Queen Anne running track

3 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

From what I've seen of the deck plans, the only place to walk or run is the "promenade" deck. 

QA Deck Plans (Dec23) (cunard.com)

As previously warned, the track will narrow in places (Lifeboat areas) causing walkers to perambulate in single file.  Joggers will have to devise polite overtaking techniques to bypass a line of multiple single file strollers, not forgetting those with limited mobility out taking the sea air.

• Like 1

It is most unfortunate that there will be NO true promenade deck on QA as exists on the other ships.  It will be mostly very narrow, and most views blocked by lifeboats.   Cunard must be hoping that no one notices.  What a shame and it is the reason I will never book her.   FYI, I just came off the Christmas cruise on QM2 and when the weather was nice the promenade deck was hugely popular, and it was often hard to find a deck chair. 

Deck Chair

• Like 3

I so agree deck chair- I stick to the other Queens also- I am not sure why they did not plan the ship with a propper prommenade deck. The only reason for me can be that they want attract a younger bunch of people, who do - some at least- not care about a propper prommenade deck.

• Like 1

We are also just off QM2 and thoroughly agree with you both.It is heaven after breakfast to find a sunny spot on deck 7,a good book, and MOH off walking his miles.Just to listen to the sea as well.We have just booked another voyage, and in spite of Queen Anne being the “must do ship” we have decided to stay with what we love.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

We are also just off QM2 and thoroughly agree with you both.It is heaven after breakfast to find a sunny spot on deck 7,a good book, and MOH off walking his miles.Just to listen to the sea as well.We have just booked another voyage, and in spite of Queen Anne being the “must do ship” we have decided to stay with what we love.

We have numerous trips booked on QA, sadly. I say sadly as it's definitely not a must do, but a beggars can't be choosers scenario if we want to continue with Cunard as our go-to cruise company. I don't like QM2 and we're not flying  at the moment so QA it is. Again, sadly!

However, glass half full and all that, we will enjoy her but also keep our fingers crossed she gets shipped out to fly/cruise duty in '26 and our beloved QV comes back to be based in Southampton. 🙂

• Like 1

The QM2 Promenade Deck is one of the treasures of the ship, indeed among present day passenger ships. Not just the dimensions, the shade, the traditional pleasures of proper steamer chairs and an open railing to the sea, but the superb real teak wood decks. That smell alone is worth the price of a ticket. And it must  confound those designing new Cunarders just how popular this deck and those on QVQE even with their plastic decks are... people actually enjoy these traditional, enduring ocean liner features.  And will continue to put their money where their preferences lie. No wonder they ensured QA is the only Southampton based ship.... I suspect run head to head against QV, the latter would attract more bookings.  

• Like 2

Slight change of direction for alcohol amusement.

We met a couple on their Honeymoon at the pre-cruise hotel and enjoyed their company over evening drinks.   They invited us to join them in the Verandah on the second night.  
Unfortunately, one was a a little worse for wear, and while seated on the bench seats, he keeled gently to his right, with his head against the wall, fell asleep.  
At this time the waiter arrived to take our orders.  
Three ordered, with the waiter asking about the slumped guest.  

“My embarrassment of a Husband will have a blanket for main, then for Dessert a Wheelchair and a couple of Stewards to help take him back to our room”.  

A blanket arrived, so did the Wheelchair.   So very Cunard.

Still in touch.  Still causes amusement.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Slight change of direction for alcohol amusement.

We met a couple on their Honeymoon at the pre-cruise hotel and enjoyed their company over evening drinks.   They invited us to join them in the Verandah on the second night.  
Unfortunately, one was a a little worse for wear, and while seated on the bench seats, he keeled gently to his right, with his head against the wall, fell asleep.  
At this time the waiter arrived to take our orders.  
Three ordered, with the waiter asking about the slumped guest.  

“My embarrassment of a Husband will have a blanket for main, then for Dessert a Wheelchair and a couple of Stewards to help take him back to our room”.  

A blanket arrived, so did the Wheelchair.   So very Cunard.

Still in touch.  Still causes amusement.

Waste of a good meal!

12 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

The only reason for me can be that they want attract a younger bunch of people, who do - some at least- not care about a propper prommenade deck.

The millennials will find their fitness activity around the new “Wellness” areas onboard QA. Wellness being the new marketing buzzword these days to attract the younger crowd. I’m probably beyond the help of any Wellness Center anyway!
I’ll take walking the traditional Prom deck, breathing in the ocean air, and viewing the ever changing scenery as my attraction to being onboard. But, if necessary, I’ll try QA at least once. 

