2024 Grand World Voyage with The Inside Cabin

The-Inside-Cabin

22 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I appreciate all the wonderful information you provide and am excited to follow along on in another journey.

Previously, someone posted “art” tours of the various ships.  Was it you?  If it was could you repost the link.  I am specifically looking for the Oosterdam.  

Yes.   You will find it on my home page under the cruise reference drop down menu.    Here is the direct link to all the tours.     Newer ships don't have them.     Some of the tours art has changed.  But they are well done. 

https://www.theinsidecabin.com/holland-america-audio-art-tours/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I hope the RCI cruise goes well - this is their first world I think - also - there are lots of port days on that cruise, LOTS of port days - folks will have to pace themselves.    Does anyone have a blog to follow on that RCI cruise?

If you are on Tik Tok, several of the RCI passengers are posting on Tik Tok, including a 20-something couple, an empty nest couple, and someone planning on working remotely, while on the cruise.  The Today Show had a feature segment on this cruise, since the Tik Tok posts went viral, and have exceeded 100 million views.  Not all Tik Tok posts are from passengers however, and some Tik Tokers are just trying to piggy back on, to increase their clicks.  Most of those posts are either speculation, or pot stirrers.

• Like 1

Once again, thank you for starting this thread!  Post #39 has so much helpful information, especially for someone like me, who is booked on the 2025 World Cruise (and will be a first time HAL/World Cruiser).  I seriously doubt that a HAL CSR, or my travel agent would have provided this much useful information, especially the under bed dimensions for storing unused luggage.  The links for sample meals, entertainment, special events, which would require advance wardrobe planning, and activities, are also extremely helpful.  On you past World cruises, has the onboard dance team, or dance instructors, given any dance exercise classes, such as Zumba?  If not, I'm sure that I can get my daily steps in, by walking on the Promenade Deck, but taking some type of aerobics class would be a bonus.

I will continue to follow along, and appreciate all of the information provided!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, meg1021 said:

Once again, thank you for starting this thread!  Post #39 has so much helpful information, especially for someone like me, who is booked on the 2025 World Cruise (and will be a first time HAL/World Cruiser).  I seriously doubt that a HAL CSR, or my travel agent would have provided this much useful information, especially the under bed dimensions for storing unused luggage.  The links for sample meals, entertainment, special events, which would require advance wardrobe planning, and activities, are also extremely helpful.  On you past World cruises, has the onboard dance team, or dance instructors, given any dance exercise classes, such as Zumba?  If not, I'm sure that I can get my daily steps in, by walking on the Promenade Deck, but taking some type of aerobics class would be a bonus.

I will continue to follow along, and appreciate all of the information provided!

On HAL World Cruises a passenger @no-name-at-all usually coordinates a passenger-led ZUMBA session.   I don't think the ship leads that type of class.   I could be wrong - others can chime in if they are in the know here.  

33 minutes ago, meg1021 said:

If you are on Tik Tok, several of the RCI passengers are posting on Tik Tok, including a 20-something couple, an empty nest couple, and someone planning on working remotely, while on the cruise.  The Today Show had a feature segment on this cruise, since the Tik Tok posts went viral, and have exceeded 100 million views.  Not all Tik Tok posts are from passengers however, and some Tik Tokers are just trying to piggy back on, to increase their clicks.  Most of those posts are either speculation, or pot stirrers.

Thanks - 100 million - wow!

In my experience, Brazil has always been a pain concerning tourist visas.  In 2003 we went from Santiago to Rio via Antarctica on the Amsterdam.  No visas required, but when we arrived in Rio the authorities came aboard to harass the passengers.  Half of us went to the theater with our passports to meet the authorities.  The other half went to the dining room to get finger printed by the authorities.  Then the reverse.  Lost half a day so most excursions were cancelled.  In 2009 we took the Carnival Splendor from Miami to San Francisco with a stop in Brazil.  My TA was told by Carnival that no visas were required for Brazil.  Went to CC about ten days before the sailing and found that you couldn't board without a visa.  Sent the passport to their embassy in Miami and got it on time.  Saw more than 100 passengers couldn't board and stayed overnight in Miami, visiting the embassy and meeting the ship at the next port.  Incidentally, that was when I found how useful Cruise Critic was.

Ray

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

On HAL World Cruises a passenger @no-name-at-all usually coordinates a passenger-led ZUMBA session.   I don't think the ship leads that type of class.   I could be wrong - others can chime in if they are in the know here.  

Thanks, Pete, for mentioning my "video" zumba classes.  (I download YouTube videos and we all dance to those on a big screen.) HAL is the only cruise line that I know that never contracted with Zumba to offer classes.  Therefore, they allow me to provide what they called an "aerobic dance" class--not allowed to even use the "Zumba" name.

Let me add, that for those who love dance classes, on the 2023 World Cruise some of the ship's singers and dancers lead a class for passengers.  They taught us some dance routines similar to ones that they were doing on stage.  It was just so much fun to pretend to be performers like them --even though many of us (including me!) were nowhere close to being any good at all! 🙂  I am hoping that they will have the same class on the 2024 World Cruise.  I'll keep you posted.

