Princess, get it together please!

shiner6

1.I have pre-paid for my entire cruise costs including the Premier Package.  It is my understanding that 2 Meals at the Specialty restaurant are included. Why did Princess charge me for the 2 Specialty dining reservations if they are supposed to be included? I like to have my dinner reservations made ahead of time, especially on an excursion heavy trip. 

2. I wished to upgrade my room from inside to obstructed window, so I called my big box TA and they called Princess. The cost for the upgrade was more than twice as much on their current website price. I refused the offer. I sent an email to Princess last month, but no reply so far.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

There is a problem with the Princess computer systems because I too tried to book up my 2 SD meals and was going to be charged even though I too have Premier. I think it is a systems bug because others have said they didn't have a problem.

Without wanting to be rude about Princess it does appear that their IT department is total crap!

Cancel your paid reservations and make your reservations immediately upon boarding.

Call the DINE line or visit your preferred restaurant. Someone at each venue will take your reservations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Cancel your paid reservations and make your reservations immediately upon boarding.

Call the DINE line or visit your preferred restaurant. Someone at each venue will take your reservations.

This depends on how crowded ship. We are on now I tried to book Rudy at 10:30 embarkation day it was full for 10 days. Crown was full except for 5:30 and 830

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rmyoung said:

This depends on how crowded ship. We are on now I tried to book Rudy at 10:30 embarkation day it was full for 10 days. Crown was full except for 5:30 and 830

This is why I paid for them.  I will try to sort it out on board, what a hassle though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Dump the big box TA and get a legit one.

I believe you jumped to conclusions. MY TA is not at fault, it is Princess who will not allow booking until onboard unless you prepay. This speaks rather poorly of promoting the packages which seem to allow this.

1 hour ago, shiner6 said:

I believe you jumped to conclusions. MY TA is not at fault, it is Princess who will not allow booking until onboard unless you prepay. This speaks rather poorly of promoting the packages which seem to allow this.

Unfortunately there is a current glitch with the APP. I have the Premier package for a 4 day on Discovery in Feb 2024 and a 7 day on Ruby in April. A few weeks ago, the APP allowed me to make my 2 SD reservations and recognized I had dining credits so there was no charge. I made these on the ‘Old’ APP, but saw a YouTuber report recently the old and new APP is not recognizing Premier pkg dining credits.

As far as you trying to upgrade, something does not sound right, did you get an explanation why Princess was quoting more than double than what you were seeing in the website. Why did your TA need to call Princess, as upgrading your booking should be doable with their booking software.

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Unfortunately there is a current glitch with the APP. I have the Premier package for a 4 day on Discovery in Feb 2024 and a 7 day on Ruby in April. A few weeks ago, the APP allowed me to make my 2 SD reservations and recognized I had dining credits so there was no charge. I made these on the ‘Old’ APP, but saw a YouTuber report recently the old and new APP is not recognizing Premier pkg dining credits.

As far as you trying to upgrade, something does not sound right, did you get an explanation why Princess was quoting more than double than what you were seeing in the website. Why did your TA need to call Princess, as upgrading your booking should be doable with their booking software.

Thanks for the helpful reply. My TA said that she must call and speak with Princess for the upgrade and that it is generally a toss up as many of the Princess reps. are not well informed.  I will call Princess directly again.

15 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Thanks for the helpful reply. My TA said that she must call and speak with Princess for the upgrade and that it is generally a toss up as many of the Princess reps. are not well informed.  I will call Princess directly again.

You can call Princess, but may as well talk to a brick wall.  Guests who have booked with a TA cannot do anything with Princess in terms of their cabin category, location, or pricing.

If you are not past final payment date, why not cancel and re-book the cabin you want?  You could dump the TA after canceling as well and book direct with a CVP if you prefer to deal with Princess.

Your TA either doesn't know what they say or is too inexperienced.  TA's can definitely do this self-serve in POLAR.  Knowing POLAR is pretty basic for a TA selling Princess.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

If you are booked with a TA, Princess cannot do any financial type of transactions or even discuss with you, so your TA has to co ordinate upgrade and pricing, since they now ‘own’ the booking. Can your TA see the same pricing as you? If so, then they should be able to negotiate your upgrade request.

@Steelers36, beat me again in replying.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Dump the big box TA and get a legit one.

The "big box TA" is not at fault. The OP needs to tell the TA to inform Princess the fares on the website. I did this once and it worked out.

• Like 1