Miracle to Hawaii - Jan 2024

itravelalot

Hi All. Anything to know about this ship- different from others? Also question about dinner attire on this ship. I’ve done 35 cruises and my last 3 have been carnival and we have found the overall dressing is much more casual than my previous experiences. Just wondering if the Miracle to hawaii is the same or more ‘dressy’. I’m packing a carry on so I’d like to not bring things I don’t need. 
Thanks - Wendy

• Haha 1

There is no reason to think the trip to Hawaii is going to be any less casual than any other Carnival cruise.  I haven't sailed with them to Hawaii, but I have done Europe a few times, and it wasn't any dressier than a Caribbean cruise.  

BTW, I only take a carry-on myself and I do just fine.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Miracle to Hawaii last year in February.  It is definitely a relaxed cruise attire wise.  There were 4 formal nights, but, we just wore nice slacks and a nice shirt for each.  They were turning away those in shorts for the MDR.  Bring something Hawaiian to wear on a few of the nights as they do promote the theme for this cruise.  They hand out lots of leis, so, if you forget yours, you will have ample opportunities to make a collection of them.  It was a fun cruise as the staff kept everyone busy on those long days at sea on both crossings.  Enjoy the cruise.   

• Like 2

We just did this cruise in October.  Miracle is great and very unique in it's décor!  We loved it but have heard others call it "ostentatious" or "gaudy". Lots of fun areas to hang out in for whatever your mood is.

Dinner was pretty casual for the most part.  Hubby wore nice jeans with polos most nights and dockers type slacks with a button down shirt on formal nights.  I wore casual skirts with nice short sleeved tops on causal nights and semi casual cocktail type dresses on formal nights.  There were people dressed more nicely and more informally than us each night.  The captain, his wife, some of the officers and their families ate dinner in the MDR (late seating) at least half the nights and were all dressed very nicely each evening (evening dresses, full hair and makeup for the ladies, uniforms for the officers).  Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can try to answer them!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, itravelalot said:

Hi All. Anything to know about this ship- different from others? Also question about dinner attire on this ship. I’ve done 35 cruises and my last 3 have been carnival and we have found the overall dressing is much more casual than my previous experiences. Just wondering if the Miracle to hawaii is the same or more ‘dressy’. I’m packing a carry on so I’d like to not bring things I don’t need. 
Thanks - Wendy

We did this cruise last January--our 1st on Carnival.

It was fairly casual...DH wore slacks & polo every night to dinner.

I usually wore black slacks & a dressy top.

The ship decor is unusual--I was glad we had watched a You Tube tour of it, as then we were prepared for the literature themes throughout the ship. 

Do bring seasick meds--patches were a lifesaver on this cruise. 

Had not needed patches on any cruise in 10 years. 

Better to be prepared!

We really enjoyed this cruise!

Happy to answer any other questions.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

I will be on the one that leaves Jan 6th and I was on this same ship and similar itinerary in 2022.  Very casual.  We had 3 formal nights (one is called a throwback or something like that).  I would say the average person on formal night looked like they were going to a birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory 🙃, with some outliers decked out. 

We just returned a couple of weeks ago from this cruise.  Definitely less of a formal vibe overall in the main dining room.  We dressed in slacks and plain long sleeve shirts (dress shirt for my husband but no tie) and did not stand out on elegant night.  If you haven't sailed out in the Pacific before, make sure you bring something for motion sickness.  We had calm seas and no big storms, but swells are consistently bigger than you will have in the Caribbean (except for in a big storm).   

Thank you @pjhootch  I’ve done 35 cruises and been in some rough weather but I’m starting to think about the seasickness because it’s been mentioned a few times. We’ve never had an issue before but I’m packing patches. Any other remedies you can suggest. Thanks for the clothing tips..

21 hours ago, itravelalot said:

Thank you @pjhootch  I’ve done 35 cruises and been in some rough weather but I’m starting to think about the seasickness because it’s been mentioned a few times. We’ve never had an issue before but I’m packing patches. Any other remedies you can suggest. Thanks for the clothing tips..

I bring Bonine or the generic.  It is the non-drowsy Dramamine.  I took some as soon as we left port in Long Beach, and kept it up a couple of times a day for the first night and couple of sea days.  After that, I didn't feel the need for it again, even when we were rocking quite a bit.  I always have the heavy duty Dramamine with me, just in case. The trick with motion sickness is to treat it before you feel queasy. The slightest unease with the waves- and I chew up a couple of tablets right away.    We noticed there were barf bags located in convenient places near the elevators and a few other locations on this trip.

Posted (edited)

On the Miracle now.  When cruising in the open Pacific,  often deck 10 and above are closed.   Too windy per the signs.   The only outdoor available space seems to be on Lido deck.  

The ship has a little rock to it but nothing that has bothered our group.  

General comment.   I'm just realizing how hard it is to get in a bunch of steps on these smaller ships.   My step counter just doesn't go up much like on the bigger ships.    This may be a positive for many.  

Edited by fuddrules
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fuddrules said:

On the Miracle now.  When cruising in the open Pacific,  often deck 10 and above are closed.   Too windy per the signs.   The only outdoor available space seems to be on Lido deck.  

The ship has a little rock to it but nothing that has bothered our group.  

General comment.   I'm just realizing how hard it is to get in a bunch of steps on these smaller ships.   My step counter just doesn't go up much like on the bigger ships.    This may be a positive for many.  

Thanks for the update.