Unlimited Dining on Constellation - Is it worth it?

BroncoJoe

I just booked the 14 night trans-Atlantic from Barcelona to Tampa in Nov, 2024, on the Constellation. In the past I have sailed on Reflection. I very much enjoyed the specialty dining on Reflection, both Murano and Tuscan Grille (I didn't try Le Petit Chef), enough that I am considering the Unlimited Dining package. 

However, on the Constellation there is only the Tuscan Grille and Petit Chef. I would also likely have one meal with the Chef's Table by Daniel Baulud. My concern is with a 14 night sailing that there wouldn't be enough variety with only essentially two specialty restaurants and Sushi on Five. 

Has anyone had the Unlimited Specialty Dining for a longer duration cruise on Constellation? Thoughts on if it is worth it or not? My understanding is the menu at the specialty restaurants is more static, as opposed to the changing menu nightly at the MDR. 

Thanks. 

I just got off the Constellation and dined at Tuscan Grille, Qsine Le Petit Chef and Sushi on Five.

On a 14 night cruise, Qsine will have at least two, maybe three (don't quote me on this one) different Le Petit Chef menus/shows.

Tuscan Grille has an extensive menu. On my sailing, I dined there four times and did not cover the entire menu.

I personally had a very disappointing experience at Sushi on Five. I went there twice, and was not impressed. The table beside mine complimented them on the food. I could barely eat mine. Maybe my standards are too high.

Here are a few photos from my sailing in those venues: [photo album].

Happy planning! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve sailed Constellation and never even considered the unlimited meal plan. Just not enough variety.

Sometimes Celebrity offers a discount on  fewer night meal plans.  

you might want to consider that option.

• Thanks 2

Yes, we have done the "Ultimate Dining Package" multiple times on 14 night cruises on M class ships like Connie.  Even before some suites got specialty dining for free, there were always several people like us that were there every night.

If you like a "nicer & slower" dining experience, it's great!  The MDR is just too crowded, busy and chaotic for us.  We are not likely to go to "the show" at night and a nice dinner is our evening's entertainment.  

In our experience, after a few nights, they will cook (within reason) off the menu for you with a day's notice of what you would like.  So even with just one restaurant, it was a pleasure.  We asked to sit in the same area and have the same service-team each night and that was no problem.  

Did this last for 12 nights on Summit in 2019.  We ate only (12 nights) in Tuscan grill (not LPC fans) and it was great.  Had the same table and wait-staff every night.  Really got to know them...which is nice.  Things have changed a bit in the "post-covid" years....so I can only rely our experience.

If you think you would enjoy eating in the specialty dining rooms each night...go for it.  Highly recommended!

• Thanks 1

Honestly I don't think it would be worth it.    Even when in a RS with unlimited dining we would rarely go to Tuscan more than 2x and to us Petite Chef is one and done and we've done it twice.  

Since Chef B specialty is not covered under unlimited dining I think you would be better off al la carte.

• Thanks 2

On 12/27/2023 at 4:43 PM, tjunmin said:

I just got off the Constellation and dined at Tuscan Grille, Qsine Le Petit Chef and Sushi on Five.

On a 14 night cruise, Qsine will have at least two, maybe three (don't quote me on this one) different Le Petit Chef menus/shows.

Tuscan Grille has an extensive menu. On my sailing, I dined there four times and did not cover the entire menu.

I personally had a very disappointing experience at Sushi on Five. I went there twice, and was not impressed. The table beside mine complimented them on the food. I could barely eat mine. Maybe my standards are too high.

Here are a few photos from my sailing in those venues: [photo album].

Happy planning! 

Thanks very much for the info. I'll have to check on the menus at LPC when I get on board. Much appreciated. 

Joe

On 12/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, PelicanLvr said:

Yes, we have done the "Ultimate Dining Package" multiple times on 14 night cruises on M class ships like Connie.  Even before some suites got specialty dining for free, there were always several people like us that were there every night.

If you like a "nicer & slower" dining experience, it's great!  The MDR is just too crowded, busy and chaotic for us.  We are not likely to go to "the show" at night and a nice dinner is our evening's entertainment.  

In our experience, after a few nights, they will cook (within reason) off the menu for you with a day's notice of what you would like.  So even with just one restaurant, it was a pleasure.  We asked to sit in the same area and have the same service-team each night and that was no problem.  

Did this last for 12 nights on Summit in 2019.  We ate only (12 nights) in Tuscan grill (not LPC fans) and it was great.  Had the same table and wait-staff every night.  Really got to know them...which is nice.  Things have changed a bit in the "post-covid" years....so I can only rely our experience.

If you think you would enjoy eating in the specialty dining rooms each night...go for it.  Highly recommended!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I was thinking about booking Aqua Class again because I enjoyed Blu so much, but Concierge + Unlimited Dining would be a good substitute. Thanks, again. 

Joe