Where is Voyager going after March 20, 2026?

briar14

We just received a notice that our cruise in Feb.-March 2026 from Cape Town to Athens will end in Dubai. This is 2 segments of a Grand Voyage, Mauritius to Rome.  The reason given is that Voyager is going into dry-dock in Nov./Dec. 2025. I’m not sure what a late 2025 dry-dock has to do with a Feb.-March 2026 cruise. Our 38-night sailing is now 20 nights and the cost is reduced by 50% on cruise only voyage fare. Any ideas on Voyager’s status after March 20, 2026?

As posted on the roll call, this is very odd. The excuse that the changes are due to the dry dock in Nov/Dec 2025 is utter nonsense. How can that impact on a cruise 3 months later, which hasn’t been cancelled and is still going ahead as planned?

We’ve also been told our 38 night cruise is now just the 20 day segment ending in Dubai yet, clearly, the ship is continuing on as scheduled - to Rome. To say we are not happy is an understatement of mammoth proportions. We could have booked the 20 night segment but didn’t want that alone, it was the extended stay on ship and itinerary that we booked for - including the Suez Canal, Petra & Ephesus. Without those elements, we aren’t being offered what we wanted or signed up for.

This looks like a piece of chicanery to me - hoping some people cancel and then their suites can be re-sold at a higher price. Unless Regent can provide an alternative, plausible, reason they may well be losing more customers over this strategy.

Just spoken to Regent UK. They are still going with the dry dock explanation, as that is all they’ve been told. After a lengthy conversation, during which I explained that the reason provided us implausible and I don’t accept it, they have agreed to investigate further with HO and keep me informed.

I’ve rejected the 50% reduction completely and advised them that a deviation of this magnitude is a fundamental breach of trust and confidence. This is a pretty serious situation in my view and Regent are doing themselves no favours whatsoever.

47 minutes ago, Pies4u said:

This looks like a piece of chicanery to me - hoping some people cancel and then their suites can be re-sold at a higher price. Unless Regent can provide an alternative, plausible, reason they may well be losing more customers over this strategy.

I'm not sure I completely understand your premise.  Are you saying you believe Regent changed a 38 night cruise to a 20 night cruise, gave you a 50% reduction in fare, leaving the other 18 nights apparently unscheduled,  in hopes you will cancel and they can sell the cabins at a higher price?   

Edited by papaflamingo

Thus was part of a 64 night Grand Voyage, which had 4 segments. They have amended the Dubai to Athens segment and then Athens to Rome final segment. There is actually no longer an 18 night element that we had booked, it is now 21 nights with the looks of things. The final 10 night segment is reduced to 7, so it’s still a full 64 night voyage but if you are only on the middle segments, or just the 3rd one  then you are affected.

It is crazy excuse to blame it on the dry dock and offering a 50% reduction on a cruise you are not getting is a bit weird. I expect a 100% reduction on that and a significant reduction on the remaining element because that is not what we booked and not we wanted!

Quite frankly, it brings Regent’s reputation into question and the PR implications are pretty grim.

I’ve now had a further telephone conversation with the UK office. I am told that we are the only UK customers who were booked in the 38 night cruise but I’m aware of at least 2 other groups from N .America incl briar14, of course. That is what makes me believe that they want to re-package this and sell suites at a higher price. Unless they come up with something that is acceptable  we will have lost that “once in a lifetime” cruise.

It doesn’t look good to me.

2 hours ago, Pies4u said:

I am told that we are the only UK customers who were booked in the 38 night cruise

In which case they could afford to be generous in their dealings with you, without setting a precedent.

Why could they not just offer to switch you to the 41 nights ending in Athens, at no additional cost?

If you do not receive a reasonable offer, I assume you will simply have to cancel the whole booking for a full refund (and lodge a claim with Regent UK for any other expenses you have incurred)

Just checked Regent’s web site for what Voyager cruise came immediately after dry dock—a Dec. 17 cruise, Marseilles to Muscat (WL), which is a change from last night when it was Barcelona to Dubai (WL). Then nothing until Jan. 27, Cape Town to Port Louis. The schedule seems to be a moving target😊.

I think an accurate communication from Regent would be helpful rather than the drydock excuse. Travel in and through the Middle East may be difficult for quite some time. If that is a reason, state that. 

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

In which case they could afford to be generous in their dealings with you, without setting a precedent.

Why could they not just offer to switch you to the 41 nights ending in Athens, at no additional cost?

If you do not receive a reasonable offer, I assume you will simply have to cancel the whole booking for a full refund (and lodge a claim with Regent UK for any other expenses you have incurred)

Agreed - a fair offer would be to honour the 2 segments at no extra cost. It’s a variation of Regent’s choice, not ours.

@Pcardad, I agree. Thanks, I was hoping you would reply. The web site itineraries for these East Africa cruises have changed again today.

Reserved this for the itinerary. If it is not going to happen, we would like an early notice so we can look for something else similar rather than having Regent string us along.

Edited by briar14

54 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Far more likely that something else is going to happen....a more extensive refit, a sale or a re-purpose.

Grand Voyage from Mauritius totally gone.  Cape Town to Dubai completely waitlisted. Bye, bye Voyager?  

32 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Grand Voyage from Mauritius totally gone.  Cape Town to Dubai completely waitlisted. Bye, bye Voyager?  

Marc, I am all over this 😊. These East African itineraries and availability have changed at least 5 times today. Our mutual travel agency is working on clarification. Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I think the WC is going to move to Explorer at some time in the future.

ADM was quite clear that there would be no WC on the newer ships - not enough storage for long ocean crossings.

26 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Mariner changes before or after 2024 Grand Arctic?  Final payment due next week.

Physical changes after. Other changes before. But please remember, I am not an official source and I only share what I hear that won't get anyone in trouble. Subject to me being wrong, of course.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BBWC said:

ADM was quite clear that there would be no WC on the newer ships - not enough storage for long ocean crossings.

Very surprised.
We have always found the storage to be much better in the suites on Explorer & Splendor than on Mariner

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Also, expect BIG changes for Mariner.

Hope they do not change the layout of the public areas, which are near perfect on Mariner.