Do we need to line up early for shows, activities if we have reservations?

tbmrt

Normally, people with reservations can enter the area about 10 minutes early.  At about 5 minutes (when the reservation line is in), they take people from the standby line.  I was surprised to see people lining up 30 minutes early, but I guess it depends on how much control you want over seating.  We'd show up about 15 minutes early with reservations and that always worked fine....beyond the shock at seeing the long line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only one I would advise arriving early for is It’s a Ship Show. Generally for that show the earlier you are the better table (that suits your party size) you will get.

In the Red Room it is less important to be early. 

Edited by jon81uk
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2023 at 6:44 AM, jon81uk said:

In the Red Room it is less important to be early. 

The one exception might be Persephone (or it's equivalent on the other ships...Duel Reality maybe?).  In the case of Persephone at least, there's a section to stand on the floor.  If you're planning to do that, then timing doesn't matter as much.  But there are also seats on the upper level that are a little bit limited.  If you want a decent seat there, arriving a bit early helps.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Tralfaz1138 said:

The one exception might be Persephone (or it's equivalent on the other ships...Duel Reality maybe?).  In the case of Persephone at least, there's a section to stand on the floor.  If you're planning to do that, then timing doesn't matter as much.  But there are also seats on the upper level that are a little bit limited.  If you want a decent seat there, arriving a bit early helps.

UntitledDancePartyShowThing is the standing show on Scarlet and Valiant, but I don’t think the view from the balcony is great. But for standing at Untitled you can get in late without an issue most of the time.

Duel Reality is seated and the balcony is for latecomers as the main seating can’t be accessed once the show starts.

Edited by jon81uk

52 minutes ago, cheryl8503 said:

If you have rockstar status will it be necessary to line up an hour before shows?

generally I think rockstar has a seperate line.

But don’t need to line up an hour before even if not rockstar. For Its a Ship Show then yes 20-30 minutes before to get allocated a good table. For the unreserved shows like Around the World with the Diva it depends when doors open, but as it’s not ticketed there might not be any staff to separate rockstars, its first come.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:49 AM, CruisingWalter said:

Around the world in 80 Minutes with the Diva, folks usually start lining up about an hour before the show. That's in The Manor, first come, first served. 

from some recent voyage pics i've see, it looks like Carlos (not sure which ship she's on - i think valiant, but i'm not 100% sure!) has moved up to the big leagues - VV has retooled the show, and it's now only an hour, takes place in the red room, and has a full set of backup dancers!  it looks EVEN better than before.  i'd imagine it's a ticketed event now vs. first come first serve.

• Like 2

Carlos is WAY above the typical Divas that we've had on other sailings.  Our first Diva was good, second "just OK,"  Third good, and then there was Carlos.  NO comparison to the other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 3:23 PM, rebeccac said:

Carlos was on Valiant for Thanksgiving and at that time, her show was still in the Manor, I would love to see this new version!

Carlos was on Valiant during our sailing last week. It was the new version - ticketed event in the Red Room. It was awesome! I arrived 10 minutes before starting and the venue was very full. The only reason I had a decent seat was because I was by myself. 

They do need to start doing the Disneyworld thing of yelling at people to move down every row and fill in every available seat in the Red Room. There is often quite a lot of spare seats as groups leave an empty seat between themselves and the next group. Now the ships are busier it would help if people filled every seat properly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 5:57 PM, cantgetin said:

Carlos is WAY above the typical Divas that we've had on other sailings.  Our first Diva was good, second "just OK,"  Third good, and then there was Carlos.  NO comparison to the other.

I see that Carlos is leaving VL mid March. We sail her March 23rd; do you think there's any chance VV will extend the contract?

Just now, cheryl8503 said:

I see that Carlos is leaving VL mid March. We sail her March 23rd; do you think there's any chance VV will extend the contract?

There is always a chance--depending on what he has planned for after he leaves the ship and what might happen to the person who is to replace him.  Example--if his replacement gets sick, will VV ask Carlos whether he can stick around for another sailing?  Possibly.  Do I think it is likely?  No.