Equinox vs Beyond

ja940

Here’s our choice - we are holding a sky suite on 9 night Equinox for $8800 and a sky suite on 11 night Beyond for $16200.  
Both are southern Caribbean and within 3 weeks of each other late Jan and mid Feb 2024. Been on 25+ Celebrity cruises but never on the new Edge class. First cruise since Covid. Really interested in the new class. What to do??

I don’t presume to know what you should do, but I can share that DH and I had a similar dilemma and ended up choosing the Equinox due to the huge difference in cost.

Since the re-start, we have had 4 cruises on Edge-class ships, 3 in the Retreat and 1 in AquaClass. We opted for AquaClass on the Equinox rather than the Retreat, because we love Blu on the Solstice-class ships and didn’t find the retro-fitted Retreat areas as appealing as those on the new ships.

Just my 2 cents, I am sure you will have a great cruise either way!

Book a cheaper cabin on the Beyond.  

We were on the Beyond in March.   A very nice ship.   Spent very little time in the Retreat areas.   Too many other nice places on the ship.   Luminae is very large dining room and the menu isn’t that great.  

We were on the Silhouette in Nov.   We felt the  cuts really affected the suite experience. Again didn’t spend much time in the retreat areas.  Ordered many items off of the MDR menu because the selections weren’t that appealing in Luminae.  

The prices that are being charged for a suite isn’t worth it.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

I second that to book a less expensive stateroom on the Beyond. Or if you can possibly wait until after Easter when there is less demand and more choices.  In the other hand if $$ are not an issue go for it!! 

14 hours ago, ja940 said:

Problem is there are no cabins left on Beyond other than Suites...we just are booking now...thanks for your replies. 

That is because  the prices are too high.   Not worth it 

Do Equinox and book a cruise on an edge class ship in a lower category when on board or get a future cruise certificate and book one later.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