Demographic & Age Shift for Virgin?

gsutiger2

2 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

The reality is that there are so many people on these ships that most don't have any idea what the true demographics are, only their anecdotal experiences

Yes. On some ships the cruise director might give some demographic information such as countries. Maybe ages. 

But VV has no cruise director. 

and each sailing is different 

13 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

The reality is that there are so many people on these ships that most don't have any idea what the true demographics are, only their anecdotal experiences

The cruise line knows.  In one instance, I saw figures for 2022 in a VV info sheet put out by the company.   In mid 2023, a TA posted what he claimed were figures from VV, but he did not specify the dates involved.  They were quite similar to the 2022 numbers.  If you want to know about YOUR sailing, ask at sailor services.  If you just want passenger head count, any public facing crew member on board can tell you that.

If you want anecdotal experience, look around the ship.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:50 AM, AlyssaJames said:

Quoted because it bears repeating. Unfortunately, Carlos was my first Diva and he ruined me for everyone else. Absolute pro. 

(In case anyone isn't quite clear on what this means, Carlos is a resident Diva/Drag Queen who runs different entertainment events. Why is he great? He is a fantastic performer (singing/dancing/stand up comedy) and particularly great at tossing jokes back and forth with the audience. For the most part, the other Divas I've seen aren't quite as experienced at the rapid-fire audience engagement.)

What is carlos drag name?  We had Titty Kaka and felt like she was the best drag performer  we have ever seen and really enjoyed her but I see she is on Resilient lady after feb in Australia.  hoping for a great one on Valiant lady in March

26 minutes ago, herdfans4 said:

What is carlos drag name?  We had Titty Kaka and felt like she was the best drag performer  we have ever seen and really enjoyed her but I see she is on Resilient lady after feb in Australia.  hoping for a great one on Valiant lady in March

Drag name IS Carlos.  That's why he uses "A Woman Named Carlos" on line.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Drag name IS Carlos.  That's why he uses "A Woman Named Carlos" on line.

Previously was “Carlos the Uber Driver” but apparently got sent a letter from Uber telling them not to use their name! Then changed to “A Woman Named Carlos”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herdfans4 said:

A woman named Carlos. https://www.tiktok.com/@awomannamedcarlos Absolutely a fantastic performer.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 11:29 AM, Team Stag said:

I don't think the higher prices have attracted Celebrity passengers but rather the changes (price increases / cuts) at Celebrity under their new president has longtime Celebrity passengers looking for other options.  With a big focus on food & adults, VV is a natural transition for Celebrity passengers looking for a new home.

This is true, at least for this Celebrity sailor. Especially the focus on food and the adults-only policy. Celebrity hasn't priced us out, but certain changes to the X experience definitely had us wanting to try something new. Virgin was a good time but not a replacement for X, at least not for now. It will be very interesting to see how the line (and prices) evolve as VV finds its niche.

• Like 2