Nieuw Amsterdam drydock results?

RMS Olympic

Does anyone know how much was accomplished during her drydock this month? Was it mostly mechanical or was the interior refreshed….decor, carpeting, cabin bedding?

Thanks for any info and or photos.

And a happy new year to all😎

• Like 1

Hi…I was told on a FB feed there is new carpet in Dining Room, Lido and at least some staterooms. BB King is now the Rolling Stone Rock Room so a signage change there for sure (not sure if anything else). That’s all I know but I am curious to hear and see more as well 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redbanshee said:

Hi…I was told on a FB feed there is new carpet in Dining Room, Lido and at least some staterooms. BB King is now the Rolling Stone Rock Room so a signage change there for sure (not sure if anything else). That’s all I know but I am curious to hear and see more as well 😁

Nieuw Amsterdam is our favorite ship, so where is BB Kings now? 

56 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Nieuw Amsterdam is our favorite ship, so where is BB Kings now? 

From what I know it is no longer on the ship (not enough space) but Rock Room will be playing diverse music and may include some stuff BB King played 

8 minutes ago, redbanshee said:

From what I know it is no longer on the ship (not enough space) but Rock Room will be playing diverse music and may include some stuff BB King played 

Hopefully that will work as the main showroom is a complete joke with lack of entertainment.

We just got off the ship today. It seemed very nice and fresh. The carpet in our stateroom was new. Elevators were always empty, but I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the drydock. 🙂  Everything was great! The only thing that could have been better was warmer temps, but that didn't have anything to do with the dry dock either. 

As far as the music goes, we were not huge fans of the female half of the dueling pianos. She played and sang everything too fast and very choppy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redbanshee said:

Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam still have BB Kings (in the same location as before).  The four Vista class ships lost BB Kings and got Rolling Stone Lounge.  Rolling Stone Rock Room is only on the three Pinnacle class ships, which also have a separate BB Kings venue.

Sue/WDW1972

9 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam still have BB Kings (in the same location as before).  The four Vista class ships lost BB Kings and got Rolling Stone Lounge.  Rolling Stone Rock Room is only on the three Pinnacle class ships, which also have a separate BB Kings venue.

Sue/WDW1972

There was no BB King on our cruise on The Nieuw Amsterdam. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

That's interesting - there should have been.  Deck 2, midship, old Queens Lounge location.  What was there if not BB Kings?

Sue/WDW1972

Just now, wdw1972 said:

That's interesting - there should have been.  Deck 2, midship, old Queens Lounge location.  What was there if not BB Kings?

Sue/WDW1972

There was the Billboard Onboard and the Rolling Stone Lounge. They played various music and people seemed to like dancing to it.  🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Guinness1000 said:

There was the Billboard Onboard and the Rolling Stone Lounge. They played various music and people seemed to like dancing to it.  🙂

I wonder if you could tell us if they did a refresh/any changes to the Explorers Lounge. On our Alaska cruise in May it seemed like an underutilized venue since the Lincoln Center stage left 

On 12/30/2023 at 5:01 PM, wdw1972 said:

Sue/WDW1972

HAL was previously licensing ($$$$) the BB King name and the Lincoln Center name and are ending those deals.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, redbanshee said:

I wonder if you could tell us if they did a refresh/any changes to the Explorers Lounge. On our Alaska cruise in May it seemed like an underutilized venue since the Lincoln Center stage left 

To be honest with you, I had to look up on the app where that was on the ship and it seems it was one of those places we just walked by. In other words, it was one of those places we didn't really notice, so maybe it is the most underutilized venue.  😕

• Haha 1

We were on the New Amsterdam Dec 16.  The BB King lounge is now the Rolling stone Lounge. It looks the same but different music.  The band was adequate and the music was more rock-n-roll oriented.  IMO BB King was far superior.  

So basically sounds like they're saving money by no longer licensing the names, then just turning the music from being genre-specific back to more general, wedding singer type music acts.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, Guinness1000 said:

As far as the music goes, we were not huge fans of the female half of the dueling pianos. She played and sang everything too fast and very choppy. 

My wife and I liked Tammy. We were in the piano bar every night.

2 hours ago, Himself said:

I have been traveling HAL since 1996.  We always had Classical music with strings. I am sad they have taken this from us.

Zaandam currently has Cello and piano Duo playing late afternoons into the early evenings 

20231220_154129.jpg

• Like 2

The Nieuw Statendam just came out of drydock in November with significant changes to meet future ADA compliances, such as automatic doors that open to venues as well as to accessible staterooms and bathrooms.  I believe this meets the upcoming 2027 compliance standards.  Therefore, I am fairly certain that the Nieuw Amsterdam went through the same update.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cabin 5001 was remodelled. It now has a full sized couch and less desk/counter space in the cabin than pictured in Halfacts.  https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5001-nieuw-amsterdam/

The new configuration seems to have switched the locations of the tub and shower so that the shower is roomier

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4634.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_0971.jpeg

IMG_0972.jpeg

Edited by landlocked12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, landlocked12 said:

Cabin 5001 was remodelled. It now has a full sized couch and less desk/counter space in the cabin than pictured in Halfacts.

Please submit these pics to Halfacts.  It is from submissions such as this that the information is gathered.    Mail them to pictures at halfacts dot com (no spaces!).

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 7:56 PM, Guinness1000 said:

This makes me sad - one of the reasons we choose NA was because of BBKingd 💔