Where is Voyager going after March 20, 2026?

briar14

38 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Very surprised.
We have always found the storage to be much better in the suites on Explorer & Splendor than on Mariner

Hope they do not change the layout of the public areas, which are near perfect on Mariner.

I think they meant dry storage for supplies...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mom0f3 said:

We are boooked  on the Feb 12th Port Louis to Cape Town 16 night segment, which still seems to be available.   

Precisely! That is why the subsequent variations can’t possibly be related  to the dry dock period. The explanation provided by Regent is not logical.

The itinerary has been slightly varied for 2 later segments of the GV. Consequently, the relatively few guests booked have been inconvenienced for another reason.

The e.mail we received is either incomplete or simply inaccurate. The UK office are seeking clarification - they appear to have the same, limited information that customers have received.

It is, at best, a poorly communicated and badly thought out piece of communication. At worst it is just a case of upsetting a limited number of people in order to generate greater revenue.

If I’m offered the additional 3 nights at no extra cost, I’ll be pleasantly surprised but it won’t change my thoughts re: the overall strategy.

2 hours ago, Pies4u said:

Precisely! That is why the subsequent variations can’t possibly be related  to the dry dock period. The explanation provided by Regent is not logical.

The itinerary has been slightly varied for 2 later segments of the GV. Consequently, the relatively few guests booked have been inconvenienced for another reason.

The e.mail we received is either incomplete or simply inaccurate. The UK office are seeking clarification - they appear to have the same, limited information that customers have received.

It is, at best, a poorly communicated and badly thought out piece of communication. At worst it is just a case of upsetting a limited number of people in order to generate greater revenue.

If I’m offered the additional 3 nights at no extra cost, I’ll be pleasantly surprised but it won’t change my thoughts re: the overall strategy.

I spoke too soon...as of this morning, the Port Louis to Cape Town segment is also listed as wait-listed....

• Like 2

That 38 night cruise is interesting. It ends at sea!

If you follow this thread you’ll note that several people have commented on the farcical situation of variations and changes almost by the hour on the website, the entire loss of cruises on “my account” (ours has also gone altogether  too) and a total lack of clarity about the whole matter, including a half baked, inadequate explanation from Regent that is, clearly, false.

46 minutes ago, Pies4u said:

That 38 night cruise is interesting. It ends at sea!

If you follow this thread you’ll note that several people have commented on the farcical situation of variations and changes almost by the hour on the website, the entire loss of cruises on “my account” (ours has also gone altogether  too) and a total lack of clarity about the whole matter, including a half baked, inadequate explanation from Regent that is, clearly, false.

Please keep your comments coming. We are following along.

And the Voyager saga continues—this morning the web site shows the first 5 cruises after drydock. Jan. 27, 2026, Cape Town to Port Louis, available; Port Louis to Cape Town, WL; Cape Town to Dubai, WL; Dubai to At Sea???, Call; At Sea??? to Rome, WL. I suspect and hope another email from Regent will arrive any day now.

Edited by briar14

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Ah, I understand ……………… yet another design flaw on the new class of ships 🤨

ADM literally said that the new ships were designed fir seven day cruises.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

ADM literally said that the new ships were designed fir seven day cruises.

Unbelievable that NCLH/Regent would be suckered-in to buying three ships, each with that shortcoming, given the varied itineraries that most luxury-line cruisers prefer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Unbelievable that NCLH/Regent would be suckered-in to buying three ships, each with that shortcoming, given the varied itineraries that most luxury-line cruisers prefer.

They designed the ships prior to a construction bid.

We are on the Grand Voyage and received the revised itinerary from March 20 to the end of the cruise. We admit reading that the changes are due to the dry dock seems odd to us. Until this thread in CC I never thought to look at the website or my account and see it has disappeared. Since we booked 2.5 years out, we accept that changes to the itinerary can and will happen.  If we were like many other cruisers and not on CC, we would be blissfully unaware of the theories proposed and the angst some are feeling. It's maybe a bit of drama I could do without. We await further updates from Regent.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2023 at 4:21 PM, flossie009 said:

We were told that Cunard made the same mistake with (I think!) Queen Mary 2, which was built as a transatlantic vessel but at the time was used to operate much longer cruises.

Re the original topic, we are booked on the PL to CT itinerary in 2026 having seized the chance to visit Madagascar and Tanzania, so thank you @briar14 for asking that question, without which we would know none of this!

• Like 1

My husband and I booked Cape Town to Port Louis, Jan. 27,2026, when we were onboard the Explorer in November. The cruise consultant told us that this would be the Voyager's third cruise post-dry dock. Now it appears that it will be the first.

We had no idea about these changes and send a big thank you to @briar14 and everyone else who posted on this thread. Our itinerary is still the same as when we booked, and the cruise is not waitlisted...but we will be keeping an eye on our itinerary and the cruises that follow.

Our best guess is that Regent is planning to avoid the Red Sea and much of the Middle East, even at this far-out date. It's reminiscent of when Egypt was taken off itineraries for quite some time – two or three years. When travel opened up in 2019, we jumped at the chance to take what became one of our all-time favorite cruises from Barcelona to Dubai on the Voyager.

We will be watching these boards closely and will also follow up if we learn of changes to the Jan. 27th itinerary.

Mary

The Modern Postcard

• Like 3

I would never rely solely on anything posted to the Regent website. It is often wrong or at least updated slowly.

