MDR dessert to go

Posted (edited)

We have early dining and usually get the dessert even though we are stuffed.  Then on some evenings I wish there was some place to get a snack other than pizza.  If I ask for the dessert to go how will it be packaged?  Also if I have dessert with dinner can I also ask for one to go?  If so can I bring a small plastic container so I can stick it in the cooler if necessary? 

Edited by Lorey2007

Posted (edited)

Or stop by the buffet later. On harmony every night they had a ice cream bar and most nights some kind of cobbler. The apple was good. 

I've seen people ask for dessert to go. Tip well if you want special favors. But I've seen them pack up this and that. They have tops for plates though I'm not sure fits into the refrigerator. 

Edited by firefly333

Yes, you can ask for desert to go from MDR.  They will put on a plate with large plastic lid.  

Their large plates do not usually fit into the room cooler.  Small plates usually fit.

I've never seen it done but sure you could bring your own container.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, you can ask for desert to go from MDR.  They will put on a plate with large plastic lid.  

Their large plates do not usually fit into the room cooler.  Small plates usually fit.

On allure I couldn't even get a saucer to sit on the refrigerator shelves. I was sick one night and tried to take a meal to go. Had to slant the 2 saucers I got in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

On allure I couldn't even get a saucer to sit on the refrigerator shelves. I was sick one night and tried to take a meal to go. Had to slant the 2 saucers I got in.

Some ships they fit, some they do not fit.   I wish they would fit in all of them.

The tiniest ones were the brand new ones they installed in September on our repo cruise on Serenade for the WC.   Our room steward said someone sure goofed when ordering them.   Hopefully they replaced them.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ask for a coffee mug plate.  Those are generally small enough to fit into the fridge.

• Like 2

Several thoughts: 

- Yes, we've often asked for dessert "to go".  They bring it to you on a plate with a cover, and they (usually) give you a fresh napkin /silverware as well. 

- Choose carefully if you're taking your dessert "to go".  Nothing topped with ice cream. 

- We have asked for our two desserts to be placed on one plate (less to carry, and we don't mind sharing the plate), but that seems to confuse the staff.  

- Alternately, you can go up to Windjammer later for dessert.  

• Like 1