Aboard Serenity Jan 5-18: Renewing the Adventure

gmarsh

22 hours ago, moto_italia said:

As someone who is looking for a new cruise line to move toward, and someone who is not particularly interested in decades old music, it seems that Crystal may not be a place that meets my music interests.  That said, it doesn't mean that we wouldn't consider Crystal, it's just that it seems to be firmly walking on the side of the line that addresses its older customers' musical interests. Please correct me if I'm off on this, as there seems to be so much else to like about Crystal.

This is the issue with Regent and Seabourn also, both of which I have sailed on numerous times recently. To the musicians its as if there was no music created after 1985. It's all hustle all the time.  The only hope is that there is a DJ that has music files from this century!!  I leave the same complaints on the comment cards every time.  On a different front, My mission on my upcoming Crystal cruise is to do whatever it takes to get the cruise director to have ballroom music, even if its only a DJ, in the Stardust Club as often as possible like it was "back in the day."  By the second day I'm certain that he or she will hide in his or her office when they see me coming!!

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, History&Wine said:

I've seen some rather questionable carpet design choices on the refurbished Serenity.  I  like the carpet in your room. 

That is not a renovated suite

54 minutes ago, BEAV said:

I’d have a mighty tough time with tonight’s menu…

No, not because everything fails to appeal.

QUITE the opposite. 🙄

Thanks for posting. Are the Reflections available in paper copy in the rooms? Or do we have to make a special request for that with our butler when we board?

18 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Thanks for posting. Are the Reflections available in paper copy in the rooms? Or do we have to make a special request for that with our butler when we board?

Paper copies are available every day at the reception desk. We asked our butler the first day onboard for daily paper copies. I do not believe it is automatic unless you specifically request a hard copy. We receive the next day’s Reflections in our “mail slot” everyday around 6p. 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

I’d have a mighty tough time with tonight’s menu…

No, not because everything fails to appeal.

QUITE the opposite. 🙄

When you’re onboard and the “cotton candy” dessert is on the menu, run, do not walk, do not “pass go”, etc. etc. The presentation itself is worth its own video. Even if you don’t like sweets, it’s worth the visual. (Sorry, but I don’t bring my phone to dinner, or I’d record it.) 

Rob

• Like 3

For those that enjoy a wee bit of gin sampling in your suite (or discreetly on your balcony), the sampler selection keeps multiplying. These are in addition to the regularly replenished supply of bourbon, vodka, wine, beers and soft drinks.

Most of these gins, but not all, are also available in the bars. We were not familiar with many of these gins. I assure you, they are not going to waste.  🍸🍸

Rob

IMG_8970.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ryndam said:

For those that enjoy a wee bit of gin sampling in your suite (or discreetly on your balcony), the sampler selection keeps multiplying

Nice - so how does one arrange the samples? Ask the butler I guess? 

Hope they have that option available next month 

I’ll skip those whiskeys but happy to see some new gins being stocked 

Edited by Stickman1990

2 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Nice - so how does one arrange the samples? Ask the butler I guess? 

Terry, Aquamarine and up get them automatically. Not certain about the other categories. Lots of other new gins in the bars, too.

Rob

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Terry, Aquamarine and up get them automatically. Not certain about the other categories. Lots of other new gins in the bars, too.

Rob

Thanks Rob - great to see you and Jim are having a good cruise and so lucky to have Mark Farris serenading you too - say hi to him for me

I did try one of the new gins when on Symphony for a visit recently - very aromatic 

IMG_7728.thumb.jpeg.bfecfc575b26123902f1fec8b918667b.jpeg

Thanks for the gin posts!  Looking forward to martinis, gin and tonics... 

@ryndam  I don't understand.  You mean there are gins (or other libations) that are available for room consumption, but not bar consumption?

And one other question for those on board:  Does New Crystal have an app?  I can't find one, and I know many lines are using apps for any number of things.

Thanks!

Dwight

On 1/8/2024 at 11:17 PM, ryndam said:

Aquamarine and up.

Actually, our friends on deck seven were in an Oceanview and got the little snack things every late afternoon from their butler.

Our butler, otoh, for our desk nine double with a veranda got them to us exactly ONCE. I guess he couldn’t handle all his 18 of our category plus the rest (mostly sapphire but a couple of handicapped-accessible aquamarines and Jr CPs). 

27 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Thanks for the gin posts!  Looking forward to martinis, gin and tonics... 

@ryndam  I don't understand.  You mean there are gins (or other libations) that are available for room consumption, but not bar consumption?

And one other question for those on board:  Does New Crystal have an app?  I can't find one, and I know many lines are using apps for any number of things.

Thanks!

Dwight

Dwight, surprisingly there are some of these sampler gins in the cabins but not in the bars. And vice versa. No telling. There’s enough gin onboard to submerge the entire UK.

There is a new Crystal app that can be downloaded once onboard. The computer guy did it for us in about 10 seconds. I’m not sure it can be downloaded until onboard.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Thanks Rob - great to see you and Jim are having a good cruise and so lucky to have Mark Farris serenading you too - say hi to him for me

I did try one of the new gins when on Symphony for a visit recently - very aromatic 

IMG_7728.thumb.jpeg.bfecfc575b26123902f1fec8b918667b.jpeg

Love the Opihr. And the Thomas Dakin. We agree. 😁😁

IMG_8947.jpeg

Edited by ryndam
Typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ryndam said:

Dwight, surprisingly there are some of these sampler gins in the cabins but not in the bars. And vice versa. No telling. There’s enough gin onboard to submerge the entire UK.

There is a new Crystal app that can be downloaded once onboard. The computer guy did it for us in about 10 seconds. I’m not sure it can be downloaded until onboard.

Rob

Rob that's correct.  The app can only be set up on the ship and once you leave it doesn't work since it uses the intranet site.

I added the app to my phone and also bookmarked it on my web-browsers on my computer.

The samplers were interesting. They were in our room and I just assumed someone had left them from the previous cruise until I asked about a week into the cruise.  🤣  I never consumed any so that other could enjoy.  🤣 My focus was on the wine and the sashimi.  😄

Keith

And a wonderful morning to all!

We’re in Antigua today, day 6 and all is finally well as we slip into our routine.

Having survived the initial rapture of being back on board and gorging with food and drink, my Apple Watch tells me that I have achieved an acceptable level of slothful exercise.

I continue to ask various Crew about how they came to be on Crystal.  One fellow has Crystal sister who married a Crystal guy and now he and his Broinlaw are together on Serenity.  It really is a family.

Happy day😘

• Like 3

Hi guys…I just can’t seem to grasp the issue with synchronization of photos on IPad and iPhone…

Got a chance to ride the tender in and back and practice my poor French while here in Les Saintes.   Very cool little islet just off Guadeloupe.  As we left Antigua last night we saw a “house” fire…I can’t get the pic so here’s a frigate bird instead.

I went to the future cruises desk this AM and reviewed future cruises with them.  I was told the bookings for 2024-2025 are very strong, plenty space available still, but they expect to be very busy as the Crystals come back from others cruise lines.  For instance, Christmas’24 is almost full🎅🏻.

See you in the lunch line😘🍷

G

• Like 2