Royal Caribbean air to Sea program

I don't understand why I can't find any flights after my cruise to get back home from Barcelona to Miami when I check on their website it only seems to include flights to the cruise not from the cruise anybody have any advice thanks

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Booking through Royal for flights is never a good move.

I agree with this! Used once and will never use again. I argued for days before finally convincing American Airlines to pull the booking from them which is rare.

3 hours ago, ReRe71 said:

Why is that?

They are basically operating as a crappy third party travel agent by booking flights. The potential minor savings is far outweighed by the limited options and inflexible itineraries.  Just book your own flights and don't be hassled.

22 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

They are basically operating as a crappy third party travel agent by booking flights. The potential minor savings is far outweighed by the limited options and inflexible itineraries.  Just book your own flights and don't be hassled.

We booked via A2S for our upcoming September cruise (Barcelona). We are flying direct to BCN and have a layover in Munich on the return back to DC (which we were fine with). Booking directly with United was over $6K and the A2S price was $3400 (premium economy).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ReRe71 said:

We booked via A2S for our upcoming September cruise (Barcelona). We are flying direct to BCN and have a layover in Munich on the return back to DC (which we were fine with). Booking directly with United was over $6K and the A2S price was $3400 (premium economy).

You saved $2,600, or 44%?

"97.3% of everything you read on the internet is made up" - Abraham Lincoln

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Booking through Royal for flights is never a good move.

I totally disagree.  We have booked Air2Sea and Flights by Celebrity and it has worked out well for us.  We only do it when it is an International flight.  We had snow and were unable to fly out last year in February to Buenos Aires.  Flights By Celebrity was great and rebooked us and made sure that we made it to our cruise on time.  If I would have booked it myself, they wouldn’t have cared about us making the cruise and this is why it is important to me to use them. Weather happens and they were accommodating.  I also like to use them because I can book early, make changes, make payment when final cruise payment is due and if I cancel my cruise, I can cancel my flight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ReRe71 said:

Why is that?

Don’t listen.  It is great for international flights and reserving your spot, delaying your payment, being able to make changes and cancel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

You saved $2,600, or 44%?

"97.3% of everything you read on the internet is made up" - Abraham Lincoln

The roundtrip flight on United was over $6K, we paid $3400 via A2S.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Don’t listen.  It is great for international flights and reserving your spot, delaying your payment, being able to make changes and cancel.

Hoping for a good experience.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Agreed. The pros outweigh the cons for international flights.  Now for domestic it isn't nearly as beneficial. Not that there are more cons, just less pros.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bjbilly said:

I don't understand why I can't find any flights after my cruise to get back home from Barcelona to Miami when I check on their website it only seems to include flights to the cruise not from the cruise anybody have any advice thanks

I am not sure when your cruise is, but I have noticed that they release more as you get closer.  I hope that is what happens for you.  

2 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I am not sure when your cruise is, but I have noticed that they release more as you get closer.  I hope that is what happens for you.  

Can't you with A2S book early, keep watching and if price goes down. Call them and have them rebook it at the lower price?

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't you with A2S book early, keep watching and if price goes down. Call them and have them rebook it at the lower price?

Yes, but they have to actually have flights available to and from.  

Just call and see what they have. No commitments.  I didn't see flights but called. Didn't like airlines they offered.  Told them what airline I wanted and they offered me more agreeable options.  Still haven't made a decision.  Need a 1 way international flt.  Call.

Have  been monitoring flights for segment of world cruise in July. EWR to LHR, returning CPH to EWR.  Air to Sea is quoting me $1k round trip pp with non-stops both ways.  Booking direct with UAL and SAS is over $2.5k.  Multiply that for 3 people and it's a big savings. 

• Like 1