App allows to order Medallion but ship to home option is grayed out

nho9504

I found on the New App where to order the Medallions.  It even tells me to order for other guest on the same booking to save on shipping cost.

Then on the Shipping Option the Ship to Home Address is grayed out.  It defaults to the option of Puck Up at pier.

Is it because I chose to remove the CC info from Shoreside, because Medallion is handled by 3rd party?  And now shipping is no longer free?

Shipping of medallions is at no charge if you have Plus or Premier package. This is a change as when Medallions first introduced, it was free to be mailed.

Also currently mailing only available to Canada and US. 

If you have standard cruise fare, and want mailed, you need to pay if you are in Canada or US.

If you do have Plus or Premier, call and they should be able to complete your order. One of my bookings I upgraded to premier, but had already ordered medallion for port pick up. After upgrading, called and agent cancelled original order and then changed it to be mailed to my home.

Edited by wallyj

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I found on the New App where to order the Medallions.  It even tells me to order for other guest on the same booking to save on shipping cost.

Then on the Shipping Option the Ship to Home Address is grayed out.  It defaults to the option of Puck Up at pier.

Is it because I chose to remove the CC info from Shoreside, because Medallion is handled by 3rd party?  And now shipping is no longer free?

Last night, I helped my brother in law order his medallion for shipping. Initially, he wasn’t able to enter shipping info and could only select to pick up at port. He doesn’t have plus or premier so we thought it was because he needed to enter credit card info in order to pay the $10 shipping costs.  He entered info for onboard only and not for shoreside. Then he received some message that said he has to complete the rest of the check-in process first. So, once he completed everything in the check-in and entered a card for onboard charges, he was able to order the medallion for shipment to his home address.  Didn’t need to enter credit card for shoreside.  He used the web check in and not the old or new app (he hasn’t downloaded either yet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wallyj said:

Shipping of medallions is at no charge if you have Plus or Premier package. This is a change as when Medallions first introduced, it was free to be mailed.

Also currently mailing only available to Canada and US. 

If you have standard cruise fare, and want mailed, you need to pay if you are in Canada or US.

If you do have Plus or Premier, call and they should be able to complete your order. One of my bookings I upgraded to premier, but had already ordered medallion for port pick up. After upgrading, called and agent cancelled original order and then changed it to be mailed to my home.

I'm plus and had to pay for shipping $10. I even ordered them on the phone with princess and she charged me. Have I been had?

7 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I'm plus and had to pay for shipping $10. I even ordered them on the phone with princess and she charged me. Have I been had?

Did you know with Plus it is suppose to entitle you to free mailing? 

I assume you did not or did not push back when they said you needed to pay?

I would call and see if they can process refund for you, but some may think not worth my time for $10? 

• Like 1

Standard because DH does not drink, even myself only drink a little but Princess requires all passengers buy the package.   We will not pay for something that a big portion is no use to us.

Pick up at the port then.  No biggie.  At worst we miss the short one hour opening time of the embarkation dining room. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

Pick up at the port then.  No biggie.  At worst we miss the short one hour opening time of the embarkation dining room.

Does picking up the medallion entail a lot of queuing?

I use a stick as a walking aid as my balance is bad.

I also live in UK.

Edited by upwarduk

56 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I also live in UK.

It can depending upon the port. I believe most ports should have 3 lines/lanes, green, if you already have Medallion, blue, if picking up Medallion and Grey, special assistance, wheelchairs, etc., so with your mobility issue, I suggest you use grey lane.

Are you saying living in the UK means you will most like be using Southampton?

Check the Southampton port section on cruise critic for more specific info regarding that ports info.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I also live in UK.

If you live in the UK the question is moot - you cannot get it shipped to anywhere but US and Canada. You may be able to board with those with mobility restrictions. 

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

It can depending upon the port. I believe most ports should have 3 lines/lanes, green, if you already have Medallion, blue, if picking up Medallion and Grey, special assistance, wheelchairs, etc., so with your mobility issue, I suggest you use grey lane.

Are you saying living in the UK means you will most like be using Southampton?

Check the Southampton port section on cruise critic for more specific info regarding that ports info.

If you are elite, even picking up the Medallion at the pier, you will still be in Blue Lane.

I just ordered ours from the web version of the Medallion App.  The web version does have the shipping to home option, but of course it is exactly what I suspected, you need to enable the Shore Payment by linked to the shipboard CC.  Otherwise pick up is the only option, but it does indicate to pick up at Blue Line.  So picking up at the pier would not lose the status that entitles to Blue Line. 

This is only fair for those elites who live outside Canada and US, those who entitle to priority boarding, i.e. Blue Lane.

Though the whole thing just gets very silly to me.  I wish Royal would deploy their new mega ship(s) to Europe.  Alas, they are much smarter because they make far more money doing the short cruises in the Caribbeans.  The stock prices of RCL and CCL aptly reflect which company is the smarter one.

Oh, of course RCL does not bother with the silly Medallion type of gadget yet their App / Interactive TV on board is light years ahead of Princess, long before Princess even has an App.

• Thanks 1

I forgot to point out this date discrepancy.

I ordered the Medallion buttons on January 10th US EST 8:58PM.

The confirmation came back from Princess site, shows January 11, 2024.

Folks, this is a proof the order handling outfit locates somewhere outside US, or at least the processor is outside US, in a time zone that is already January 11 when it is still Jan 10 in North America.  The processor of the Medallions is in Asia for all I could speculate, probably inside China - with all the crappy accessories Princess tries to make money from - they are most likely Made in China in some small town called Yi Wu. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiwu

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 5:12 PM, upwarduk said:

I also live in UK.

My husband used a cane during our last cruise and they took us through a disability line. We bypassed most of the passengers. See if one is available or if they will use a wheelchair.

• Like 1

Same for me tonight.  Ordered Medallion on New App since I could not do it on Old App.  Got charged (Plus Package).  Tried to cancel.  Pop us says I had to call Princess to cancel.  Spoke to agent who cancelled but did not offer to place or for me for free.

Said their is a glitch since it worked for a friend of mine (when her roommate got charged).  Go figure.

Option:

Pay the $10 and get reimbursed on the ship.  Maybe returned to CC, maybe refundable OBC, maybe non-refundable OBC.  Maybe not going to happen at all.  No, Princess will not get my $10 to hold for several months.