Reaching Gold before next cruise question

We have a 8 day Cruise scheduled for later in the year, we're both currently Red. However, we are 3 days shy of Gold. If we take a 3/4 day before our 8 day, will we get our Gold status on the 8 day cruise already scheduled? Is that more of a ask CCL question?

You don't have to take another cruise before your 8-day cruise.  You will be gold from the start of your cruise, as long as you make gold by the end of that cruise.  That said, the only differences in being gold are:

1) Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises Redeemable at any bar on the last evening of the cruise after 5 p.m.

2) Gold VIFP pin on every sailing Redeemable at the Photo Gallery no later than two days before the end of the cruise

Have a great cruise🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Gold level also awards u with a free 1.5 L bottle of water…per gold level person (pick up at any bar).

Red gets that too though.

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You don't have to take another cruise before your 8-day cruise.  You will be gold from the start of your cruise, as long as you make gold by the end of that cruise. 

This is 100% accurate.  I was at 20 days before I embarked on Elation for a 5-night cruise.  I would hit gold on my last night, and I was gold from night 1.