If all goes well, we'll be on the 2024 and 2025 World Cruises.  If you are interested in an  "aerobic dance" class, you can email me, Bonita: no.name.at.all.2018@gmail.com if you like.  I always provide the details at the first meet and greet on the ship.

Bonita 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

In my experience, Brazil has always been a pain concerning tourist visas.  In 2003 we went from Santiago to Rio via Antarctica on the Amsterdam.  No visas required, but when we arrived in Rio the authorities came aboard to harass the passengers.  Half of us went to the theater with our passports to meet the authorities.  The other half went to the dining room to get finger printed by the authorities.  Then the reverse.  Lost half a day so most excursions were cancelled. 

I did Rio to Santiago on the Amsterdam in 2004/'05. As a Canadian I needed a tourist visa to enter Brazil (the only country). It was very expensive - I think $248.00 (but was multiple entry and valid for 10 years). It was 'nerve wracking' because I had to apply by mail through a visa agency to the Brazilian embassy in Ottawa, and I only received it three days before I was to fly to Rio.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, no-name-at-all said:

Thanks, Pete, for mentioning my "video" zumba classes.  (I download YouTube videos and we all dance to those on a big screen.) HAL is the only cruise line that I know that never contracted with Zumba to offer classes.  Therefore, they allow me to provide what they called an "aerobic dance" class--not allowed to even use the "Zumba" name.

Let me add, that for those who love dance classes, on the 2023 World Cruise some of the ship's singers and dancers lead a class for passengers.  They taught us some dance routines similar to ones that they were doing on stage.  It was just so much fun to pretend to be performers like them --even though many of us (including me!) were nowhere close to being any good at all! 🙂  I am hoping that they will have the same class on the 2024 World Cruise.  I'll keep you posted.

If all goes well, we'll be on the 2024 and 2025 World Cruises.  If you are interested in an  "aerobic dance" class, you can email me, Bonita: no.name.at.all.2018@gmail.com if you like.  I always provide the details at the first meet and greet on the ship.

Bonita 

Thanks for the information.  I will be on the 2025 World Cruise, and would be happy to participate in a passenger led Zumba class.  Are these classes listed in the Daily Program, or just word of mouth?  Also, the classes by the ship's dancers sound like fun, as well as being great exercise!  I did make a note of your email, and can contact you regarding the 2025 World Cruise.  If you post at all during the 2024 cruise, I'll be sure to follow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meg1021 said:

Thanks for the information.  I will be on the 2025 World Cruise, and would be happy to participate in a passenger led Zumba class.  Are these classes listed in the Daily Program, or just word of mouth?  Also, the classes by the ship's dancers sound like fun, as well as being great exercise!  I did make a note of your email, and can contact you regarding the 2025 World Cruise.  If you post at all during the 2024 cruise, I'll be sure to follow!

It's only word of mouth since it is a privately sponsored program--but open to everyone.  For the 2024 World I  found someone who also has a laptop to help me.  We're alternating sea days to take care of the videos. Maybe you can do the same?  Lots of time to talk before 2025 World.

Bonita

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, oakridger said:

I'll be boarding Zuiderdam on May 11th when you return to Ft. Lauderdale.  I love your blog and posts and will be reading along.  Have a wonderful trip!

~Nancy, Ohio State Alumni

Me too!

• Thanks 1

GRAND WORLD VOYAGE ACTIVITIES (POST #3) 30 DEC 2023

Click "Show More Posts" to show all the links to the other posts for the 2024 World Cruise
Next PostNext Post

Table 89 Feature

Special activities and themed events are highlights of a Grand World Voyage

About 50% of our 128-day Grand World Voyage will be sea days. Most people on longer cruises like sea days as they give you a chance to relax between port visits and enjoy the many amenities the ship offers as well as take part in the numerous activities.

A month before the cruise starts, HAL will provide a list of anticipated theme nights, including dressy and formal nights.

Slide9.jpg This is the activity list we received for the 2024 GWV. In the past, exact dates were listed. Only the month is listed now to allow more flexibility and to deconflict events with changes to port times. Sometimes, a popular entertainer will be onboard, and the ship will avoid scheduling a popular event for the same evening.

Every two weeks, we get an activity and entertainment overview for the next two weeks.   You can find the first one from our 2023 GVW HERE

Here is a video -excerpted from our recent ZOOM meet and greet where I discuss the daily world cruise activities – and then the various theme nights and what you can expect.   The discussion on theme nights starts about 18 minutes in.

Formal Nights have been replaced by “Dressy Nights” on all HAL cruises except Grand Voyages.    We are scheduled to have eight formal nights on this cruise – but some may be combined. – for example, the Zuiderdam Ball and the Captain’s Welcome will probably occur the same evening.

Activities.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Here is a list of the typical daily activities on a World Cruise

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg There is a lot to choose from every day to stay busy

Coming next – Flying to Fort Lauderdale on New Year’s Eve!

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh I so enjoy your "come on our adventure" threads. I can cruise vicariously. Dh is now off cruising so this is fun. We have been land travelers since our last cruise (which resulted in Covid). We have spent over 2 months on French soil in the past 2 years so no complaints but I do miss the sea and cruising life. Can't wait for your lovely posts!!

• Thanks 1