FYI, we were booked on the 6 Jan 2026 sailing from Dubai, which according to an official email from Regent received this week has now been moved back to 9 Jan 2026 with two ports eliminated and a 15% fare reduction accordingly to be applied. This would be the second post-dry dock cruise. The first, from Marseille to Dubai, I believe, will also be pushed back by two days, which suggests to me that the dry dock refurbishment will be longer than originally planned. Our cruise will arrive in Cape Town on 26 Jan 2026, as originally scheduled.

That sounds like a variation entirely due to the dry dock arrangements. It’s a reasonable change, the sort that happens occasionally - as others have referred to.

i’d be fairly happy with that situation but I’d enquire about a more generous offer.

In our position, where they’ve simply removed 18 days, an entire segment, from our cruise - but the ship is still making a similar journey, I’m still baffled as to why we haven’t been offered the additional 3 nights as opposed to being told, “your cruise is now 20 days!

Having nit heard anything more for a week, I contacted Regent UK again today. Still no clarity or further explanation. Apparently, HO are still sorting out revised itineraries and prices etc.  I pointed out that it would have been helpful if they’d actually done that prior to announcing they were curtailing our 38 night cruise down to 20.

The website is still all over the place, with the supposed new 38 night cruise ending at sea. None of the Feb/Mar 2026 Voyager cruises are available to book at the moment.

It is not a good look. Plus, just for the record, this isn’t about dropping ports, changing itineraries etc - that happens, this about removing an entire cruise, implementing a revised segment but not offering it as a replacement, stating that it is “due to the dry dock” and then failing to communicate professionally.

The longer this saga continues, the greater the risk to the damage to Regent’s reputation really. We are Gold status, attained between 2015 - 2023, with another cruise booked on Splendor in 2025 so we are, very much, Regent fans and have enjoyed their hospitality up to date. I believe that we are entitled to be disgruntled by the current situation tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pies4u said:

Having nit heard anything more for a week, I contacted Regent UK again today. Still no clarity or further explanation. Apparently, HO are still sorting out revised itineraries and prices etc.  I pointed out that it would have been helpful if they’d actually done that prior to announcing they were curtailing our 38 night cruise down to 20.

The website is still all over the place, with the supposed new 38 night cruise ending at sea. None of the Feb/Mar 2026 Voyager cruises are available to book at the moment.

It is not a good look. Plus, just for the record, this isn’t about dropping ports, changing itineraries etc - that happens, this about removing an entire cruise, implementing a revised segment but not offering it as a replacement, stating that it is “due to the dry dock” and then failing to communicate professionally.

The longer this saga continues, the greater the risk to the damage to Regent’s reputation really. We are Gold status, attained between 2015 - 2023, with another cruise booked on Splendor in 2025 so we are, very much, Regent fans and have enjoyed their hospitality up to date. I believe that we are entitled to be disgruntled by the current situation tbh.

This is a cruise that is still 2+ years away?

• Like 1

Yes, I’m not sure why that makes any difference tbh. Other than that, it makes it even more sensible and practical to “get all your ducks in a row”, then advise customers that arrangements are now varied but here the range of options available to you.

We were offered a 38 night cruise, including an itinerary which we wanted, which we paid a deposit for - now it is a 20 night cruise because the second segment is being amended but not, as yet, being made available to us. That’s the point, or points - lack of transparency, lack of clarity and a load of unanswered questions.

Why cause ripples when you could minimise the uncertainty and avoid annoying your customers more than necessary?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2023 at 12:06 PM, travlr21 said:

We are on the Grand Voyage and received the revised itinerary from March 20 to the end of the cruise. We admit reading that the changes are due to the dry dock seems odd to us. Until this thread in CC I never thought to look at the website or my account and see it has disappeared. Since we booked 2.5 years out, we accept that changes to the itinerary can and will happen.  If we were like many other cruisers and not on CC, we would be blissfully unaware of the theories proposed and the angst some are feeling. It's maybe a bit of drama I could do without. We await further updates from Regent.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

travlr21, did the updated itinerary you received include a three day Dubai - Dubai loop 20 - 23 March?  I am curious if this is the change that impacted the 38 day trip Cape Town to Athens.

Edited by mrlevin

@mrlevin. Marc, as I understand it from our TA the itinerary for the Grand Voyage does include the Dubai-Dubai loop. The Grand Voyagers will stay on the ship. We have decided to rebook this and are waiting to hear from Regent and our TA. Jan

We cancelled our amended 20 night cruise a couple of weeks ago. Having been advised our 38 night trip was now 20 we were surprised that Regent actually revised their offer but required us to leave the ship for 3 days in Dubai - then re-board for the 18 night leg, same suite. That still makes no sense to me. What is happening on that 3 day itinerary to Doha?

We were uncomfortable about that disruption, despite Regent’s change of heart. It just made it too many disruptions and “lost” time, given we were doing the 3 day pre-cruise. 

15 minutes ago, Pies4u said:

We cancelled our amended 20 night cruise a couple of weeks ago. Having been advised our 38 night trip was now 20 we were surprised that Regent actually revised their offer but required us to leave the ship for 3 days in Dubai - then re-board for the 18 night leg, same suite. That still makes no sense to me. What is happening on that 3 day itinerary to Doha?

We were uncomfortable about that disruption, despite Regent’s change of heart. It just made it too many disruptions and “lost” time, given we were doing the 3 day pre-cruise. 

Probably a private charter...

• Like 1

Probably so, but no explanation was provided when I asked.

Hence, more uncertainty & lack of clarity in my mind and unhappy about being kicked off the ship for 3 days whenever booked an extended 38 night cruise for a reason, not a 20 night followed 3 days later by an 18 night cruise. Thought it was very disappointing tbh, given that the full 64 night cruisers were tending on board throughout too.