LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

24 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yep, Big Brother sees all - you did that to yourself, lol. If you figure out how to stop it, let us know.🙄

In Chrome, menu 

Screenshot_20240122_183154_Chrome.jpg.729e201d1769cda1770ba3bfe5dccaf6.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_183321_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19629f84530e47d71a53bbb98e06c057.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_183005_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1d56f31059f08db3a88005a86354e2d.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_182910_Chrome.jpg.06826490b2692768c5455760369da18d.jpg

Tap each of these settings and turn them off.

Screenshot_20240122_182839_Chrome.jpg.8a7fc7bd301edae724c90fcfd67f69bc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HeyJut said:

Ad me to the list of cruise crud victims. Flight made it worse with ears popping and blocked the whole way.

Oh no! Hope you bounce back quickly. It was so great meeting you. 

• Like 4

The cruise was awesome and it was so much fun meeting the Tribe.

Everyone was so nice, friendly and fun!

We need to do another real soon!!

Hope ya'll made it home safe and thank goodness for once (so far), I did NOT catch the cruise crud!!

Once again, another great review by Megan! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2024 at 10:57 AM, Shaded Lady said:

It's from the Seafood Shack and yes, they charge you for it... not really worth it in my opinion, I prefer the lobster rolls with butter, not mayo.

I have ordered them with butter instead of mayo and they made it for me on several ships. I hope that gives you another option for your next cruise. 🙂  I hate that they no longer do the chowder in a bread bowl though. I loved those!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pnwredhead said:

I have ordered them with butter instead of mayo and they made it for me on several ships. I hope that gives you another option for your next cruise. 🙂  

I’ve read reports on here that butter instead of mayo was requested but was denied.

@MeganGC1983    So i dont have to go back and read 102 pages.

whats your overall impression of the celebration.

it appears you had a good time as i perused this thread 

any likes\dislikes  of ship layout,  Dining establishments, abrs Pools.

I forget is this the ship the rooms are supposed to  be a little bigger.  II am not  not overly fluffy (lol) but the small showers on the other ships are a tight fit and im just wondering now with doors is it going to be claustrophobic.

Most important to me crowds over the ship with that many guests are the common areas at times unbearable. 

just so you know i love the Breeze, magic, Horizon and Panorama in that order.  🙂

Edited by cxr133

@cxr133 I like the ship with less kids. The food is hit and miss. The MDR is not good. The buffet is not great. Specialty dining is great. Teppanyaki is my favorite along with sushi and Seafood Shack. The ship feels full at showtimes and on the Lido on sea days. Pools are body to body except Havana. The cabins, especially interiors are small. The showers are the same size. If you were fighting the curtain, you’ll touch the glass. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

@cxr133 I like the ship with less kids. The food is hit and miss. The MDR is not good. The buffet is not great. Specialty dining is great. Teppanyaki is my favorite along with sushi and Seafood Shack. The ship feels full at showtimes and on the Lido on sea days. Pools are body to body except Havana. The cabins, especially interiors are small. The showers are the same size. If you were fighting the curtain, you’ll touch the glass. 

*****   I'm going middle of summer so probably lots of kids.

what about layout with all the food venues being in different spots all over the ship.  from guys on 17  to pizza shack on 8   or wherever

but i am not going to like a super crowded pool or LIDO deck at all.  crap maybe i should try to switch  to vista   😞

THANKS 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cxr133 said:

*****   I'm going middle of summer so probably lots of kids.

what about layout with all the food venues being in different spots all over the ship.  from guys on 17  to pizza shack on 8   or wherever

but i am not going to like a super crowded pool or LIDO deck at all.  crap maybe i should try to switch  to vista   😞

THANKS 

Food venues were fine. Not too busy. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

The cruise was awesome and it was so much fun meeting the Tribe.

Everyone was so nice, friendly and fun!

We need to do another real soon!!

Hope ya'll made it home safe and thank goodness for once (so far), I did NOT catch the cruise crud!!

Once again, another great review by Megan! 

I had so much fun with y’all. Definitely need to do it again! 

• Like 6

Dang, I got the cruise crud too...minus the cruise. 

@MeganGC1983 - Thanks so much for the Live.  It was fun following along

for the week.

@cxr133 - When we cruised on the Celebration, we were in a cove balcony.  Definitely smaller than the coves on the Dream class ships but loved the Celebration overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

@MeganGC1983 So, would you sail Carnival again?  I remember reading in one of your comments that this might be your last Carnival cruise.  I'm curious, because we have not sailed Carnival since 2013, but the Venezia looks interesting to me.  But gangs of teenagers blocking the stairs does not appeal. Just wondering your general opinion after this sailing.

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcrum said:

@MeganGC1983 So, would you sail Carnival again?  I remember reading in one of your comments that this might be your last Carnival cruise.  I'm curious, because we have not sailed Carnival since 2013, but the Venezia looks interesting to me.  But gangs of teenagers blocking the stairs does not appeal. Just wondering your general opinion after this sailing.

Thank you.

Yes, I’ll sail Carnival again. There was a point when I was only sailing Carnival. Now, I’ll just be more selective. Nothing on the Excel class close to school breaks. We are sailing Royal with the kids in May. We will see if that’s any different. People have become pretty wild out there. 

• Like 11

I think being "selective" is an excellent way to cruise.  I mean after all folks are paying good hard earned cash to cruise they want to have a good time, enjoy themselves and not be stressed.

I watched a video the other day of 1st timers cruising on VV and they loved it cruising with all adults, there is some appeal there, and it does not mean that you don't like kids!

• Like 3

Hope you won't be disappointed in the Havana area on the Panorama. Although a larger area, the inside lounge was always at max capacity in the evenings and the same chair and clam chair hogs live on the outside deck area during day. The hot tub was mostly filled with those that never left. They empty the pool and put in clean cold water anytime without notice, making it unusable for a day. However we did get a lot of use out of our balcony. I suppose it all depends on the crowd that cruises 🙂 when you do

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I made a decision on Virgin. I’ll be (semi) live in about 2 weeks. Hope you all will join me! 

Will you link it here or do we need to look over on VV page?  I'll be on my cruise but I want to follow along.

• Like 3