14 hours ago, NE John said:

The millennials will find their fitness activity around the new “Wellness” areas onboard QA. Wellness being the new marketing buzzword these days to attract the younger crowd. I’m probably beyond the help of any Wellness Center anyway!
I’ll take walking the traditional Prom deck, breathing in the ocean air, and viewing the ever changing scenery as my attraction to being onboard. But, if necessary, I’ll try QA at least once. 

My interest in the wellness area is only so I may feel less guilty about all the good food and drink I consume on an average Cunard voyage!

On 1/9/2024 at 1:53 AM, deck chair said:

It is most unfortunate that there will be NO true promenade deck on QA as exists on the other ships.  It will be mostly very narrow, and most views blocked by lifeboats.   Cunard must be hoping that no one notices.  What a shame and it is the reason I will never book her.   FYI, I just came off the Christmas cruise on QM2 and when the weather was nice the promenade deck was hugely popular, and it was often hard to find a deck chair. 

Deck Chair

We just came back from the Christmas cruise on QM2. Family of 4 with two little people 8 and 6 in queens grill.  First time Cunard customers and loved it so much we have booked Queen Anne this October (also queens grill)

Kids were well behaved and received lots of compliments.  On the only occasion they played up they were retired to the room immediately.

The promenade deck was the only place (on a single occasion) in 12 days that we experienced any issues.

Took the kids for a post breakfast jog.  Lots of frivolity. Having fun.  Of course stopping and waiting at the thin bits.  One grumpy lady heard us coming and literally SCREAMED at us all “children should only be in the kids club”.  Whilst I held my wife back from engaging her I asked if she was serious.  “Yes I am”.

Thank you to that lady.  My children had never seen such anger.  Vitriol. Bile.  They learned a lesson that day - how to show composure. Respect. Values.

We went the opposite direction…..carried on having fun and laughed off the experience.

my wife hasn’t forgiven me for letting her off the hook 😂

• Like 2

We do most of our running on our local seafront promenade. It's far wider than any ship's prom deck but we only ever run there first thing in morning. Otherwise we're competing with prams, wheelchairs, scooters of all sorts, skateboarders etc. If we bypass that lot by overtaking on the cycle track we're upsetting the cyclists

QM2's prom deck was a problem for us simply walking. My wife's spatial awareness could be better, and numerous times I was aware of slow moving folk looking shocked as she cut in front of them. Think of drivers cutting in front on the road! 🙂

For us the safest place to run is on the treadmills in the gym.

24 minutes ago, Awilli43 said:

We just came back from the Christmas cruise on QM2. Family of 4 with two little people 8 and 6 in queens grill.  First time Cunard customers and loved it so much we have booked Queen Anne this October (also queens grill)

Kids were well behaved and received lots of compliments.  On the only occasion they played up they were retired to the room immediately.

The promenade deck was the only place (on a single occasion) in 12 days that we experienced any issues.

Took the kids for a post breakfast jog.  Lots of frivolity. Having fun.  Of course stopping and waiting at the thin bits.  One grumpy lady heard us coming and literally SCREAMED at us all “children should only be in the kids club”.  Whilst I held my wife back from engaging her I asked if she was serious.  “Yes I am”.

Thank you to that lady.  My children had never seen such anger.  Vitriol. Bile.  They learned a lesson that day - how to show composure. Respect. Values.

We went the opposite direction…..carried on having fun and laughed off the experience.

my wife hasn’t forgiven me for letting her off the hook 😂

Outrageous behaviour, but fortunately unusual. I would have been tempted to tell her that they were in the kids’ club, but had been expelled because of badness.

All the children I’ve encountered on Cunard have been much like yours, very well behaved, and clearly loving their holiday. I’m glad you all had such a lovely time, otherwise.

• Like 3

Ex-cons from the Kids Club…black leather jackets next or a cigarette box rolled up the sleeves next!

Maybe that angry lady should hang around well behaved kids more often to feel better about herself. 

• Like 1

Maybe there should be a rude people club so we can contain all people who can't behave themselves properly and commit such horrors as shouting at other passengers, touching the bread in the buffet and, crime of all crimes, wearing jeans in the evening. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Maybe there should be a rude people club so we can contain all people who can't behave themselves properly and commit such horrors as shouting at other passengers, touching the bread in the buffet and, crime of all crimes, wearing jeans in the evening. 

Think there are already cruise lines known to attract and cater for such people.  However, they do feel impelled to infect Cunard.

• Haha 1