Just Off Equinox

Had a great five night cruise.  Long time Celebrity cruiser.  Of note, in the MDR was told the filet from the Children's menu is NOT available .  Also noted that when I checked the app on our one Evening Chic night it showed the lobster menu.  I was certain that was incorrect…and I was right.  The menu presented in the MDR that night was a completely different one.  No problem for us but I’m sure others might have been upset.  Poor waiters having to explain no lobster.  The app may have corrected itself later that afternoon but that’s still unprofessional.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

...  Of note, in the MDR was told the filet from the Children's menu is NOT available .  ...

This has been so since at least last April.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:12 PM, maiaaya said:

I was on this same sailing with you and I agree- it was a great one! I’m a big fan of Equinox 🤩

So glad to hear this!  We will be on the Equinox in 2 1/2 weeks, first time on Celebrity.  Heard a lot of negatives regarding the cruise, so glad you all had a great experience.  I am looking forward to it!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 8:23 AM, helen haywood said:

Had a great five night cruise.  Long time Celebrity cruiser.  Of note, in the MDR was told the filet from the Children's menu is NOT available .  Also noted that when I checked the app on our one Evening Chic night it showed the lobster menu.  I was certain that was incorrect…and I was right.  The menu presented in the MDR that night was a completely different one.  No problem for us but I’m sure others might have been upset.  Poor waiters having to explain no lobster.  The app may have corrected itself later that afternoon but that’s still unprofessional.

Glad to hear it was  great cruise from a trusted CC Regular. How was the food in general?

We never use the app as  we heard it is not always reliable..and our devices are too old!

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Glad to hear it was  great cruise from a trusted CC Regular. How was the food in general?

We never use the app as  we heard it is not always reliable..and our devices are too old!

Well, I did notice portion size of entrees were noticeably smaller.  If you’re new to X, probably not an issue.  It actually wasn’t for us either…sometimes the portions used to be so large I was embarrassed to be wasting that much food.  Case in point the Rigatoni Boscaiola used to be four times as much pasta.  They have stopped plating mashed potatoes with an ice cream scoop…progress!!  The regulars…French Onion soup, escargot, shrimp cocktail all good as always.  Beef cuts have decidedly taken a step down but that appears to be the case across all cruise lines.  I like fish and pasta so I’m happy.  

I agree the app is extremely unreliable…but supposedly the younger generation is X’s target audience and they like their electronic devices.  😁  A funny app note…I just logged on to find the correct spelling of the rigatoni dish…and currently the dinner menus start off with the desserts…and a separate option to view Select Early or Select Late menus.  As though there is a difference…or, yikes, have I just revealed a new “enhancement?”

3 hours ago, Oliver6144 said:

So glad to hear this!  We will be on the Equinox in 2 1/2 weeks, first time on Celebrity.  Heard a lot of negatives regarding the cruise, so glad you all had a great experience.  I am looking forward to it!

There can be a lot of negativity on here, but I try not to read too much into it. The ship is very clean and well maintained, the crew members we interacted with were friendly and welcoming (several going above and beyond to connect with us and make us feel special), and the food and service was excellent! We were a group of 9 for this most recent one and had such a great time. I’m sure you will have the same great experience! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maiaaya said:

There can be a lot of negativity on here, but I try not to read too much into it. The ship is very clean and well maintained, the crew members we interacted with were friendly and welcoming (several going above and beyond to connect with us and make us feel special), and the food and service was excellent! We were a group of 9 for this most recent one and had such a great time. I’m sure you will have the same great experience! Enjoy!!

Thank you!  I have been on 13 cruises, all with Royal.  I have always wanted to try Celebrity!  We are a group of 6 and I have never been to Aruba, Bonaire or Curaçao, so I am looking forward to it!  We will have a great time no matter what!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver6144 said:

Thank you!  I have been on 13 cruises, all with Royal.  I have always wanted to try Celebrity!  We are a group of 6 and I have never been to Aruba, Bonaire or Curaçao, so I am looking forward to it!  We will have a great time no matter what!

ABC itin will be a treat..no bad ports!

• Like 1

Glad to read this - my son and his wife are on Equinox right now for their honeymoon. He has been on 3 Carnival and 4 Royal Caribbean cruises, so his first time on Celebrity. His wife is a first time cruiser. Hope they are also enjoying this ship!