean that I don’t like the mclass ships loved sailing to Bermuda multiple times on the summit!  My dh and I are also in our sunset years!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I do not mean that I don’t like the mclass ships loved sailing to Bermuda multiple times on the summit!  My dh and I are also in our sunset years!

Sail on Oh intrepid sailor let Us continue towards that far horizon.........

• Like 1

I never thought Celebrity would get rid of the Century, Galaxy and Mercury since they were able to enter all the ports in Bermuda! I was wrong since they dock at the Dockyards and if passengers want to visit the other towns must take the buses and ferry! Celebrity fills the ships going there & saves # of ships needed for same number passengers!

I have been surprised that since the line has received new builds that none of the older ships have been sold off! If they do decide on selling off one of their ships when the next new builds arrive I expect it may be Constellation! She is not expected to be revolutionized next drydock!

Summit seems to be a favorite when there is a ship needed for a charter!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

I never thought Celebrity would get rid of the Century, Galaxy and Mercury since they were able to enter all the ports in Bermuda! I was wrong since they dock at the Dockyards and if passengers want to visit the other towns must take the buses and ferry! Celebrity fills the ships going there & saves # of ships needed for same number passengers!

I

Century, Galaxy and Mercury could not enter all the ports in Bermuda. I don’t recall them ever doing Bermuda but if they had they would have only been able to do the Dockyard. I don’t recall them ever even doing the Dockyard. I sailed all three, Century and Galaxy were great, Mercury was kind of dark. For Bermuda that did Hamilton and St.George’s we did Zenith and could have done Horizon. 

Century,Galaxy and Mercury were fine ships but not enough balcony's and people wanted them. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Does anyone who's been on Summit recently know who the current Captains are? I REALLY miss Arno's 'Who's Onboard' chart!

It’s Capt Chris.