The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday, January 9th, 2024

kazu

Wow on the weather everyone is having.  So far we have just had high winds but no  power outages and no rain.  

Roy glad to hear that your radiation went well and you anticipate no bad side effects. It is incredible how medicine has advanced in this area.  

@marshhawk It sounds like your life is never easy, with caring for your husband, your pets and animals and having all your doctor appointments become major hassles.  I think everyone is having issues with medical appointments now- it is getting worse rather than better. There was a very good article in the newspaper about the impact of private equity buying out doctors/hospitals and only caring about the bottom line vs actual patient care.  I think we will see more and more of this. I had one doctor visit where he spent the entire time looking at his computer and never even examined me - that was the last time I saw him.  I don't know how he could even know what was wrong w/o ever looking at me. My husband (who is a retired MD) said that the patient's appearance and really listening to the patient tells you a lot about what is wrong and is critical to an accurate diagnosis. Now you just get sent for tests vs care. Enough of my rant.

Glad to hear that so many are enjoying their various cruises.

Please everyone stay safe and if it is horrible weather stay home, if at all possible.  There are too many crazies driving now who think that their 4 wheel drive cars can handle everything including icy roads which of course they can't.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@cunnorl Charlene, hope all is well by you. We just got the all clear here. It sounds as if they just renewed your tornado warning. 

Ann, I'm glad you are safe and have gotten the all clear.

43 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Ann, yes  we just pulled everything in and storm shutters are down. Crazy weather. Ocean is wild!

Glad you are ok.   We have a little bit more to go.

Thanks for thinking of me.   

Stay safe

Charlene

Charlene, glad you are safe and have the storm shutters down.   I hope you get the all clear soon.

10 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Wow on the weather everyone is having.  So far we have just had high winds but no  power outages and no rain.  

Roy glad to hear that your radiation went well and you anticipate no bad side effects. It is incredible how medicine has advanced in this area.  

@marshhawk It sounds like your life is never easy, with caring for your husband, your pets and animals and having all your doctor appointments become major hassles.  I think everyone is having issues with medical appointments now- it is getting worse rather than better. There was a very good article in the newspaper about the impact of private equity buying out doctors/hospitals and only caring about the bottom line vs actual patient care.  I think we will see more and more of this. I had one doctor visit where he spent the entire time looking at his computer and never even examined me - that was the last time I saw him.  I don't know how he could even know what was wrong w/o ever looking at me. My husband (who is a retired MD) said that the patient's appearance and really listening to the patient tells you a lot about what is wrong and is critical to an accurate diagnosis. Now you just get sent for tests vs care. Enough of my rant.

Glad to hear that so many are enjoying their various cruises.

Please everyone stay safe and if it is horrible weather stay home, if at all possible.  There are too many crazies driving now who think that their 4 wheel drive cars can handle everything including icy roads which of course they can't.  

I agree about the private equity buying out not only medical practices, but hospitals.  We've had one doctor that never looked up from his computer, and that was the last time we saw him.  We used the nurse practitioner after that.  Out Texas PCP left a practice to start his own because the owner cared more about the bottom line.  A few years later, a regional hospital bought out that practice.  At least, it was not a private equity firm.  Our PCP's practice is thriving.

I hope everyone in the path of the storms remains safe and their power stays on.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Often I review my after visit dr/pa notes....it amazes me what they chart vs what they actually did....it's rare to get any kind of hands on (or stethoscope on) exam any more.  After my recent spine surgery I can count on 2 fingers the staff (& that was the same RN) that did listen to my heart/lungs & I am an emphysema pt that they kept on oxygen my entire stay even though I'm not on it at home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Good evening everyone.

My procedure went well and both lesions were “burned off” with a “cryotherapy procedure”.   Don’t have to go back to have stitched removed and only have to clean the areas every day with vasoline and band aids.   

The only glitch is that if the wounds are not healed by the time we go on our cruise, I cannot go in the water.  Bummer!

That is only three weeks away.  If I had known, I would have waited until after the cruise.

The blood work showed that my inflammation level is close to normal, but that doesn’t explain the pain I have.

Will be in touch with the doc. Tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

19 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

My procedure went well and both lesions were “burned off” with a “cryotherapy procedure”.   Don’t have to go back to have stitched removed and only have to clean the areas every day with vasoline and band aids.   

The only glitch is that if the wounds are not healed by the time we go on our cruise, I cannot go in the water.  Bummer!

That is only three weeks away.  If I had known, I would have waited until after the cruise.

The blood work showed that my inflammation level is close to normal, but that doesn’t explain the pain I have.

Terri

Terri, the liquid nitrogen freezing method (as you said cryotherapy) should heal pretty quickly.  I'm pretty sure you will be healed in three weeks' time.  Good luck tomorrow!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Our Tornado warnings have all been lifted. We had some pretty strong winds and heavy rain. Still raining. In the middle of it all, a MSC ship left Pt Canaveral. They had a very rocky ride.  I think there are some branches down but cant really see in the dark and we are not going out there!

Thanks for all your thoughts for us Floridians.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Often I review my after visit dr/pa notes....it amazes me what they chart vs what they actually did....it's rare to get any kind of hands on (or stethoscope on) exam any more.  After my recent spine surgery I can count on 2 fingers the staff (& that was the same RN) that did listen to my heart/lungs & I am an emphysema pt that they kept on oxygen my entire stay even though I'm not on it at home.

I like to read the after visit notes as well.  There are times I would swear that they are documenting some other patient's visit, certainly not mine.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad they could remove the lesions with cryotherapy.  I hope your doctor has some ideas about what is causing your pain and ways to help alleviate it.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

Terri

Best wishes Terri.

43°F and clear here at 08.44am.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Our Tornado warnings have all been lifted. We had some pretty strong winds and heavy rain. Still raining. In the middle of it all, a MSC ship left Pt Canaveral. They had a very rocky ride.  I think there are some branches down but cant really see in the dark and we are not going out there!

Thanks for all your thoughts for us Floridians.

So glad it is over and you are safe.  👍. Hope your damage is only a few branches 🤞 

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Wasn’t me on the tour where the bees attacked people. And the tornado went over the top of us with just heavy rain and thunder and lightning. No damage we are safe.

That’s great news!

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

Terri

So glad to hear your procedure went well 👍 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The news this evening was that we have experienced high winds, ferries cancelled, etc.    IMG_4586.thumb.jpeg.570beb60b0cd8fa16bc37628ac740d50.jpeg

IMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.95807e66b465314f008a7a461014a527.jpeg  

Yikes, Ann!  I hope you didn’t suffer any damage.

• Like 5

• LauraS locked this topic