Package Upgrade Options Not Showing

wombat94

Hi all,

We have booked our first cruise on Celebrity for April 2024 (Transatlantic crossing on the Ascent).

We booked the All Inclusive rate, but when I look online or in the app to manage the cruise, I don't see the upgrade options to Premium Wifi or Premium drinks - I just see the options to purchase those add ons directly for full price. (Well current discounted price with the Flash Sale)

When I put a courtesy hold on the room on Christmas Day I had chosen Cruise Only and then later did the math for what we wanted and decided to upgrade to All Inclusive so I called Celebrity instead of completing the booking online. The invoice I got shows that I paid for All Inclusive and the pricing matched what I expected.

I'm just wondering whether there is something wrong in the system that it doesn't recognize that I have All Inclusive so it is showing the regular package pricing instead of the upgrade options and I'd like to be able to keep an eye on discounts on the Wifi Upgrade especially.

Any advice?

Nothing wrong.  Their IT systems just suck.  You were smart to not just complete your booking online and to review your reservation with someone and verify the inclusions with someone on the phone and written invoice before placing the deposit.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience. In my booking, I knew I had premium wifi and premium drinks package, but their website kept offering me premium drinks package. I called Celebrity and the customer service representative checked and confirmed I had both upgrades. When I got on board, everything was fine.

Give Celebrity a call to confirm and have peace of mind. Happy planning!

• Like 1

It takes awhile for the beverage package and wi-fi to be reflected in the Cruise Planner Order History.  Once it shows up then the option to upgrade will appear. 

To see when the beverage and wi-fi are added to the planner  you can go into the Cruise Planner and in the upper right there is a circle with your initials.  Click on that and then select Order History.  Anything you purchase pre cruise ( excursions, specialty dining, etc ) show there.  The beverage package and wi-fi will show with $00.00.  

• Like 1

I upgraded my husband's classic AI drinks package to Premium alcohol in November this year.  It still doesn't show the upgrade in Cruise Planner Order.  One to two weeks after making the upgrade with the reservations team in November I contacted Celebrity to let them know I couldn't see it in my cruise planner order (though everything else I booked or upgraded was present there).  The rep kindly sent me an email with my order history and verified that they could see it from their end even if I couldn't.  I printed a copy of the order history emailed to me to take with me just in case, especially as I still can't see it in my online history.

3 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

I upgraded my husband's classic AI drinks package to Premium alcohol in November this year.  It still doesn't show the upgrade in Cruise Planner Order.  One to two weeks after making the upgrade with the reservations team in November I contacted Celebrity to let them know I couldn't see it in my cruise planner order (though everything else I booked or upgraded was present there).  The rep kindly sent me an email with my order history and verified that they could see it from their end even if I couldn't.  I printed a copy of the order history emailed to me to take with me just in case, especially as I still can't see it in my online history.

You need to log into his account to see it. His drink package will not show under your order history. 

• Like 1

Just because I like to close the loop on threads I start... our included packages and the upgrade options started showing on our booking yesterday (3 days after paying the deposit).

All is good now.

Thanks!