Pet cat smuggled aboard Ovation of the Seas. Found by Biosecurity agents from New Zealand in guest cabin

fstuff1

Just like my fellow CCer's suggested, my best guess is that the cat was smuggled on to the ship by being concealed under clothing.  The person smuggling the cat would have gone thru a metal scanner, so the cat would not have been detected.

My question is: how did the room attendant not discover a cat living in a stateroom?

• Like 2

There seems to be a certain clientele whom like to travel with their pets. Maybe cruise lines can look at some of their older or even newer ships and see if this can legitimately accommodated. 

doesn’t Cunard have dog and cat kennels onboard?

Some rooms could be dog/cat accomodating and the cruise line could charge a surcharge for the pet to be onboard. Rules would need to be followed

also note that this would not be suitable on the Australian/NZ pacific island cruises or to other locations with strong bio security laws.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, Shmoo here said:

Can't read it - I'd have to disable my adblocker.

It was a link to the Daily Mail article about this story. I posted it on the Holland America board, and it was moved to this forum. 

Edited by Boatdrill

On 12/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, RuthC said:

Poor kitty! What an awful experience for him. 
And stupid human that brought the kitty aboard! With such poor judgement, that person should never be allowed to have an animal again. 

Not to mention that person should be banned from Royal Caribbean, and every other cruise line. 

Anything else?  😆