Apparently nobody wants to pay for loft 19

USU_Aggie

1 hour ago, Iheartcruisin2 said:

How close to the sail date have you seen these posted? Would love to snag one on an upcoming cruise in April. 

about 3 weeks before sailing

They lowered them from $2,250 to $2,000 for my Jubilee cruise as well. Cabana's 1-12 appear to be available. I'm guessing that's all of them. I'm holding out for $50. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Unless you have a large group to slit it. I'm not sure the normal family is going to pay for that. I checked it out for hubby and I and the price was quoted at $2,000.... Way to much for us. Only two people. Not worth it to me. 

• 5 months later...

On the Jubilee this past week, I saw a sign on Serenity next to the stairs leading up to Loft 19 that listed the daily price for the cabanas at $500 for sea days and $250 for port days.  Next time we get $500 obc, I might just take them up on it!!  

2 hours ago, CarolSW said:

On the Jubilee this past week, I saw a sign on Serenity next to the stairs leading up to Loft 19 that listed the daily price for the cabanas at $500 for sea days and $250 for port days.  Next time we get $500 obc, I might just take them up on it!!  

That $500 OBC could be used on the craps table instead!  That's where I'll be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems like there's definitely a market for it but Carnival is trying to figure out how to price it.

Many cruise lines (Celebrity and MSC to name two) are starting to try this "ship within a ship" idea and have found great success. I'm glad Carnival is trying to offer something more upscale to those who want it beyond the Havana area which doesn't seem that "upscale," or maybe it's just an old idea that needs refreshed too.

2 hours ago, notscb said:

Seems like there's definitely a market for it but Carnival is trying to figure out how to price it.

Many cruise lines (Celebrity and MSC to name two) are starting to try this "ship within a ship" idea and have found great success. I'm glad Carnival is trying to offer something more upscale to those who want it beyond the Havana area which doesn't seem that "upscale," or maybe it's just an old idea that needs refreshed too.

On an Elite cruise, I had an invitation to a party in the Havana pool area

on the Venezia.  It was not impressive.  I hope Loft 19 is better/fancier.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Or you could just take your free cruise and say thanks….just sayin

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Loft 19 is certainly nicer. On the Venezia TA I had access to the Havana area and while it was nice for the views and some relaxation, it certainly is a big step down from the Havana areas with pools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Loft 19 is certainly nicer. On the Venezia TA I had access to the Havana area and while it was nice for the views and some relaxation, it certainly is a big step down from the Havana areas with pools. 

Kind of tough to add pools after the fact.....

For me, there’s so many variables.

Since I’m cruising most of the time with kids, no I wouldn’t spend the money because I wouldn’t have the time to do enjoy it to get my monies worth. If it were a couples cruise, maybe… but even then, $2k is really out of my budget.

I was just on the Jubilee in June and I never saw them sold out or busy. 

7 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

For me, there’s so many variables.

Since I’m cruising most of the time with kids, no I wouldn’t spend the money because I wouldn’t have the time to do enjoy it to get my monies worth. If it were a couples cruise, maybe… but even then, $2k is really out of my budget.

I was just on the Jubilee in June and I never saw them sold out or busy. 

We have similar variables.  I am curious, what price would entice you?

On 7/14/2024 at 11:23 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Kind of tough to add pools after the fact.....

I'm sure they could have added an above deck four foot pool if they wanted to. BTW, it is not the Havana area on the Venezia and Firenze, it's called the Terrazza area. I wouldn't  pay Havana prices for these areas. 😎 

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I'm sure they could have added an above deck four foot pool if they wanted to. BTW, it is not the Havana area on the Venezia and Firenze, it's called the Terrazza area. I wouldn't  pay Havana prices for these areas. 😎 

I would have to take a look at the plans to see what is below that area, but the migration was way to quick to add on the fly.  Probably a moot point anyways.  I am not interested in the area without the pool (unless significantly cheaper than Havana).  We will be on the ship beginning of next month for a TA event,  No tours scheduled, but I will ensure I get a chance to walk around some.  I know you have but want my eyes on the product.

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I would have to take a look at the plans to see what is below that area, but the migration was way to quick to add on the fly.  Probably a moot point anyways.  I am not interested in the area without the pool (unless significantly cheaper than Havana).  We will be on the ship beginning of next month for a TA event,  No tours scheduled, but I will ensure I get a chance to walk around some.  I know you have but want my eyes on the product.

We like the ship and we'll be doing another B2B on her the end of August, but the Terrazza area without the pool is a disappointment. They charge the same as the Havana area on the Vista Class ships, which is a hard no for us as well. 😎

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We like the ship and we'll be doing another B2B on her the end of August, but the Terrazza area without the pool is a disappointment. They charge the same as the Havana area on the Vista Class ships, which is a hard no for us as well. 😎

Cannot argue with any of that.

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I agree no pool is upsetting but the terrarzza area out of NY is a game changer. No riff raff and a place to call my own. On my last cruise it was quiet, peaceful and had very few people most of the day. Booked it again in a few weeks just for that. I cannot stomach the summer NY carnival sailings anymore. This changed my mind. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We have similar variables.  I am curious, what price would entice you?

Honestly, maybe $500…but I can’t imagine spending more than that. There’s just too many other things I’d rather spend the money on. 

1 minute ago, kelkel2 said:

Honestly, maybe $500…but I can’t imagine spending more than that. There’s just too many other things I’d rather spend the money on. 

We got to tour the Mardi Gras when she first came over as part of a TA event.  This was the day before her first sailing.  Doing the tour, I was very impressed with Loft 19.  The employee that was there to explain how it worked was asked how much it was to go (other than staying in the suites than include it - which we have done 4 times) how much it cost, and she said she did not know.  Later before leaving at the end of the day, we swung by guest services and asked the same question,  They said that the the pricing had not be set yet.

We sailed on the very next sailing and found out the cost then.  I was shocked as to how high it was.  During further conversations I found out that the sales for Loft 19 were going very strong.  I had hopes that the prices would settle down.  We are going the TA of the MG next year was decided to late to get an Aft Excel corner suite (my fav room in the fleet) which includes Loft 19.  I still do not think I will pay these prices, even for that many sea days.  

Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:45 AM, jimbo5544 said:

We got to tour the Mardi Gras when she first came over as part of a TA event.  This was the day before her first sailing.  Doing the tour, I was very impressed with Loft 19.  The employee that was there to explain how it worked was asked how much it was to go (other than staying in the suites than include it - which we have done 4 times) how much it cost, and she said she did not know.  Later before leaving at the end of the day, we swung by guest services and asked the same question,  They said that the the pricing had not be set yet.

We sailed on the very next sailing and found out the cost then.  I was shocked as to how high it was.  During further conversations I found out that the sales for Loft 19 were going very strong.  I had hopes that the prices would settle down.  We are going the TA of the MG next year was decided to late to get an Aft Excel corner suite (my fav room in the fleet) which includes Loft 19.  I still do not think I will pay these prices, even for that many sea days.  

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I think it would greatly depend on the number of sea days. If there’s only 2 sea days I don’t know that it’s really worth it. Now for a TA or something I could see it. I would love to try one of the corner suites one day, that would be amazing! 

• Like 1