Diamond plus bogo

Some have had success, however, once on board they adjust the price of the first diner to the on-board pricing.   An advantage to this process is that you have reservations of the night and time. 

On my August sail on Oasis, there was a party of 7 for which I had reservations for Chop's and Giovanni's however, when I tried to get myself to dine with my party and using the BOGO on the 2nd night for Chop's, I was told that they could not accommodate an 8th diner.  All tables were pre-set.  I did get the choice of changing the dining date to a different night other than 1 o 2.

I have the same dilemma for my upcoming family Anthem Easter sail.   Should I wait till I get on board to make dining arrangements and run into the same hassle or pre-reserve Chop's for 2 (me +1) in my planner and have it adjusted for BOGO.

Edited by nelblu

Do it, what's the worse that can happen? They don't let you use it and then charge you the regular price and  then you still use your discount coupon.

This way you do get the day and time you want and don't have to worry about going there on embarkment day when there is a long line there making reservations

Just show up there with a reservation for 1, they have no tables for 1. Show up there with 2  people and enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just show up there with a reservation for 1, they have no tables for 1. Show up there with 2  people and enjoy.

I have reservations for Chop's for a party of 6 on the 2nd night.  I was planning on pre-planning and pay for my son and me for the same night and then have it adjusted for BOGO at the on-board pricing. 

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I have reservations for Chop's for a party of 6 on the 2nd night.  I was planning on pre-planning and pay for my son and me for the same night and then have it adjusted for BOGO at the on-board pricing. 

Have never done with a party of people, have used it plenty of times for just my Wife and I.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Have never done with a party of people, have used it plenty of times for just my Wife and I.

I need a pre-set table for 8 for the 2nd night.  Don't know what hassle I'll be facing when I request a price adjustment.

27 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Some have had success, however, once on board they adjust the price of the first diner to the on-board pricing.   An advantage to this process is that you have reservations of the night and time. 

On my August sail on Oasis, there was a party of 7 for which I had reservations for Chop's and Giovanni's however, when I tried to get myself to dine with my party and using the BOGO on the 2nd night for Chop's, I was told that they could not accommodate an 8th diner.  All tables were pre-set.  I did get the choice of changing the dining date to a different night other than 1 o 2.

I have the same dilemma for my upcoming family Anthem Easter sail.   Should I wait till I get on board to make dining arrangements and run into the same hassle or pre-reserve Chop's for 2 (me +1) in my planner and have it adjusted for BOGO.

That sounds weird.  I thought tables with 2, 4 6 or 8 people not any tables for 7

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

That sounds weird.  I thought tables with 2, 4 6 or 8 people not any tables for 7

Maybe a couple of those round tables only seat 7, not exactly sure though. They could have been assigned one of them.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Table for 7 was a partial booth and included 3 children.  I argued with the maitre d to squeeze me in, but he was a hard a_s. 🤣

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have ate at Chops several times at a table for 7 when we were cruising with two other couples and my sister, who is single. Have also done the same at a table for 5 when cruising with one other couple plus my sister.