LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

The all important first impressions…have sailed Gem,  Breakaway, B+ and Epic.  Again, only saw the first bar and restaurant, but WOW!  This is a different (in a good way) NCL ship.  Upscale from what I’ve seen.  

Just had a seat in the Haven Bar, so will include more first impressions later!

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

The all important first impressions…have sailed Gem,  Breakaway, B+ and Epic.  Again, only saw the first bar and restaurant, but WOW!  This is a different (in a good way) NCL ship.  Upscale from what I’ve seen.  

Just had a seat in the Haven Bar, so will include more first impressions later!

IMG_2515.jpeg

Maria!!!! She's going to make you some amazing drinks this week!!!

• Like 4

Dan, just realized that your companion - GF isn't traveling with you on this cruise ... work scheduling, huh.  Have a blast and an official bon voyage from NY ... it's wet & cloudy - rather be somewhere floating, looking forward to your live report, observations & opinions, got a few folks on the roll call following along.  

Looked like NCL is unloading quite a few sacks in the name of waste management at the port - room for new provisions, that's good.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Dan, just realized that your companion - GF isn't traveling with you on this cruise ... work scheduling, huh.  Have a blast and an official bon voyage from NY ... it's wet & cloudy - rather be somewhere floating, looking forward to your live report, observations & opinions, got a few folks on the roll call following along.  

Looked like NCL is unloading quite a few sacks in the name of waste management at the port - room for new provisions, that's good.  

7 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Yeah…that’s a “thing”….me being retired and not wanting to be one of those sedate retirees and her still working with a restrictive schedule.  

• Like 1

Forgot to answer questions…

Port Haven waiting area?  Meh!  It’s a bunch of seats with access to juice, coffee and snacks.  

Messaging?  Don’t know as I’m not using that app!

And, will try to remember but no guarantees, the first “daily”.  Now, to unpack and Muster check in!

IMG_2532.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We sailed on the Prima in 11/2022, also in an HE, on a western Caribbean itinerary. Loved the ship and thought the Haven was beautiful and an incredible experience. (Our first time staying in it and we can't go back to gen pop.)

My only quibble is that other than very early in the morning, the balcony was never all that peaceful. There was always some noise from the pool and sundeck on deck 8. Never excessive, but also never quiet. Would love to know if you find it to be the same.

• Like 1

We arrived pier about 1015.    Very smooth. Haven security line. We were only one in it.scanned bags.  No line to get cards. No one in haven waiting area. Only slow down was elevators to haven. 

having lunch outdoors. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

First things first..

IMG_2516.jpeg

Glad to see you're aboard! And at the bar. I'm a little worried for you though as the bar behind your drink seems a little depleted. I mean that Maker's Mark bottle looks rather lonely! Hopefully they will be restocking today.

If you get a chance could you post a pic of the Haven bar menu? Also confirm that they do have Blanton's in the Haven. Thanks and have a great time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We arrived pier about 1015.    Very smooth. Haven security line. We were only one in it.scanned bags.  No line to get cards. No one in haven waiting area. Only slow down was elevators to haven. 

having lunch outdoors. 

Missed you by about 15 mins.  Just goes to show how just a little time one way or another makes such a difference!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@mking8288

@graphicguy

Do you know if we already use libby on ipad or cell -- can we access the digital on the NCL prima?

I see it on the Daily? 

TYIA

As long as you've downloaded the content ahead to your Libby, your content should be available.  I use mine all the time when I'm camping and it's fine as long as I've downloaded it already.

(And Libby is just the best!)

Edited by DuckTollerFans
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bluefish17 said:

Glad to see you're aboard! And at the bar. I'm a little worried for you though as the bar behind your drink seems a little depleted. I mean that Maker's Mark bottle looks rather lonely! Hopefully they will be restocking today.

If you get a chance could you post a pic of the Haven bar menu? Also confirm that they do have Blanton's in the Haven. Thanks and have a great time.

Took a big gulp of that  Bloody Mary. score taking the pic. Followed it up with another, too.

Lunch….then, explore.

Lobster Bisque and salad!

IMG_2543.jpeg

IMG_2544.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DuckTollerFans said:

As long as you've downloaded the content ahead to your Libby, your content should be available.  I use mine all the time when I'm camping and it's fine as long as I've downloaded it already.

(And Libby is just the best!)

Right

What I am wondering is that the Daily mentions the largest library "at sea" and using libby-- see right hand column --left page of his Daily pic post #236. We sail Prima on a TA later in spring and just curious about this feature

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Right

What I am wondering is that the Daily mentions the largest library "at sea" and using libby-- see right hand column --left page of his Daily pic post #236. We sail Prima on a TA later in spring and just curious about this feature

Oh wow - I didn't see that. Very cool.   I am **guessing** if you already have the app, it would be like adding a new library to your account and then having access.  I hope they add that to other ships, too.

• Like 1