How to place a cabin hold?

Oceangoer2

I've tried every which way to place a hold with no success.  Found an old thread here but advice doesn't work;  I suspect the 'trick' has been programmed out.  Or is this only a glitch when booking from Canada?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've tried every which way to place a hold with no success.  Found an old thread here but advice doesn't work;  I suspect the 'trick' has been programmed out.  Or is this only a glitch when booking from Canada?

I don't have a hold reservation when I do a mock booking 

48 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I don't have a hold reservation when I do a mock booking 

The US and Canadian websites have different layouts and options. A travel agent can arrange a hold/option on a stateroom.

Just now, BytownMatt said:

The US and Canadian websites have different layouts and options. A travel agent can arrange a hold/option on a stateroom.

Unfortunately I don't have a travel agent.

I've found that you can't do a hold on the website if within the final payment period. I've been able to call and get them to do a 48 hr hold before even within the final payment period.

14 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On the website if you book through to the summary page there is a button at the bottom to hold vs continue to book

image.thumb.png.f3bb6107180cd4765bdfa0a78ef1ebeb.png

Thanks for that....but no button.  I've seen it in the past, but here in Canada (I've tried 3 different browsers) there's no 'button'...or way around placing a hold.

Thanks all for your help.  Finally able to contact my CVP and booked the cruise without having to place a hold for a specific cabin.  Wish they'd fix the glitch if that's what it is and not their intention to block some of us from holding a cabin.