Old vs. New Plus Package

Kamfish642

I'm sure that this question is answered somewhere in past posts, so if you can point me to the appropriate post(s) that would be appreciated.  If not, and clarification would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Q: We book a cruise under the former Plus Package almost 2 years ago when it was first offered.  Can someone please clarify the differences between the old and new Plus Packages and what we are still entitled to under the old Plus Package.

I am currently onboard with the old Princess Plus. We are able to get drinks up to $15. Our gratuities are covered, as well as Wi-fi. 
We will have to pay to go to the casual dining venues. We had to pay a one time fee of $14.95 to use Ocean Now delivery. No Premium desserts or special fitness classes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BonnieJC said:

I am currently onboard with the old Princess Plus. We are able to get drinks up to $15. Our gratuities are covered, as well as Wi-fi. 
We will have to pay to go to the casual dining venues. We had to pay a one time fee of $14.95 to use Ocean Now delivery. No Premium desserts or special fitness classes. 

Interesting to read you are onboard now but with the old plus package. When did you book cruise and did you pay the old price of $50? We paid the old price of $50 too ,booked last year before it went up to $60 and before the package changed bug Princess have said we will be getting the new package even though we only paid $50. Curious as to why you weren't able to      

1 hour ago, fizzy1 said:

Interesting to read you are onboard now but with the old plus package. When did you book cruise and did you pay the old price of $50? We paid the old price of $50 too ,booked last year before it went up to $60 and before the package changed bug Princess have said we will be getting the new package even though we only paid $50. Curious as to why you weren't able to      

We booked this a year ago, when it was $50. We’ve done 4 cruises before this with the new Plus, so it feels odd, but since it was booked so long ago, the travel summary only lists the old basics. I did double check on the app and it says in red that not all of the items listed may apply. It also shows that I could upgrade to Plus for $10 a day per person. We are on for 30 days, so sure won’t pay $600 more. We’ve never attempted one of the sundaes, and haven’t used the fitness classes. If we want to go to a casual venue, we’ll just pay. So far we’ve just added $14.95 for one phone to use Ocean Now. Breakfast/coffee delivery using the door hanger is complementary for everyone. Room Service using the phone is an extra charge of $5, but we’ve never used it before. 
I did write a letter when it first came out, since it upset me. I never heard back. I got over it once I wrote the letter. Being on board now, it’s really not a problem for us. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BonnieJC said:

We booked this a year ago, when it was $50. We’ve done 4 cruises before this with the new Plus, so it feels odd, but since it was booked so long ago, the travel summary only lists the old basics. I did double check on the app and it says in red that not all of the items listed may apply. It also shows that I could upgrade to Plus for $10 a day per person. We are on for 30 days, so sure won’t pay $600 more. We’ve never attempted one of the sundaes, and haven’t used the fitness classes. If we want to go to a casual venue, we’ll just pay. So far we’ve just added $14.95 for one phone to use Ocean Now. Breakfast/coffee delivery using the door hanger is complementary for everyone. Room Service using the phone is an extra charge of $5, but we’ve never used it before. 
I did write a letter when it first came out, since it upset me. I never heard back. I got over it once I wrote the letter. Being on board now, it’s really not a problem for us. 

Excellent

We too just activated one phone to Oceans Now. We sailed a B2B with the first leg on the $60 and the longer 16day on the $50. We weren't going to pay the additional $1920 for 2 casual meals and those deserts and fitness classes.

18 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

I you see the new element on the print summary under the luggage tag area.  This clearly defines what you do or do not receive.  It will have all the individual items listed.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I you see the new element on the print summary under the luggage tag area.  This clearly defines what you do or do not receive.  It will have all the individual items listed.

Yes, we have the new benefits of the plus package even though we paid the old rate of £50 and not the new rate of £60. I have it listed on the new app as well as from the rep on chat

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 5:40 PM, Kamfish642 said:
On 1/8/2024 at 6:06 PM, BonnieJC said:

We are onboard the Island doing the world cruise.  We purchased in Nov 2021 under the old Plus package.  The poster I quoted is correct in our experience EXCEPT we received coupons for 2 free casual dining meals listed as "Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge Compliments of Princess Cruises"